Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

20 goals a season...tellin ye...

20 I think 8 would be a great for a Hearts striker as we struggle to consistently find one that can hit 10.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Agreed. I think the point is that it's clearly not just ourselves who make duff signings. Granted the difference seems to be ours are on longer term contracts than 6 month deals.

I think the ones we’ve made would have likely been amongst our top earners too, clubs take punts and make mistakes but ours seem to be slightly more costly. The scouting of players, seeing something that our coaches can work on (Stockton-Daly) and make them better, and the guy having the work ethic to do it doesn’t seem to be working. 

Boy let his fitness fall through the floor, and nobody has called him “lazy” yet, to the best of my memory. ?

Djoum and Clare are lazy though apparently. Despite clearly being fit as ****. ?

31 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Difficult to know why Martin would complain about picking up a healthy wage for over 2 years for nothing! More than likely there will be a confidentiality clause in his pay off. 

I struggle to understand how you can question Vanacek's motivation in this situation, none of us know what has happened. Evidently though in the end he is thought to be not good enough and we have spunked six figures on a player who has contributed nothing. 

Martin was a Cathro signing and didn't get much of a look-in when CL took over.  Many players would bear a grudge.

There might have been a confidentiality clause and possibly even a pay-off but if the healthy wage was the motivating factor he only needed to sit tight until November and continue enjoying it.  I don't think an extra few months would be a problem after 2 years being paid for doing nothing?

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Boy let his fitness fall through the floor, and nobody has called him “lazy” yet, to the best of my memory. ?

Djoum and Clare are lazy though apparently. Despite clearly being fit as ****. ?

Isma, lazy. Juanma, lazy. Lafferty, daft. Weird.

8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Johnsen

32 minutes ago, Morph said:

Maybe this is where we’ll disagree but if he does now have a bad attitude I would just ask what do we expect when the manager has went through him publicly before even having a run of games.  I find it hard to believe he turned up with that attitude though because all his social media leading up to him signing was just about buzzing to play for hearts.  

We dont know the full details and doubt we ever will so he’ll probably just go down as one of they bizarre signings that pop up in conversation a few years down the line. 

I suspect he has bad something ... a lot worse than attitude ......

I’m sure in future there will be rumours about what it is / was but let’s hope we get the best ‘exit’ agreement possible before any rumours ‘break’

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Isma, lazy. Juanma, lazy. Lafferty, daft. Weird.

?

Suso = headless chicken

Temps = enigmatic winger

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I suspect he has bad something ... a lot worse than attitude ......

I’m sure in future there will be rumours about what it is / was but let’s hope we get the best ‘exit’ agreement possible before any rumours ‘break’

No idea what you’re insinuating here. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Johnsen

Johnsen was:

”lazy”

”gutless”

”coward”

”disinterested”

?

Just now, Morph said:

Neither have I ?.... ....

However in any organisation there are rules on behaviour defining acceptability and unacceptability - with zero tolerance being applied on the latter, my guess is that he has crossed that line!

Inch Hearts
58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All short term contracts 

A big difference from giving players 2, 3 even 4 years contacts for them to produce not a lot but a hefty contribution towards wages?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Morph said:

Any evidence of him boasting about his ability?

I looked a while ago and couldn’t see anything at all on any of his social media. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-on-david-vanecek-s-holiday-social-media-promises-and-owing-hearts-fans-1-4862760

“This situation is clear for me,” said the manager. “If he hadn’t been sending all these social media messages out and bigging himself up so that supporters expect a performance up here, for somebody who has not trained for five weeks, then I would have had more sympathy. But he has set himself up, and he knows that.”

“I sat down with him on Thursday and showed him all the clips from the game, showed him all his crap on social media that he was sending to Hearts supporters saying ‘I’m coming to score ten goals’ and all that. And, basically, he’s not done anything fitness-wise for four or five weeks. I’m better telling him that now than pussy-footing around. He needs to know I’m unhappy about the way he has approached this. So he is apologetic, says he will do extra training and I’m hopeful this is the kick up the backside he needs."

I don’t want our supporters to think that’s the best he can do (against Livingston and Dundee). But having seen all the social media messages, they have seen a couple of performances from him that don’t match up to the hype. So I need to dampen that enthusiasm to give him time to get himself to the place he needs to get to.

“Also, he owes the supporters as well. It’s better to under-promise and over-deliver than it is to do it the other way round. Every time.”

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Morph said:

I dont think he's insinuating anything. He's just stating his belief that its more than just his attitude that held him back. 

And that rumors will start to leak on what it was. Levein didnt sit him just to show him who's boss. We were crying out for a "striker" from October.

If he was a striker he'd have got game time.

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He will always be known to me as that striker who couldn't get a game ahead of Craig Wighton.

Must feel like getting beaten in an eating contest by someone with anorexia 

Haha - superb analogy there fella! True as well!?

7 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-on-david-vanecek-s-holiday-social-media-promises-and-owing-hearts-fans-1-4862760

“This situation is clear for me,” said the manager. “If he hadn’t been sending all these social media messages out and bigging himself up so that supporters expect a performance up here, for somebody who has not trained for five weeks, then I would have had more sympathy. But he has set himself up, and he knows that.”

