Esmael Goncalves

Chaps

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Not posting to cast doubt, just curious, how long before he left Peebo? It's not a criticism, just a frustration that it wasn't dealt with

Was a game when I was in the new stand. Which means November or December 2017. He left January 2018. I distinctly remember it because the guy in front of me was absolutely raging about it, and went to report the abuser (presumably a steward or policeman). 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• Beast Boy

• Peebo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Peebo said:

Was a game when I was in the new stand. Which means November or December 2017. He left January 2018. I distinctly remember it because the guy in front of me was absolutely raging about it, and went to report the abuser (presumably a steward or policeman). 

Perhaps tolerated it once or twice then, without action. Seem to remember a goal he scored, Dundee perhaps, he did the finger to the mouth, be quiet sign. Shit like this really grinds my gears, just no need at all.

Education is fairly moving forwards in schools though, sometimes it seems excessive then reading this reinforces exactly why. There will be plenty silently thinking the same too, but I suppose thankfully don't have the stones to shout it aloud.

airdriejambo3

he wasnt coached under Levein maybe Levein's style could work, would be worth a trail at least to see where he is , remember he was playing in a Hearts Team in name only.

Enzo Chiefo
51 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wasn't just his brother/family & wife though. Other people in the stands reached out to him via social media, to tell him they'd heard it.

As for social media, he was subjected to worse abuse online on his Instagram around that period and afterwards.

Levein also asked the players if they'd heard anything untoward regarding racist abuse. He admitted it may not have been an isolated incident after checking with other players.

One of Isma's main accusations that his wife heard, was being called a "****ing black." The argument that because the directors or the press never heard this racist abuse directed at Isma, it never occurred, is whataboutery in the extreme. 

A person seated how many seats away... is meant to pick out an individual shout or chant, amongst crowd noise? Do racists only choose to spout their shite when it's quiet in the stadium? Do they want full exposure for their witty racist abuse, or arrested?

Would the guy who shouted "****ing coon" at Bartley at the Hibs game, been done if it wasn't for his ****ing stupidity of recording himself? No. As I doubt those within earshot didn't hear it, yet it seems like none were rushing to kick **** out of him, or have the authorities remove him from the stadium then & there.

Enzo, I hope if you have a child, and God forbid they get sexually assaulted, you never apply your logic to that, in the same manner in which you do of alleged racism going on. Despite facts and testimony of Hearts fans on here.

"Were there witnesses around to see them being sexually assaulted? Well, not sure if I believe my own child then. Sorry."

Hearts fans, racially abused Isma. It's been heard. That's neither here nor there, whether Mrs. Goncalves' version has been verified or not. Once is enough, & to try & slander her reputation, when everyone knows there're a minority of scumbags...(a minority being too many. It's not just a Hearts problem, we all know that) is frankly reprehensible.

Barack, firstly ir's a strange comparison to make between believing your own child and the wife of a random footballer , passing through our club. I don't get your logic there. 

Yes, I accept that several posters have heard racist shouts directed at Goncalves and, probably, orher black players over the years. Of course it's not acceptable but will we ever stop isolated incidents happening? I doubt it. My problem is that Goncalves used an interview in the press, after he had left the club, to highlight this. To suggeat his family had to stop coming to the games because of the level of abuse, insinuates that the club has a serious problem with racism and I simply don't believe it to be true. Had it been an ongoing problem,  other families, fans, etc would have been well aware of it and the perpetrators identified. The guy in front of me in the Old Stand used to regularly get involved in  arguments with other fans because of his foul mouthed rants, just swearing, no racist element. The cops also pitched up one week over his rant at Celtic fans in the away end.

