Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

Jambo 4 Ever
26 minutes ago, Coco said:

Levein said: “The guys we have up front just now all offer something different and David is different again. 

“He is a proper number nine, quick, powerful and he is a good finisher. 

“He would help us just now of course but it’s like buses, they will all come back at once.

“He has had a good start to the season and is fit.”

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/11/29/hearts-boss-craig-levein-admits-he-could-do-with-new-striker-being-available-now-amid-injury-woes/

ah fair enough - I didn't remember that.

don't think the player himself helped matters by boasting about how good he is on social media.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yeah......because it’s as easy as that. How many managers don’t have this attitude ?

How many managers don’t win things ?

You need so many things to go your way to win a trophy.....using this is as a stick to beat CL with is just plain dumb.

Don't really need to look hard for sticks to beat Levein with tbh, he's set in his ways and his ways contribute to terrible football and mediocrity.

The Internet
23 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

From this season alone you could also add Gauld, Spector and Johnson (on loan from Leicester) who have contributed virtually nothing.

And agyepong, hyndman, nelom, bigirimana, mavrias. That's just this season :lol: 

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

And agyepong, hyndman, nelom, bigirimana, mavrias. That's just this season :lol: 

For all their duds they still finished comfortably ahead of us though.

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Was any of them on long term contracts?  I always wondered what happened to Bigirimana! Never knew he went there. 

56 minutes ago, McCrae said:

CL has accepted his signing has been a dud and will not play him just because he signed him. All players must earn their place in the team. I think this is a sign of a good manager.

:laugh:

He’s no even had a chance to earn his place in the team, not making the bench and apparently not even making the reserves. 

This is nothing to do with ability or fitness, both parties just need to draw a line under it and move on.  Not going to sit here and slate a player who has had the grand total of about 120 minutes of football to prove himself. 

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It is a nightmare of his own making turning up so unfit. No club would find that acceptable ! 

See this is what I don’t understand - a 3 week holiday in Thailand doesn’t damage your fitness for life.  Your talking a fortnight max.  We either haven’t assessed his fitness correctly when signing him or we haven’t been able to get him fit subsequently.  The former is poor medical judgement.  The latter means we haven’t checked out the lads character properly or our man management skills have been lacking.  Whichever way you look at it, it’s been **** up by the club

9 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

ah fair enough - I didn't remember that.

don't think the player himself helped matters by boasting about how good he is on social media.

Any evidence of him boasting about his ability?

I looked a while ago and couldn’t see anything at all on any of his social media. 

Jambo, Goodbye
9 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I wouldn't go as far as calling a 3 point gap and less league wins than us "comfortable ". 

Had they suffered our level of 1st team injuries,  their squad would have comfortably finished bottom six. 

Vanecek has let down Heart of Midlothian,  to me that is difficult to forgive. 

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

4 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I wouldn't go as far as calling a 3 point gap and less league wins than us "comfortable ". 

Had they suffered our level of 1st team injuries,  their squad would have comfortably finished bottom six. 

Vanecek has let down Heart of Midlothian,  to me that is difficult to forgive. 

How has Vanecek let us down :lol: he didn't get a chance to do anything or turn it round after Levein hauled him off after half an hour against Dundee, our manager, DoF and scouting team have let us down, yet again.

14 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Comfortably?   :rofl: 

Is big V better or worse than either Megennis or Shankland. Fear for Wighton give the level of hate from prominent wind bags on here.

upgotheheads

Given that there are 3 or 4 clubs in Europe keen to sign him his ability doesn't seem to be an issue so  what has been his real problem with us? He's had enough time to get his fitness up to standard, maybe he's never lived abroad before  or doesn't speak English, these are things that should have been discoverable before we signed him. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

You don't think he bears responsibility for signing him in the first place and the money wasted? Not to mention the fact that in the January window we obviously had a major striker issue and bringing in Vanacek was supposed to resolve this. That fact that he was a disaster and we didn't bring anyone in fundamentally impacted the second half of the season.

I agree that CL is and should be held accountable for all of the players he signs.  All managers will sign players that don’t meet hopes/expectations. It’s how you deal with that that counts.

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Is big V better or worse than either Megennis or Shankland. Fear for Wighton give the level of hate from prominent wind bags on here.

And don’t “fear for Wighton” based on his footballing ability and failure to score goals as a forward? Yep let’s blame the fans until it’s accepted he’s shite and then sweep it under the big **** off “aye other teams sign shite players too” carpet. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

And don’t “fear for Wighton” based on his footballing ability and failure to score goals as a forward? Yep let’s blame the fans until it’s accepted he’s shite and then sweep it under the big **** off “aye other teams sign shite players too” carpet. 

Exactly FFS. Just pay your money and sit like a cardboard cutout and endure any old pish!! We were in admin 5 years ago ya ungrateful ****

17 minutes ago, Morph said:

:laugh:

He’s no even had a chance to earn his place in the team, not making the bench and apparently not even making the reserves. 

