**Official Belgium v Scotland thread ***

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Not much build up to this. 

Tanking on the cards? 

Will Souttar play? 

This game could get nasty if we concede early, hopefully give them a fright or two but can't see beyond a home win. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colinmaroon

• The Internet

• letsalldothebeattie

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Future's Maroon

Can’t see us getting anything but with Scotland they are more likely to get something from a game like this and toil against teams like....Cyprus

letsalldothebeattie

Think we will get hammered. I’d take a narrow defeat if we can frustrate them and limit the opportunities in front of goal. It would be typical Scotland to go their and get a result. 

Can see a few changes ahead of tonight. Doubt Brophy will play need more presence up from Burke most likely. Think McTominay will come in preferably for McGinn. Doubt and don’t want Souttar anywhere near this game

We are exactly the sort of team that will go out and comfortably beat Belgium completely against the run of play, then lose at home to San Marino...!

I have a feeling we might be on the arse end of a doing tonight.  3 or 4 goals minimum.

been here before

My interest in the national team these days has waned so much I didnt even know they were playing Belgium. What is it, a friendly or trying to qualify for something? When is the game being played? 

John Beaton refereeing the Azerbaijan v Slovakia game kicking off now

One team is in blue... I wonder who he might favour ?

Draw would be a great result, if we are to lose I hope we don't gift them goals, so many times we just gift teams goals unlike Ireland for example who are a terrible football team but they can be solid and get results against superior opposition.

Got a Scotland win written all over it, a bit of positivity, renewed hope before the inevitable kick in the baws. 

2-1 to Scotland.

Brighton Jambo

Need a freak result somewhere to offset the Kazakhstan result, end of a long season this might be one of the better chances

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I wouldn't put money on us against Belgium with Pep as manager, Mourinho as Assistant, & Lockey handing out the bibs.

Never mind Clarke.

If Clarkinho the Gifted doesnt lead us into a glorious win this fine evening then I'm glad he's nowhere near the Tynecastle hot seat that's for sure.

Wull win.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

A glorious boabying.

6-2.

Funny enough, that was my chat up line back in the day. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Got a Scotland win written all over it, a bit of positivity, renewed hope before the inevitable kick in the baws. 

2-1 to Scotland.

**** me. 

How many disco biscuits you had for lunch? 

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

**** me. 

How many disco biscuits you had for lunch? 

Ffs, its Clarkinho the Gifted we've got now, scintillating attacking pressing fast flair Football, we're gonna win, I'm telling you man.

5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Ffs, its Clarkinho the Gifted we've got now, scintillating attacking pressing fast flair Football, we're gonna win, I'm telling you man.

Quality banter...top drawer stuff

Edit...it isn’t, it’s pish banter, seriously pish.

Edited by Deviskan

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Forgot about that. 

Press = we win. 

What if Belgium press us tho ??

16 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Awesome patter!

Plucky defeat tonight.

Edited by iantjambo

We are likely to get beat, but I'd like to see us at least make them work for it.  That'd give me some confidence Clarke was getting through and that we can maybe get something in Russia.  We'd have been hammered under McLeish.

The Internet

We will beat San marino something like 4-0, struggle to a narrow win over Cyprus and then put in a good effort but lose in Belgium. We will go unbeaten against Russia, probably win at home and draw away and everyone will be like 'McLeish is onto something here'. credible narrow defeat at home to Belgium in the middle of it all and then we'll lose away to Cyprus and draw with Kazakhstan. Repeat for the next campaign  

Posted that after the kazakhstan game, nothing much has changed for me, just swap the managers names. 

I expect scotland to win this game.

Then miss out on qualification because we went on to draw with San Marino at home.

In days gone bye you’d say typical Scotland we’ll get a result. Not now, Belgium almost play a different sport to us! They’ll win comfortably, the score might not be embarrassing but they won’t need to get out of second gear to win 2 or 3 nil.

1 minute ago, Cygnet said:

6-0 Belgium. Not a reflection on Clarke but how poor the team is just now. 

Yet it's a team with a good number of English premiership players in it and a champions League winner as Captain, we should be able to at least compete against the best and not be humiliated.

I really think we lack one player who can do something out of nothing, a McFadden type.

Just now, Barack said:

Don Hutchinson on 5Live, saying there're rumours Robertson has picked up a knock, & is doubtful.

Typical!

Captain Sausage

Not a chance we are within 3 come full time. 

Sod’s law that we lose Robertson to injury while Tierney is also our injured.

Although performing with a poor team is something Clarke has gained a reputation for at Kilmarnock, hopefully see some of that on show today. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

I dont even know who Greg Taylor is. 

Ignorance on my part I'm sure but I've never heard of him. 

Only played 100+ times for Kilmarnock.

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don Hutchinson on 5Live, saying there're rumours Robertson has picked up a knock, & is doubtful.

Oh ffs

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

2-1 to Scotland.

This

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kila said:

John Beaton refereeing the Azerbaijan v Slovakia game kicking off now

One team is in blue... I wonder who he might favour ?

5 1

But not for the blues. 

Slovakia have been very impressive 

SuperstarSteve

Souttar I very much doubt will be in Clarke’s plans for being a regular starting 11 player. 

Purely guesswork but mulgrew, Cooper and McKenna will be ahead of him regularly. 

Forrest is shite for Scotland so deserved to be dropped. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Got to admire Clarke. I don't think he will last long though if he sticks to his pals

2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Can’t see us getting anything but with Scotland they are more likely to get something from a game like this and toil against teams like....Cyprus

Yeah that's the Scotland way.