“I sat down with him on Thursday and showed him all the clips from the game, showed him all his crap on social media that he was sending to Hearts supporters saying ‘I’m coming to score ten goals’ and all that. And, basically, he’s not done anything fitness-wise for four or five weeks. I’m better telling him that now than pussy-footing around. He needs to know I’m unhappy about the way he has approached this. So he is apologetic, says he will do extra training and I’m hopeful this is the kick up the backside he needs."

I don’t want our supporters to think that’s the best he can do (against Livingston and Dundee). But having seen all the social media messages, they have seen a couple of performances from him that don’t match up to the hype. So I need to dampen that enthusiasm to give him time to get himself to the place he needs to get to.

“Also, he owes the supporters as well. It’s better to under-promise and over-deliver than it is to do it the other way round. Every time.”

This is an unbelievable sign of progress JiH! Years of asking questions on JKB that could be easily answered by a very quick Google search, and then... POW!

Someone asks a question that requires a bit of search engine work, and up you pop with the link and the quotes!

Well done man. Proud of you. I assume this means you won’t ask as many questions on here, for other people to search for the answers?

❤️

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Thos is an unbelievable sign of progress JiH! Years of asking questions on JKB that could be easily answered by a very quick Google search, and then... POW!

Someone asks a question that requires a bit of search engine work, and up you pop with the link and the quotes!

Well done man. Proud of you. I assume this means you won’t ask as many questions on here, for other people to search for the answers?

❤️

Perrtttttty!!!!! Celebration required. JiH to get a gold name or something for services to JKB for confusing everyone of us with an answer not a question. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Perrtttttty!!!!! Celebration required. JiH to get a gold name or something for services to JKB for confusing everyone of us with an answer not a question. 

It feels like that moment when the last remaining blue tit chick flies out of its nest box, for the last time, on Springwatch.

16 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I know levein said that he done it, but where’s the actual proof of him doing it?  

I went through his Instagram quickly again and the only thing I could see was a cringey motivational post from a while ago saying something about dying a legend or something.  

Even if he was doing it, is that a bad thing?  He put his neck on the line saying he’s going to score so give him the chance to back up his words.  I want our players to back themselves and believe they can be the top scorer or best player in the league.  Confidence breeds good performances. 

Edited by Morph

I know levein said that he done it, but where’s the actual proof of him doing it?  

I went through his Instagram quickly again and the only thing I could see was a cringey motivational post from a while ago saying something about dying a legend or something.  

Even if he was doing it, is that a bad thing?  He put his neck on the line saying he’s going to score so give him the chance to back up his words.  I want our players to back themselves and believe they can be the top scorer or best player in the league.  Confidence breeds good performances. 

Mind that time Malaury Martin posted a photo of himself on Instagram with a caption about being a warrior, and laying his body on the line etc?

Bazzas right boot
On 12/06/2019 at 11:42, TheOak88 said:

Nah I haven’t spoken to the guy that told me about it since last week; so no idea if anything has progressed or not. 

Not good enough mate. 

Get on it. 

?

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Mind that time Malaury Martin posted a photo of himself on Instagram with a caption about being a warrior, and laying his body on the line etc?

Nah I don’t think I followed him. 

As i said I just don’t get how a player coming in saying he’s going to do well and score goals is a bad thing that gets you frozen out the team and sold.  Maybe I’m just a bit different but I think it was encouraging to see a player buzzing to join the club. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

A big difference from giving players 2, 3 even 4 years contacts for them to produce not a lot but a hefty contribution towards wages?

Yes indeed it is. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Morph said:

As i said I just don’t get how a player coming in saying he’s going to do well and score goals is a bad thing that gets you frozen out the team and sold.  Maybe I’m just a bit different but I think it was encouraging to see a player buzzing to join the club. 

Then the manager says he had to slap him down because he said he was going to come in and score loads of goals, can’t be having that. https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/michael-stewart-isnt-brave-intelligent-15730711

Edited by Pasquale for King

29 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Johnsen was:

”lazy”

”gutless”

”coward”

”disinterested”

?

Johnsen is scoring goals since he left us ?

Yeah, he did say that. No problem with it either though. It’s hardly likely they would do that if they weren’t motivated to try and do well. You would probably agree them, that Sean Clare not even showing anything like that sort of hubris, and being confident in himself was fine too? Because he seems to be an open goal for everyone in the Hearts support, just because he didn’t describe himself as lazy or shit.

1 minute ago, Pagey said:

Johnsen is scoring goals since he left us ?

Indeed. He would have scored a fair few for us too, if we hadn’t let the boy slip through our fingers for one reason or another.

Still, while he was here, he was apparently all the things I just listed. That’s what many Hearts supporters thought anyway.

?

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, he did say that. No problem with it either though. It’s hardly likely they would do that if they weren’t motivated to try and do well. You would probably agree them, that Sean Clare not even showing anything like that sort of hubris, and being confident in himself was fine too? Because he seems to be an open goal for everyone in the Hearts support, just because he didn’t describe himself as lazy or shit.

