Taxi drivers outing

Crete

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Crete said:

It was great that the weather stayed dry for the annual kids day out at the beach,well done to all involved. 

?

How many years has his been carried out?

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Girl in the pink top is my sister in law. Wee laddie beside her is her son and her daughter is in the wheelchair but her face is obscured.

This is her last taxi outing as off to high school after the summer:(

Well done as always to all involved.

Edited by iantjambo

Shanks said no

Well done once again cabbies, saw you passing at Haymarket and as ever it brought a smile to my dour coupon. 

Colin the Jambo at Tesco's Haymarket Terrace was far too an easy target for the water pistols, you could hardly miss him.

???

9 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

What a twat

This guy is all over social media.

Utter welt!

Moaning cos these evil kids got him a wee bit wet!

Tit!

William H. Bonney

The police officer should have pepper sprayed the stupid *****. I doubt anyone would have complained. 

1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

What a twat

The guy should have been arrested there and then. Shameful behaviour. ???

well done to the kids who soaked the man with the water skoosher?.

What is wrong with people when they can’t take a bit of fun ,wasn’t he young once.

13 minutes ago, Crete said:

well done to the kids who soaked the man with the water skoosher?.

What is wrong with people when they can’t take a bit of fun ,wasn’t he young once.

Tbf I'd be pretty peeved if I was just going about my day and someone soaked me with a water gun ??

3fingersreid
34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And in no way would the driver of the taxi been pointing out the private hire cab as a target ?

Aside from being a prick , his bigger problem will be explaining his actions to the cab office whilst not wearing the appropriate clothing as per his licensing terms and conditions ??

been here before
21 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Aside from being a prick , his bigger problem will be explaining his actions to the cab office whilst not wearing the appropriate clothing as per his licensing terms and conditions ??

That and his arsehole hanging out his jeans.

3 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

What a twat

To be fair, it can't have been very nice for him to feel the water run down his exposed sheugh.

Well done Edinburgh cabbies.  I went on a few taxi outings with my daughter, the first about 20 years ago, and I think I had more fun than the kids, soaking anybody we passed, especially the police.  Not one person acted like that utter arsehole. 

I guess like everything else it has changed over time, I seem to recall it was a trip to Gullane or something in the early days. They certainly go all  out now, and good for them, have in years gone by had my good days and bad days with cab drivers, but this has always been a day where that was put aside and was an excellent and I am sure still is effort by the taxi people.

42 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I guess like everything else it has changed over time, I seem to recall it was a trip to Gullane or something in the early days. They certainly go all  out now, and good for them, have in years gone by had my good days and bad days with cab drivers, but this has always been a day where that was put aside and was an excellent and I am sure still is effort by the taxi people.

Still going Through Gullane to Yellowcraigs at Dirleton.   Its good that this tradition continues and I hope it keeps going on.  

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

Still going Through Gullane to Yellowcraigs at Dirleton.   Its good that this tradition continues and I hope it keeps going on.  

Bloody hell! Proof cabbies will always take the long way round.:pimp2:

Well done to all the drivers and volunteers the private hire driver was probably making the soaking with the water an excuse as it’s no secret they dislike the more professional Edinburgh taxi drivers 

gashauskis9

Love the Taxi outing.  My Dad had his own successful taxi business for 30 years before he passed away and he lived for stuff like this.  Outside of Xmas, this was always his favourite day of the year, he loved it.

4 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Well done to all the drivers and volunteers the private hire driver was probably making the soaking with the water an excuse as it’s no secret they dislike the more professional Edinburgh taxi drivers 

???

Some of those guys are just as bad as the private hires. 

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

???

Some of those guys are just as bad as the private hires. 

I personally love their kamakazi u turns with zero indication

John Findlay

I was one of the kids who had the great fortune to be in one of these tax is way back in 1975. Was a marvellous day out.

Thank you cabbies. Long may it continue for years to come.

Haven't these kids suffered enough, having to listen to taxi drivers' drivel all the way to East Lothian and back?!

(seriously though, well played to all that participated, I'm sure it was a great day out).

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

I kind of pray one gives me a dunt  whe  they do that so I can get a few weeks off work ?

Its brilliant when they get blocked in a bus stop like at Waverly and go tits cause they cant move.

4 hours ago, TheStig said:

It's like being on a waltzer 

19 minutes ago, Crete said:

Indeed. Remember once travelling (backwards) in one going down Dundas Street while on Ket, felt like I was being dragged to the pits of hell.

Fortunately just ended up at a party in Inverleith...

been here before
1 hour ago, Crete said:

Scccccrrreeaaaam if you wanna go fastahhhh....

4 hours ago, Herbert said:

I kind of pray one gives me a dunt  whe  they do that so I can get a few weeks off work ?

Its brilliant when they get blocked in a bus stop like at Waverly and go tits cause they cant move.

Glad im not the only one that thinks like that. Small things like that is what gets me through the day ?