This is nothing to do with ability or fitness, both parties just need to draw a line under it and move on.  Not going to sit here and slate a player who has had the grand total of about 120 minutes of football to prove himself. 

I disagree.,, if a player is struggling on the pitch and in training why should they get picked to play.   I think his lack of game  time has everything to do with lack of fitness/ability.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I agree that CL is and should be held accountable for all of the players he signs.  All managers will sign players that don’t meet hopes/expectations. It’s how you deal with that that counts.

How do you think he should have handled the DV situation?

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

No interest in other teams mate(and who they sign), I think the boy showed something at Dundee in the same way Souttar did at United. I'd give him a fresh start next season in the squad not as a starter. Save your hate like me for Hibs and the Old Firm.

30 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I notice that Mavrias played for Greece in both their latest qualifying games. Strange he barely played for Hibs.

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

I notice that Mavrias played for Greece in both their latest qualifying games. Strange he barely played for Hibs.

Greece are shite

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Just as he has done.  

That would seem to be the case.  I cannot believe CL lauded this guy before he signed and now is willing to part with him if he hadn't tried first with the carrot, then the carrot and stick and finally just the stick.  One wonders if DV's personal circumstances have been a factor.  Interestingly, Martin has refused to denigrate the club or the manager despite his failure here and might have had more reason to bump his gums.

The starting point is Vanecek let himself and Hearts down massively in turning up mid-season unfit. I think that is probably the only thing that is certain. 

Everything since then appears to be speculation. I haven’t read any ITKers state anything compelling around fitness or demonstrable ability either way during reserve games. However, some are prepared to exonerate all future actions by Vanecek and blame Levein 100%. 

I believe there is a player in there but no idea if his application, language/bonding with the team or Levein’s plain stubbornness is to blame for him not being quoted. 

For this reason, I don’t see how Levein can take full blame for this as we just don’t know. 

It does help some people’s anti-Levein agenda to do so though. 

Anyone blaming Levein for this, can you discount Vanecek’s influence? 

22 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Wighton is shite just as he was at Dundee.Totally bizarre signing that we even paid a fee for.

23 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I disagree.,, if a player is struggling on the pitch and in training why should they get picked to play.   I think his lack of game  time has everything to do with lack of fitness/ability.

Then we’re very inconsistent with our approach to players. 

Mulraney was shite when he first arrived, given time and opportunities and now has kicked on and looks like on of our best players currently.   Edwards didn’t even get a game before being farmed out but was given opportunities and scored in the Scottish cup final.  Clare’s form has been all over the place but we’re persisting with him because that’s what you do, you give players a chance.  

Vanecek has had i think 2 run outs and that’s him being ****ed off?  I think you’re kidding yourself on if you think the issue lies with something simple as his fitness or ability.  He got essentially one chance when he arrived and that was him out on his arse.  No appreciation that he’s coming from another league, never played in Scotland, no time to actually gel with the team and see how he gets on.  

I’m not even defending vanecek because at this point I just want him to **** as he was never ever going to be in leveins plans after the way he was handled last season.  As I said not going to slate him because he’s on his way out, he might be pish, he might be good.  Who knows because he was never given the chance to prove what he’s all about. 

Levein talked him up before he arrived (ironically the same thing DV is being accused of doing on social media) and I was under the impression he was coming in to be the main man/Laffertys replacement but it’s not to be.  One thing I would say is we desperately need to improve our scouting because above anything this is an absolute howler of a signing from hearts.

Edited by Morph

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The Apprentice said:

From this season alone you could also add Gauld, Spector and Johnson (on loan from Leicester) who have contributed virtually nothing.

Those were all short terms loans or contracts, a bit like the signings in January 2018 when Cathro was Head coach.

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Wighton is shite just as he was at Dundee.Totally bizarre signing that we even paid a fee for.

Wighton was a terrible signing but again, given plenty chances to prove himself. 

Why is DV not afforded the same :laugh: 

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That would seem to be the case.  I cannot believe CL lauded this guy before he signed and now is willing to part with him if he hadn't tried first with the carrot, then the carrot and stick and finally just the stick.  One wonders if DV's personal circumstances have been a factor.  Interestingly, Martin has refused to denigrate the club or the manager despite his failure here and might have had more reason to bump his gums.

Difficult to know why Martin would complain about picking up a healthy wage for over 2 years for nothing! More than likely there will be a confidentiality clause in his pay off. 

I struggle to understand how you can question Vanacek's motivation in this situation, none of us know what has happened. Evidently though in the end he is thought to be not good enough and we have spunked six figures on a player who has contributed nothing. 

Edited by Jodami

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Was any of them on long term contracts?  I always wondered what happened to Bigirimana! Never knew he went there. 

All short term contracts 

Hampden Demolition
On 12/06/2019 at 08:51, Hampden Demolition said:

I have heard that 2 teams from the Czech Republic and a team from Greece have enquired about him. Dependant on what Hearts are looking for in transfer fee terms. From what I’ve heard, Vanacek doesn’t really have any real relationships with the rest of the players at hearts and doesn’t really speak to the backroom staff much.

