Connor Randal

spirt of 98

spirt of 98

Just been text by someone who has some good football connections. Apparently Hearts are about to sign Connor Randal. 

Not too excited by this news. Thoughts? 

If that’s what Levein thinks the level of signing required is, we are in bigger trouble than I thought...

PS. Can’t see it being true

Bazzas right boot

Boy was murder, no where near technically good enough. 

Poor first touch, decision making and passing. 

Good attitude and fit, tho. 

No idea how he got anywhere near Liverpool. 

I don't believe it

Nice guy and clearly liked Hearts as did his dad, but didn't show enough other than maybe the Celtic 4-0 game

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Maybe we’re having a decent go at the reserve league this season. 

Could have a good chance as we might be the only team in the reserve league.

Brighton Jambo

Good right back cover for Smith.  Definitely better than Godinho or Brandon.  Gets the club. 

Solid signing that gives squad better depth.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

I thought he looked dreadful at first, but by the end of that season, I actually quite liked him. **** knows why we need him, though. 

Surely if we were that interested in him we would have tried to get him back on loan? Seems just like an obvious link now he's been released.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Good right back cover for Smith.  Definitely better than Godinho or Brandon.  Gets the club. 

Is the correct answer. 

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

:spoton:

All roads lead to Gorgie

A bit of a step backwards if this is true. 

I liked his wholehearted approach but we need a better calibre of player to finish higher than 6th.

frankblack

He wasn't a regular for us when here on loan so at best would only be cover for injuries, which we have had a lot of at RB.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Is he better than Godhino tho? 

It's 50/50 imo. 

Was proving his worth towards the end of his first spell with us.

A better player and option than Godinho or Brandon.

Don’t think it will happen though, especially not until the above mentioned are released.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Andyp1874 said:

Still not linked with one player iv been excited about

That will be the number 1 criteria for our scouting team as well. Shame on them. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Quite average, but every club needs a hard working utility man. Potentially he could be a long term servant for Hearts, Robbie Neilson was the player most of us compared Randall to. Never looked likely he would cut it at a higher level but he is a fighter and a hard worker.

Uncle Buck
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Is he better than Godhino tho? 

It's 50/50 imo. 

Godinho is murder and will never make it at Hearts. Randall was a good player for us for the season he was here.

But there’s really no need to sign him and I don’t think we will.

He'd be a solid signing, but I've got to say, what hope is that meant to give Brandon & Godinho? Both are good enough to play at this level, signing players in when we've got adequate cover seems wasteful and not exactly encouraging for our youngsters.

To be clear, i'm not saying it would be a bad signing. Randall played well in his time here, I liked his tenacity. I just think in the context of being a club with an onus on youth development its not something I'm massively enthusiastic about. 

However, I suspect coming from Liverpool he'll be an absolute professional in regards to training, diet etc. which appears to be something which Scottish lads struggle with going by some of the snippets that come out every so often. So could be a good influence in that regard. 

Edited by OTT

Bridge of Djoum
36 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Just been text by someone who has some good football connections. Apparently Hearts are about to sign Connor Randal. 

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Godinho is murder and will never make it at Hearts. Randall was a good player for us for the season he was here.

But there’s really no need to sign him and I don’t think we will.

Randall was not a good player, I'm not saying Godhino is, but not sure he'd be worth the outlay to replace someone that is shite with someone that is a bit shite. 

Even then, I'm not sure Godhino is worse Tbh. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Guy down the pub told me we are in for Ngoo. 

You misheard the guy say he was away for a poo.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

He'd be a solid signing, but I've got to say, what hope is that meant to give Brandon & Godinho? Both are good enough to play at this level, signing players in when we've got adequate cover seems wasteful and not exactly encouraging for our youngsters.

To be clear, i'm not saying it would be a bad signing. Randall played well in his time here, I liked his tenacity. I just think in the context of being a club with an onus on youth development its not something I'm massively enthusiastic about. 

I think the club might be realising neither are gonna cut it. 

I’m all for youth development but sometimes you need to call a spade a spade. 16 y/o Aaron Hickey is already ahead of both.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

What pub? 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You misheard the guy say he was away for a poo.

Entirely possible. but...

I also heard ANOTHER guy say we are in for Jarko Wiss.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What pub? 

Jolly Judge.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Jolly Judge.

True dat. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

I think the club might be realising neither are gonna cut it. 

I’m all for youth development but sometimes you need to call a spade a spade. 16 y/o Aaron Hickey is already ahead of both.

Yeah, I could kinda see that point of view when I was typing it :D 

Brandon hasn't built on his initial season but thats largely down to injuries. Godinho, is perhaps the weaker of the two given age. I'm just worried about the message it sends. Celtic and the huns tend to be able to scoop up much of the talented youngsters, being able to offer a professional set up, but also a legitimate & genuine path to the first team (I imagine) would be a massive selling point to the youngsters, agents and parents. If we're signing young players from down south I think it might make that message harder to sell. 

Obviously, as you say, call a spade a spade. We can't be bringing through lads that just aren't going to cut it for the sake of PR, but nonetheless, I'd like to hope that every possible chance is given to our own kids internally before we go pushing them down the pecking order. 

This is bollocks. But Randall was decent for us I thought, although there's really not much between him, Brandon and Godinho and not a position we need to strengthen.

From a cost perspective highly unlikely we'd sign him when we have the aforementioned too, and would most likely would command a higher wage than the other 2 as well

jambopilms

Why would we want a player who was on loan and we didn't want to get him back or try to sign him. Nonsense.

The White Cockade
13 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

There’s a guy works down my chip shop swears he’s Elvis

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

There’s a guy works down my chip shop swears he’s Elvis

Guy down my old chip shop handed in his severed penis.

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I wouldn't order a sausage supper there then. 

been here before
1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

Never saw that coming...

On 08/06/2019 at 10:21, Deek said:

Conor Randall has been released by Liverpool! ?

Ex- player (albeit on loan) so surely worthy of a thread of his own asking if we should take him back.

bajthejambo
9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Lala. ?

I’d like us to find a right back who is good at going forward. 

Adding Randall(if true) to our current clutch of RBs doesn’t do that. 

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why would we want a player who was on loan and we didn't want to get him back or try to sign him. Nonsense.

He was rated by Levein and was still under contract with Liverpool. Free agent now though, so it removes the financial aspect of it. I'll assume CL also wanted to give Godinho and Brandon their chance this season and he's decided they're not up to it which then removes 2/3s of the competition aspect. Would feel better having Randall when Smith inevitably gets injured than MG or JB