Has the directors box been moved...?

Section Q

Anne was getting her hair wet when it rained so made sense to move back a few rows......?...!

Edited by Section Q

The non used stairs at the back of the stand were frustrating when they could have been used to allow quicker exit. How many sets of stairs are there at the back, 2? Frustrating if one set is reserved for the TV studio folk when used and the other for a couple of dozen in the directors box

19 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

please to god, we never them.

Wheatfield tunnel is temporary, probably not used again soon.

Big screens are more often than not, fitted when new stands/stadiums especially in this day and age, are constructed and are part of the design infrastructure. It's no big deal but it dates the stadium already. Yes, the Wheatfield tunnel is temporary but, into the new stands third season, I thought it'd be for the first season only to get the stadium up and running.

19 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The delay to finishing the dressing room had sod all to do with poor design - it was purely financial.

As for corporate glass boxes - I hate them!

Fair enough, I don't do corporate anyway but I know a few people that do. It was them that mentioned it, I couldn't give a monkeys whether there are any or not.

16 hours ago, 1953 said:

Why do we need scoreboards, even when we won 10-0 I managed to keep count.

So does everyone else but again like the first reply regarding big screens..it's the modern thing to do. I sit where there have been a fair amount of foreign fans turning up in category B games (McLeod St stand) these last couple of years and quite a few have asked around us, "who is number...(whatever)" and "what number is...so & so"  Kids, as new fans have as well. If there were screens with the team list up on it they would see for themselves. Like the second reply...doesn't bother me, it's not a complaint but more of an observation.

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Big screens are more often than not, fitted when new stands/stadiums especially in this day and age, are constructed and are part of the design infrastructure. It's no big deal but it dates the stadium already. Yes, the Wheatfield tunnel is temporary but, into the new stands third season, I thought it'd be for the first season only to get the stadium up and running.

Fair enough, I don't do corporate anyway but I know a few people that do. It was them that mentioned it, I couldn't give a monkeys whether there are any or not.

So does everyone else but again like the first reply regarding big screens..it's the modern thing to do. I sit where there have been a fair amount of foreign fans turning up in category B games (McLeod St stand) these last couple of years and quite a few have asked around us, "who is number...(whatever)" and "what number is...so & so"  Kids, as new fans have as well. If there were screens with the team list up on it they would see for themselves. Like the second reply...doesn't bother me, it's not a complaint but more of an observation.

They could buy a programme. ?

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Except I don’t think you can do that once in the ground?  If that is the case seems rather odd.

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

The non used stairs at the back of the stand were frustrating when they could have been used to allow quicker exit. How many sets of stairs are there at the back, 2? Frustrating if one set is reserved for the TV studio folk when used and the other for a couple of dozen in the directors box

The non use of doors to date has been due to the second floor not having a safety certificate til January this year. Some debate around flow of fans since then (direct from Ann). Will be fully operational from new season but TV box stolen one exit and probably some restrictions for directors so not that confident about much improvement exiting. Hopefully this season we will be in Les of a rush!  

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, Sid said:

The non use of doors to date has been due to the second floor not having a safety certificate til January this year. Some debate around flow of fans since then (direct from Ann). Will be fully operational from new season but TV box stolen one exit and probably some restrictions for directors so not that confident about much improvement exiting. Hopefully this season we will be in Les of a rush!  

The exiting issue in the new stand isn’t much worse than the Wheatfield to be honest. ?

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Devorgilla said:

Except I don’t think you can do that once in the ground?  If that is the case seems rather odd.

Never understood why you can't buy a programme in the ground.

Also in the old stand the team sheet used to be posted on the concourse. Does that still happen in the new stand - not noticed it? And the other stands?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The exiting issue in the new stand isn’t much worse than the Wheatfield to be honest. ?

Agreed Dave. It's a shame they couldn't look at using the exit at the corner of wheatfield and school end. Probably won't as it might damage the grass pitch behind wheatfield stand.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I Remember the days when you had to buy a programme to get the half time scores Dave?

25 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I Remember the days when you had to buy a programme to get the half time scores Dave?

Now this post is going to cause a bit of head scratching for the younger Hearts Fan.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly!

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

But not for much longer. Heard clubs' are doing away with them soon as they don't sell as well as they used to years ago.

3 hours ago, Devorgilla said:

I remember the Planet Hearts paper from the mid-2000s. Had to get them from newsagents, would've been a much more successful publication if they had been sold in the ground as well. You'd expect a few thousand to've been sold on matchday. Another money-making opportunity squandered.

This last thing I will ever want to do on this thread is be negative but I am another who is disappointed that big screens weren't a feature of the initial design.

I'd have been happy if AB had said to supporters, if you want big screens, fundraise £1m for them.  I'd have chipped in £100 straight off.  Isnt it possible to get a sponsor for them?

Not a big issue, just a wee disappointment.

Ricardo Shillyshally
32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This last thing I will ever want to do on this thread is be negative but I am another who is disappointed that big screens weren't a feature of the initial design.

I'd have been happy if AB had said to supporters, if you want big screens, fundraise £1m for them.  I'd have chipped in £100 straight off.  Isnt it possible to get a sponsor for them?

Not a big issue, just a wee disappointment.

You canny even buy a portable telly for £100. 

On 10/06/2019 at 19:04, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Says that's happened in the past, not that it's the reason for moving them tbf.

Which makes the mention of it completely irrelevant and agenda-driven.

Bridge of Djoum
On 10/06/2019 at 14:39, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sensational news...........

It's a pity Thomaso no longer posts/is banned. 

He was always good for a new stand post.

:whistling:

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It's a pity Thomaso no longer posts/is banned. 

He was always good for a new stand post.

:whistling:

Thomaso was never banned.......only annoying confrontational idiots get banned.....better watch yourself lad. ?