I’m not as big a hater of Clare as some other fans tbh.  I think he become very frustrating to watch towards the end of the season but think he did have a spell where he contributed well. 

He just needs to put himself about a bit more but hopefully players like Souttar will drill that into him.  He’s good on the ball and I like that he looks forward first.  Needs to prove himself next season, it’s disappointing that DV won’t get that chance as he seemed pretty highly though of by the club before joining.  Think we were even trying to push his transfer through rather than wait until January. 

8 minutes ago, Morph said:

Yea 'buzzing'  , all over Thailand .

Sure take a holiday but 5(?) weeks !

Player genuinely (real life not social media) buzzing would have been in Edinburgh training with his future teammates 

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Player genuinely (real life not social media) buzzing would have been in Edinburgh training with his future teammates 

:laugh: 

Pasquale for King
Just now, johnthomas said:

I think it was three weeks he was on holiday in Thailand, they have a long winter break and rightly or wrongly it would seem they enjoy themselves and then go back for a pre season before starting again in February.  He couldn’t train with us until his contract was finished with Teplice, I haven’t seen anyone from the club say that they gave him a fitness programme or told him to keep fit, he maybe expected a mini pre season when he got here. Levein did say he wanted him to come over in December and get a house sorted and his family settled. They must’ve seen he was out of shape and should’ve been worked harder before our game with Livingston. He looked shocked at how aggressive defenders are here, and what refs allow them to get away with (not the first foreign striker to think this). He really should’ve known this or been told so, Levein said he had spike to him about his he wanted him to play last summer.

He clearly didn’t react well to the hairdryer treatment.

We really could’ve done with another striking option from January onwards.

Time to move on though for both parties, mistakes were made on both sides and hopefully we will learn from it going forward.

18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Still, while he was here, he was apparently all the things I just listed. That’s what many staunch Hearts supporters thought anyway.

?

Ftfy

25 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed. He would have scored a fair few for us too, if we hadn’t let the boy slip through our fingers for one reason or another.

Still, while he was here, he was apparently all the things I just listed. That’s what many Hearts supporters thought anyway.

?

Our management had the lad stuck out on the wing most of the time.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Don't remember that. I remember him starting out wide and running at goal, but as a striker, and I remember him being played as a CF. 

26 minutes ago, Morph said:

I’m not as big a hater of Clare as some other fans tbh.  I think he become very frustrating to watch towards the end of the season but think he did have a spell where he contributed well. 

He just needs to put himself about a bit more but hopefully players like Souttar will drill that into him.  He’s good on the ball and I like that he looks forward first.  Needs to prove himself next season, it’s disappointing that DV won’t get that chance as he seemed pretty highly though of by the club before joining.  Think we were even trying to push his transfer through rather than wait until January. 

Yeah. Same as me basically.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Johnson was at his best when running the channels, running at defenders and squaring them up. 

Really good feet. 

He was murder with his back to goal though and playing on his own and/ or as a target man. 

Guess how Cathro played him?

We have a history of that with strikers tho. It's a bit shite. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Johnson was at his best when running the channels, running at defenders and squaring them up. 

Really good feet. 

He was murder with his back to goal though and playing on his own and/ or as a target man. 

How does he play in Holland though I imagine he is through the middle but instead of lumping it up to him they have wingers supplying him.As you say we never seem to make it anything but a hard shift for our CF at Hearts.

6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Really good feet. 

Sounds like how we play Uche. Almost like we had someone above Cathro who favoured that style of play..........??

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Sounds like how we play Uche. Almost like we had someone above Cathro who favoured that style of play..........??

Uche is also at his best when running at defenders but is more clumsy imo. 

He is, however better at holding the ball up than Johnson, I remember his first touch could be awful  especially when back to goal. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

How does he play in Holland though I imagine he is through the middle but instead of lumping it up to him they have wingers supplying him.As you say we never seem to make it anything but a hard shift for our CF at Hearts.

We do, the key is getting a striker and playing to his strengths or getting a striker that fits in with the teams style. 

Hard to judge Uche as he was injured and Naismith hardly played with him. 

He does commit defenders tho, clever players should be able to take advantage. 

17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Uche is good with his back to goal. He can take the ball in and hold off defenders (sometimes 3 of them at once) but is then forced to do the rest of the work himself as well. We don't have anyone around him who can make that killer run to receive the ball and finish it off. We have forwards and midfielders supporting him but none with those instincts. 

If we sign Naismith and he stays fit that all changes but we need another. Shankland would be a great signing I feel.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Been away all day and come home to digital world to my astonishment big Dave has choices. 

Bidding war

Where is the  free money emoticon 

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This is an unbelievable sign of progress JiH! Years of asking questions on JKB that could be easily answered by a very quick Google search, and then... POW!

❤️

Thanks and well done to JiH ??

Edited by The Future's Maroon

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

"15 bob and a bag of used balls"

"15 bob, a bag of used balls and some orange cones"

"Do I hear 15 bob, a bag of used balls, some orange cones and some yellow bibs?"