Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

All roads lead to Gorgie
26 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Screenshot_20190613-102959_Samsung Internet.jpg

It is a nightmare of his own making turning up so unfit. No club would find that acceptable ! 

Leveins Battalion
15 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Who was told by Neil McCann.

Who got a text from Jordan Rhodes.

The Internet
38 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Wanted by several European clubs but not by Craig levein. 

I still don’t believe the fitness story. 

Did you not see him when he played? 

Inch Hearts
19 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It is a nightmare of his own making turning up so unfit. No club would find that acceptable ! 

The clubs linked with him clearly don’t see it as much of an issue - if there was so much of an issue. 

9 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Did you not see him when he played? 

This.His shorts were too big for Kris Boyd ffs.

FarmerTweedy
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

£1M or GTF.

I was just about to say we should get a cracking transfer fee if there's a lot of clubs after him. Let the auction commence!

He will always be known to me as that striker who couldn't get a game ahead of Craig Wighton.

Must feel like getting beaten in an eating contest by someone with anorexia 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He will always be known to me as that striker who couldn't get a game ahead of Craig Wighton.

?

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Wanted by several European clubs but not by Craig levein. 

I still don’t believe the fitness story. 

He has been honking when he has played. Why should CL want him?

joondalupjambo
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He did though :thumbsup:

He started ahead of him at Dundee away in March and we won 1-0, don't ask how he played though I am still having nightmares about how I tried to keep warm that day!!

Wighton came on in his place mid way through second half.

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You could say the same about Wighton.  At least Vanacek has been decent at other clubs

Edited by Inch Hearts

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

To be fair, he was never good enough to be here in the first place so it's the pish recruitment we have that's to blame here.

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sooner he pisses off the better.

But enough about Levein...

alwaysthereinspirit
28 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Guaranteed to leave and score 20+ goals next season.

He just may but from what we saw from him (not much granted) you'd have to doubt it.

The usual Hearts way is to get him out the door asap and be glad that we have freed up a wage.

But I'd like to think that someone will be asking questions of the manager here.

If other clubs are desperate to sign him, why are you so keen to get rid of him?

And if several clubs want him, why not play hard ball until a decent offer comes in?  We are in no particular rush to sell.

If he's leaving, it's a chance to recoup some of the money we have wasted on poor recruitment.

But my preference is that he stays, gets a proper pre-season and is given a chance to prove himself, and we discover we actually have a decent player.

alwaysthereinspirit
30 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I was just about to say we should get a cracking transfer fee if there's a lot of clubs after him. Let the auction commence!

"15 bob and a bag of used balls"

"15 bob, a bag of used balls and some orange cones"

William H. Bonney
27 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He’s not played enough games to be considered honking. 

There must be more to this than ‘fitness’, there must be an issue(s) that’s not been reported, perhaps behavioural or lifestyle / recreational concerns ...... certainly something that’s made him an outcast ..... I’m sure it will come out one day in the future ...

Whatever it is well done to Craig Levein & team for dealing with it so decisively!

34 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I dunno, maybe because he scouted him, talked him up, considered paying a fee to get him early. Or just to prove that he hadn't wasted six figures on another dud. 

42 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sooner he pisses off the better.

What colour is the fence you're sitting on?  :wink: 

21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

But enough about Levein...

Ba booom tish!

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

I dunno, maybe because he scouted him, talked him up, considered paying a fee to get him early. Or just to prove that he hadn't wasted six figures on another dud. 

One thing is for certain - there is no-one involved in this debacle coming out of it with any credit. 

On that basis alone, questions should be being asked in the Board Room. 

Just now, Jodami said:

CL has accepted his signing has been a dud and will not play him just because he signed him. All players must earn their place in the team. I think this is a sign of a good manager.

23 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

The usual Hearts way is to get him out the door asap and be glad that we have freed up a wage.

But I'd like to think that someone will be asking questions of the manager here.

If other clubs are desperate to sign him, why are you so keen to get rid of him?