I’ve heard that the Greek team is Atromitos. They had a striker on loan from PAOK last season who ended as the leagues top scorer and they are not sure if they will get him back. 

10 minutes ago, Morph said:

Then we’re very inconsistent with our approach to players. 

Mulraney was shite when he first arrived, given time and opportunities and now has kicked on and looks like on of our best players currently.   Edwards didn’t even get a game before being farmed out but was given opportunities and scored in the Scottish cup final.  Clare’s form has been all over the place but we’re persisting with him because that’s what you do, you give players a chance.  

Vanecek has had i think 2 run outs and that’s him being ****ed off?  I think you’re kidding yourself on if you think the issue lies with something simple as his fitness or ability.  He got essentially one chance when he arrived and that was him out on his arse.  No appreciation that he’s coming from another league, never played in Scotland, no time to actually gel with the team and see how he gets on.  

I’m not even defending vanecek because at this point I just want him to **** as he was never ever going to be in leveins plans after the way he was handled last season.  As I said not going to slate him because he’s on his way out, he might be pish, he might be good.  Who knows because he was never given the chance to prove what he’s all about. 

Levein talked him up before he arrived (ironically the same thing DV is being accused of doing on social media) and I was under the impression he was coming in to be the main man/Laffertys replacement but it’s not to be.  One thing I would say is we desperately need to improve our scouting because above anything this is an absolute howler of a signing from hearts.

If DV had a bad attitude that could account for the difference in treatment.  

7 minutes ago, Morph said:

Wighton was a terrible signing but again, given plenty chances to prove himself. 

Why is DV not afforded the same :laugh: 

It's crazy we have basically paid him a third of his contract so far for sight seeing and sitting in his flat watches Hearts games on matchdays.

Whatever way you look at it it's shocking judgement.

4 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I’ve heard that the Greek team is Atromitos. They had a striker on loan from PAOK last season who ended as the leagues top scorer and they are not sure if they will get him back. 

Crazy so three teams looking at him but we never even gave the guy a chance.

We_are_the_Hearts

As usual it's Leveins lack of flexibility in man-management. His way or the highway. Once that threshold has been crossed then there is no going back due to his stubborness.

5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

If DV had a bad attitude that could account for the difference in treatment.  

Maybe this is where we’ll disagree but if he does now have a bad attitude I would just ask what do we expect when the manager has went through him publicly before even having a run of games.  I find it hard to believe he turned up with that attitude though because all his social media leading up to him signing was just about buzzing to play for hearts.  

We dont know the full details and doubt we ever will so he’ll probably just go down as one of they bizarre signings that pop up in conversation a few years down the line. 

Hampden Demolition
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Crazy so three teams looking at him but we never even gave the guy a chance.

Exactly. He must have something if he was scoring goals in a league rated higher than ours. I see Banderson confirmed that the two Czech teams are Teplice and Sigma Olomouc.

The Apprentice
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Those were all short terms loans or contracts, a bit like the signings in January 2018 when Cathro was Head coach.

Agreed. I think the point is that it's clearly not just ourselves who make duff signings. Granted the difference seems to be ours are on longer term contracts than 6 month deals.

4 minutes ago, Morph said:

Maybe this is where we’ll disagree but if he does now have a bad attitude I would just ask what do we expect when the manager has went through him publicly before even having a run of games.  I find it hard to believe he turned up with that attitude though because all his social media leading up to him signing was just about buzzing to play for hearts.  

We dont know the full details and doubt we ever will so he’ll probably just go down as one of they bizarre signings that pop up in conversation a few years down the line. 

Why would CL want a player he signed fail? I think he would be desperate for him to succeed and he would have given him more playing time if it could be justified.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Will be in the Czech team going to the Euro's probably, when he returns home.

A mess from day one. Another win for Wyscout.

No danger, he's murder, you could tell by the way he wears his kit ffs, like  Sunday league player.

Rocky jamboa

It will be interesting to hear Vanecek's side of events, if/when he leaves.

There must have undoubtedly been a major arguement or falling out with Levein, for him to have been completely frozen out then let go within a few months of joining. 

Just now, Barack said:

Looked rather smart playing for Teplice...

Aye, on YouTube.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Vanecek joins a long list of shite strikers that we've signed in the past decade. Sigh.

Is John Murray still in a job?

2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Aye, on YouTube.

Why we signing players off video clips then?

Genuine question do we have people who go and watch players like vanecek when we’ve identified an interest from wyscout?  Obviously easier to nip down the road and watch players in England but do we have a scout who will go watch players in Europe?

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Vanecek joins a long list of shite strikers that we've signed in the past decade. Sigh.

Is John Murray still in a job?

He is I really thought he would be gone when the new regime came in but alas the ****er is like cockroach just can't get rid of him.