Bank Holiday Friday 2020

Jeff

To celebrate victory in Europe 75 years ago to the day, the usual bank holiday Monday has been moved to the Friday out of respect to the hundreds of thousands of UK and allied forces who gave their lives for our freedom.

But this nobodies wedding has been spoilt so maybe we should move it back... unbelievable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48575410?fbclid=IwAR1hU48g-BvIBv3LG3KOEXsYdQ8oOwf0RxXIG2JtRgZ3n_G1NTYuom1Iqk0

If the allied soldiers back then could've looked ahead in time and seen that winning the war would result in this horrendous wedding tragedy then they may have just waved the white flags and accepted defeat

Edited by Jeff

They've got a right to be pissed off. The Mayday holiday has nothing to do with VE day.

The government should be creating a one off holiday for this if they really want to show respect for it.

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

They've got a right to be pissed off. The Mayday holiday has nothing to do with VE day.

The government should be creating a one off holiday for this if they really want to show respect for it.

Yip. But they won't pay for it. 

I wonder if the snooker WC is being moved, anaw.

Edited by ri Alban

The Internet

Why does that get a BBC article? Just chucking that couple to the wolves of social media. Not like they're calling for it to be moved back ffs. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Yip. But they won't pay for it. 

I wonder if the snooker WC is being moved, anaw.

Xmas Day is being moved so Sky TV can cover it live.?

5 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Well said.

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, Jeff said:

To celebrate victory in Europe 75 years ago to the day, the usual bank holiday Monday has been moved to the Friday out of respect to the hundreds of thousands of UK and allied forces who gave their lives for our freedom.

But this nobodies wedding has been spoilt so maybe we should move it back... unbelievable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48575410?fbclid=IwAR1hU48g-BvIBv3LG3KOEXsYdQ8oOwf0RxXIG2JtRgZ3n_G1NTYuom1Iqk0

If the allied soldiers back then could've looked ahead in time and seen that winning the war would result in this horrendous wedding tragedy then they may have just waved the white flags and accepted defeat

Moving the holiday is an insult to the occasion.

These things usually even themselves out over the course of a wedding season. Other couples will be punching the air and doing backflips.

Edited by Lemongrab
s

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

These things usually even themselves out over the course of a wedding season. Other couples will be punching the air and doing backflips.

Once the honeymoon is over:arghh:

Have to say I have some sympathy for them. If the Government were going to do this then they should have announced it well before they did.

I'm sorry but if 80% of your guests are unwilling to either work the day after your wedding or to take the day off on holiday then why the hell would you be inviting them in the first place?

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Have to say I have some sympathy for them. If the Government were going to do this then they should have announced it well before they did.

The government are being cheapskates.

What a surprise. 

10 hours ago, IronJambo said:

:spoton:

35 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'm sorry but if 80% of your guests are unwilling to either work the day after your wedding or to take the day off on holiday then why the hell would you be inviting them in the first place?

Teachers can’t just take holidays when they want. 

Not sure they can go into work half cut either, unless they are woodwork teachers.

Could be that the wedding venue requires an overnight stay as evening travel home would be out of the question. 

Салатные палочки

"Mr Aherne, a teacher and part-time DJ, and PR professional"

"Most of our family are teachers or in the entertainment business"

They are just the worst people

AlphonseCapone
7 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Why does that get a BBC article? Just chucking that couple to the wolves of social media. Not like they're calling for it to be moved back ffs. 

They done the interview. I've no idea why they thought that was a wise thing to do given it's just likely to result in abuse for them. If it was me, I'd be a bit gutted but I wouldn't be speaking to the BBC about it.