And if several clubs want him, why not play hard ball until a decent offer comes in?  We are in no particular rush to sell.

If he's leaving, it's a chance to recoup some of the money we have wasted on poor recruitment.

But my preference is that he stays, gets a proper pre-season and is given a chance to prove himself, and we discover we actually have a decent player.

i think questions need to be asked “to the manager” rather than “of the manager” at this stage.

We don’t know why it’s gone so wrong and it’s easy to blame CL here without knowing all the facts.

Most managers get sold on a wrong one....

Souness with Aly Dia, SAF with Bebe.....when you get into it there are dozens and dozens.

Thankfully this signing won’t have cost a tiny teeny percent of some others I could list.

Edited by DH1986

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

CL has accepted his signing has been a dud and will not play him just because he signed him. All players must earn their place in the team. I think this is a sign of a good manager.

Wish he'd ship Wighton out as well that would be agreeable to most

5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You don't think he bears responsibility for signing him in the first place and the money wasted? Not to mention the fact that in the January window we obviously had a major striker issue and bringing in Vanacek was supposed to resolve this. That fact that he was a disaster and we didn't bring anyone in fundamentally impacted the second half of the season.

12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Do ye aye?

Jambo 4 Ever
18 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The player himself talked himself up - I don't remember Craig doing that

10 minutes ago, gedster said:

Wish he'd ship Wighton out as well that would be agreeable to most

Not even his mum thinks he is good

OmiyaHearts

The director of football should be having serious words with the manager about this signing (and Wighton).

We will find out which club he is wanting to go to as he will post pics of him and his kid in their strip and post it on instachat and all that pish.

7 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Levein said: “The guys we have up front just now all offer something different and David is different again. 

“He is a proper number nine, quick, powerful and he is a good finisher. 

“He would help us just now of course but it’s like buses, they will all come back at once.

“He has had a good start to the season and is fit.”

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/11/29/hearts-boss-craig-levein-admits-he-could-do-with-new-striker-being-available-now-amid-injury-woes/

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

"Levein makes another horror signing"

Seriously worried about our scouting network and recruitment policy now.

It can no longer be defended, and yes some people actually still defend this.

The Apprentice
14 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Hibs have their fair share of disastrous signings in the past few years who will have cost them a pretty penny in wages:

Chris Humphrey - 6 appearances after signing from Preston

Neil Eardley- 2 appearances after signing from Birmingham

Gael Bigirimama - 1 appearance after signing from Motherwell

Brian McLean - 2 appearances after signing from Malaysian Premier League team

Not to mention all the disastrous loans they’ve brought in like Feruz, Rherras, Anier and Hyndman. 

From this season alone you could also add Gauld, Spector and Johnson (on loan from Leicester) who have contributed virtually nothing.

This 'make them or break them' stuff that Levein seems to do with certain players by going right through them early on. I'm not sure I particularly like it, especially in this day and age when there's more focus on mental health and the like. In my working career when I've made the odd mistake, I've sure as hell felt better (and produced better results thereafter) when I've been spoken to in a constructive way and supported versus the hairdryer treatment. It's very easy to get down over this sort of thing. Granted everyone is different but I still think Levein needs a rethink on some of this.

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

This 'make them or break them' stuff that Levein seems to do with certain players by going right through them early on. I'm not sure I particularly like it, especially in this day and age when there's more focus on mental health and the like. In my working career when I've made the odd mistake, I've sure as hell felt better (and produced better results thereafter) when I've been spoken to in a constructive way and supported versus the hairdryer treatment. It's very easy to get down over this sort of thing. Granted everyone is different but I still think Levein needs a rethink on some of this.

It's his way or nothing, probably why he's never won anything in his career.

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

?

22 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

What did Vanecek say?

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

It's his way or nothing, probably why he's never won anything in his career.

Yeah......because it’s as easy as that. How many managers don’t have this attitude ?

How many managers don’t win things ?

You need so many things to go your way to win a trophy.....using this is as a stick to beat CL with is just plain dumb.