It's all very well believing allegations to be true without investigation but as we saw last year, a couple of guys were wrongly accused and banned on the say so of a club official of Motherwell,  iirc. The abuse allegations against establishment figures at Westminster , such as Edward Heath and Leon Brittain were also proved to be a malicious pack of lies, resulting in the latter going to his grave without having his name cleared. So we do need to keep a perspective on all this where accusations are investigated in the nornal way and punishment meted out where appropriate. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The abuse allegations against establishment figures at Westminster , such as Edward Heath and Leon Brittain were also proved to be a malicious pack of lies

I don't recall the allegations against Heath being proven to be lies.

NaturalOrder74

Isma will always be remembered as a hearts great for his fantastic goal at Celtic park to bring us back from 3-0 down to only 3-1 down, can’t think of much else he produced in this time with us 

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don't recall the allegations against Heath being proven to be lies.

Well the guy who made them is currently serving a stretch for making the false allegations against Heath, General Gannat and Leon Brittain. He has also been found guilty of abuse himself.

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well the guy who made them is currently serving a stretch for making the false allegations against Heath, General Gannat and Leon Brittain. He has also been found guilty of abuse himself.

Okay. So when were all the allegations against Heath proven to be lies, though?

2 hours ago, AW1 said:

Had one behind me at the final against Celtic. Shouting racial abuse about Eduoard, I turned round and questioned the Chap who clearly had way too much to drink . Don't care if Eduoard is a Celtic player racism is racism and I won't tolerate it near me. 

??

airdriejambo3
2 hours ago, AW1 said:

Had one behind me at the final against Celtic. Shouting racial abuse about Eduoard, I turned round and questioned the Chap who clearly had way too much to drink . Don't care if Eduoard is a Celtic player racism is racism and I won't tolerate it near me. 

Wasn't just before Celtic scored their 2nd in A5 - A4?, there was a scuffle with police and i look up to see the moses had parted the maroon sea and bang (possibly Karma) we were done. 

Edited by airdriejambo3
spelling

1 hour ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Wasn't just before Celtic scored their 2nd in A5 - A4?, there was a scuffle with police and i look up to see the moses had parted the maroon sea and bang (possibly Karma) we were done. 

No was in B2 . The boy was being a pest the whole first half and shouted something racist . I turned round and asked him who that was aimed at and to stfu . He said "Eduoard" and then went quiet. Never saw him in the second half. Funny that. 

On 09/06/2019 at 18:52, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Proven goalscorer in this division. Would easily easily take him over current dreadful options Maclean, Keena, Wighton, Vanacek 

Keena 6 appearances and vanacek not even started surely we need to see them play a bit before discarding - Players with better reputations than Vanacek have failed in our league Roy keane , Henning Berg  and Joey "ill be the best player" Barton were all stunningly hopeless

Isma was OK, he had some good moments but he was unbearably frustrating. He would often drop off, pick up the ball, run at a man, skip past him and draw another defender... Just at that moment, when he has created space and his teammate is open for a pass and clear shot at goal... Isma would run into trouble and lose the ball. 

Every f**ing time 

And that is the reason I wouldn't have him back, he is greedy, inconsistent and a bit lazy at times 

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Okay. So when were all the allegations against Heath proven to be lies, though?

When the investigation was dropped and the person who made the allegations was subject to prosecution on the grounds of perverting the course of justice.  

JamboNation

Would have him back given the current standard of playing staff ,but wouldn't lose any sleep over it if we could get someone better , he scored a few good goals during what was a tough year for the team .

He backed his Mrs as she was upset with racist abuse any lad worth his salt would do the same , nothing that has happened since or having spent the last two seasons in the vicinity of some dinosaurs in the main stand gives me cause to doubt his version of events.

4 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

Keena 6 appearances and vanacek not even started surely we need to see them play a bit before discarding - Players with better reputations than Vanacek have failed in our league Roy keane , Henning Berg  and Joey "ill be the best player" Barton were all stunningly hopeless

I think Vanecek started twice (Livingston in the SC and Dundee in the league)

Tokyo Drifter
On 09/06/2019 at 18:44, Chaps said:

Would anyone take him back?

Him and Uche would make a good partership with Naismith playing in behind.

Nah.