spirt of 98

All roads lead to Gorgie

Wrong thread. 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Is he better than Godhino tho? 

It's 50/50 imo. 

For me yes. Haven’t seen anything in Godhino. 

kingantti1874

Please god no.. the worst left foot I’ve ever seen on a professional footballer.. yes I know he’s s right back but it’s makes him so utterly predictable.. 

The White Cockade
45 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Guy down my old chip shop handed in his severed penis.

Cock and bull story?

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Cock and bull story?

Ha!

No. 

Walked into the chippy at the bottom of Leith Walk handed the server his boaby and asked him to deep fry it.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/FISH+%26+CHOPS+SHOCK%3B+Severed+penis+horror.-a067469228

Same guy...

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/body-is-found-after-street-horror-1-934015

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ha!

No. 

Walked into the chippy at the bottom of Leith Walk handed the server his boaby and asked him to deep fry it.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/FISH+%26+CHOPS+SHOCK%3B+Severed+penis+horror.-a067469228

Same guy...

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/body-is-found-after-street-horror-1-934015

:cornette:?

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Good right back cover for Smith.  Definitely better than Godinho or Brandon.  Gets the club. 

Solid signing that gives squad better depth.  

This for me

letsalldothebeattie

If true assuming that means both Godinho & Brandon will be away on loan this season as pointless having 4 right backs. Randall would make a good back up to Michael Smith was a hell of a lot better for us when he got that position looked way out his depth in midfield. Wouldn’t be against this signing but for me defence isn’t really the issue for us just now. We need a bit more in the middle and up top first 

I'd be fine with this.

Smith might be better deployed in the centre of a back 3 and Randall was pretty good at right back at the end of last season.

He and Smith could probably play left back when needed.

Didn't think he was good enough for Hearts, never mind Liverpool! After watching him the first couple of times he was here he wasn't ever going to make it at Liverpool. Still nothing to be excited about regarding signings, but not surprised. As for Godinho...I thought when he came into the team two or three years ago he was a left-back. Forgot he was there then he's suddenly in the team playing right-back. Aberdeen game at Tynie, he played and McInnes brought on McGinn at halftime, thought "here we go, he'll get turned over here now!" As for Brandon, thought he was excellent when he was in and out the team initially under Cathro then his long-term injury problem occurred. Still think after a full pre-season he'll be a very decent back-up for Michael Smith. Don't need Randall and wouldn't be too bothered if we released Godinho. Those two wages could be used better for further forward in the team.

The White Cockade
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Didn't think he was good enough for Hearts, never mind Liverpool! After watching him the first couple of times he was here he wasn't ever going to make it at Liverpool. Still nothing to be excited about regarding signings, but not surprised. As for Godinho...I thought when he came into the team two or three years ago he was a left-back. Forgot he was there then he's suddenly in the team playing right-back. Aberdeen game at Tynie, he played and McInnes brought on McGinn at halftime, thought "here we go, he'll get turned over here now!" As for Brandon, thought he was excellent when he was in and out the team initially under Cathro then his long-term injury problem occurred. Still think after a full pre-season he'll be a very decent back-up for Michael Smith. Don't need Randall and wouldn't be too bothered if we released Godinho. Those two wages could be used better for further forward in the team.

Godinho better than Randall or Brandon imo

You not thinking of the game when Liam Smith was left back and was absolutely brutal and gave a couple of goals away?

Don't know what to make of him. Average most of the time, but remember him playing right back the day we cuffed Celtic 4-0

and he took care of Forrest/Sinclair no bother.

21 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Godinho better than Randall or Brandon imo

You not thinking of the game when Liam Smith was left back and was absolutely brutal and gave a couple of goals away?

No, Godinho. He did okay first half then McInnes brought McGinn on. Knew that Godinho playing right-back was left-footed so brought him on to attack from their left side. Godinho was wrong-footed a few times and I think he gave away a penalty. He might've been subbed not long after.

Ah, Liam Smith, eh? Where is he now!?

Edited by jambonian

52 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did Pep Cathro not play him in midfield at Easter Road?

Cathro was sacked about two days after signing him. 

13 minutes ago, jambonian said:

No, Godinho. He did okay first half then McInnes brought McGinn on. Knew that Godinho playing right-back was left-footed so brought him on to attack from their left side. Godinho was wrong-footed a few times and I think he gave away a penalty. He might've been subbed not long after.

Ah, Liam Smith, eh? Where is he now!?

Just signed for Dundee Utd from Ayr.

Famous 1874

Like someone said previously we need a faster more attacking right back. Randall puts a shift in and whilst he is in my opinion better than Godinho and Brandon, he doesn’t have the characteristics that we need. From what I can remember was that he was very poor on the ball and didn’t have much pace. Need a faster more athletic right back who is comfortable on the ball. 

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Godinho is murder and will never make it at Hearts. Randall was a good player for us for the season he was here.

But there’s really no need to sign him and I don’t think we will.

Absolutely agree, hes a first division player at best,nowhere near good enough to be a hearts player !

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ha!

No. 

Same guy...

Should have taken him to the Dick vet, rather than St. John's.

jambo in iraq

I didn't think he was that bad in his time with us, but if we were going to take him I would have thought we would have just extended his loan last year. Was at Rochdale all last year and couldn't break into their team, so big no thank you from me. He's Scottish championship level at best.

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Like someone said previously we need a faster more attacking right back. Randall puts a shift in and whilst he is in my opinion better than Godinho and Brandon, he doesn’t have the characteristics that we need. From what I can remember was that he was very poor on the ball and didn’t have much pace. Need a faster more athletic right back who is comfortable on the ball. 

We already have one ??‍♂️

Nookie Bear

Doubt this will happen when we have 3 full backs already. 

If we cannot develop Godinho and Brandon into being effective full backs, even as back up, then we have bigger problems behind the scenes and questions should be asked. 

But i expect we will start next season with what we have now. 

Jambof3tornado
13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He can ghost in at the back post...

You can tell the older generation in a single post. The joke has gone right over the heads of many lol.

Famous 1874
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

We already have one ??‍♂️

Really like Michael Smith as he is mr consistent. But he is hardly athletic, rapid and attacking.

Need someone younger to come in to push him and compete for a place in the team. 

heartsfc_fan

Randall was ok at right back. But not spectacular.

Tbh I'd rather we work in improving one of Brandon or Godinho who will be back up to Smith.

Right back isn't a position we really need to be spending money on.

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Really like Michael Smith as he is mr consistent. But he is hardly athletic, rapid and attacking.

Need someone younger to come in to push him and compete for a place in the team. 

Pretty much the first word I can think of to describe Smith is athletic ??

scott herbertson
15 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He can ghost in at the back post...

Not for me - tended to disappear in games

Stupid Sexy Flanders

He was ousted from the team by Marcus Godinho last time, so I can't fathom any logical reason why we'd sign him again.

I have the same feelings towards Randall as a few other posters on here.

Didn't have the best of starts at Hearts but near the end of his time here he did look like he was coming onto a game.

Wouldn't be a bad addition in terms of a squad rotation player.

Feel like I'm in the minority here, but I would be quite happy to see Randall back. He was playing well in the latter half of his season with us at RB, but clearly wasn't suited to midfield. 

In my view Godinho needs a loan move to play, and Brandon is unlikely to ever be our first choice RB, although I do feel he has something to offer further up the park. 

Given Smith's flexibility as a 3rd CB or deep lying midfielder, having a competent back up like Randall would be no bad thing. 

Mind him, Grezlak and Callachan playing midfield at fester :vrface:

I actually thought Randall was decent at wing back in the middle of that season but by the end he'd lost his spot to Godhino with Smith playing left back, if he's coming in as cheap cover then fair enough but don't really think we should be looking for squad players 

17 hours ago, S Form said:

I quite liked Conor - did well once he’d found his feet. Wouldn’t replace Michael Smith, though.

Agree. Smith's been a revelation this season (edit, should that read 'last' season?).

Edited by 4marsbars

He was awful when we played him in midfield but I thought he was a decent and solid player when we played him in his natural position at right back.

He was tremendous against Celtic when we beat them 4-0.

23 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Just been text by someone who has some good football connections. Apparently Hearts are about to sign Connor Randal. 

Not too excited by this news. Thoughts? 

You’d better be having a laugh.

Pasquale for King
On 09/06/2019 at 22:08, Nookie Bear said:

Did Pep Cathro not play him in midfield at Easter Road?

Cathro saw him as a dynamic midfielder. Levein played him and Gryzelak in Centre midfield at ER and they both showed they couldn’t play there. 

He was good at wing back and might play in front of Smith in a 442 if he signs, RB isn’t a position we particularly need to strengthen though.

Edited by Pasquale for King

On 09/06/2019 at 17:36, gjcc said:

Maybe we’re having a decent go at the reserve league this season. 

This made me laugh! 

For folk on here saying he is shit.

Are you judging him on his performances when he was played totally out of position in midfield or when he played in his natural position at right back?

If its when he was playing at right back then I think you lot have short memories. I thought he was a very good fullback who at one point was keeping Michael Smith out of the team.

Do you not remember his performance at Tynecastle when we beat Celtic 4-0? He was outstanding that day.

7 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

For folk on here saying he is shit.

Are you judging him on his performances when he was played totally out of position in midfield or when he played in his natural position at right back?

If its when he was playing at right back then I think you lot have short memories. I thought he was a very good fullback who at one point was keeping Michael Smith out of the team.

Do you not remember his performance at Tynecastle when we beat Celtic 4-0? He was outstanding that day.

Cant disagree with that.