Justin Edinburgh RIP (merged threads)

Mr Sifter

Crazy news. Just got Leyton Orient back to the Football League a few weeks ago.

Took ill unexpectedly on Monday and now dead. So sad.

Hard to credit.  I used to follow his progress at Tottenham just because of his name.

What a great shame.

makes you feel a little fragile, 49  and probably still in good shape,  you never know whats round the corner.

That is truly dreadful news things were looking on the up for Orient having moved on from their equivalent of Vlad too 

been here before

Mind seeing him play at Tynecastle years ago for Spurs in a team that contained Lineker and Gascoigne not long after the 1990 World Cup.

Cardiac arrest at 49?

FFS

As reaths said above, makes you feel a wee bit fragile.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Mind seeing him play at Tynecastle years ago for Spurs in a team that contained Lineker and Gascoigne not long after the 1990 World Cup.

was that the 1-1 game?

gashauskis9

Devastated at this news.  Can remember watching him playing in the same Spurs team as Campbell, Anderton, Klinsmann, Ginola etc in the 90s.  He was a solid LB.

RIP.

Find myself often asking what it’s all about after hearing news like this.

Enjoy your life, your kids, treat every day like it could be your last (cliche alert) and don’t sweat the small stuff.

Thoughts with his family.

Edited by Whatever

maroonsgotop

tragic news. Saw him play for Spurs including the FA Cup Final win in 1991. A very decent left back and was doing well as a manager having just got Leyton Orient promoted to the Football League. Condolences to his family and friends 

been here before
23 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

was that the 1-1 game?

1-1 or 2-1 to them, Id have to check. Gascoigne got a bit of lighthearted 'bantz' from the Shed- "you fat *******" that sort of thing. He got subbed off about 10 mins from time to a standing ovation (aye, I know) and then started making 'having a pint' signs, ala Merson, over to the Shed before pointing out to Gorgie Road.

Bull's-eye

Ffs.

Better have another Beer and a Fag, its ****ing awful when fit guys keel over. ****ed if I go down that route, when I peg it I want an excuse.

RIP JE.

maroonsgotop
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

1-1 or 2-1 to them, Id have to check. Gascoigne got a bit of lighthearted 'bantz' from the Shed- "you fat *******" that sort of thing. He got subbed off about 10 mins from time to a standing ovation (aye, I know) and then started making 'having a pint' signs, ala Merson, over to the Shed before pointing out to Gorgie Road.

1-1

Desperate news, so sad in those circumstances. Just had a fantastic season getting the Os up as well. 

18 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Ffs.

Better have another Beer and a Fag, its ****ing awful when fit guys keel over. ****ed if I go down that route, when I peg it I want an excuse.

RIP JE.

Yep, it really does make you think.

LeylandJambo

What's meant won't pass you by so they say. But **** me 49 is no age at all. R.I.P condolences to his friends and family. 

44 minutes ago, been here before said:

I was at that game too. Really sad news. 

It should have been ten
55 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Cardiac arrest at 49?

FFS

As reaths said above, makes you feel a wee bit fragile.

Too true 

Awful news 

Bull's-eye
28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yep, it really does make you think.

I prefer not to use that option Morgs ?

Could have mentioned Justin in the "random players..." thread. Like others, first heard of him at the Hearts v. Spurs game in 1990. 

My mum thought I was winding her up when I mentioned his name. 

Tragic news. 

RIP

Jamboelite

Tragic, rest in peace Musselburgh.

49 it gives me the fear.... 

Edited by Jamboelite

maroonsgotop

had just returned from Madrid after watching the Champions league Final with other former Spurs players. So sad

According to wiki he was born in basildon and got married this year.

Just awful.

letsalldothebeattie

True what they say you don’t know what’s around the corner. Absolutely tragic 49 no age these days. Guy looked to still be in tremendous shape as well. 

RIP Justin. Thoughts with his family, friends and all at Leyton Orient 

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

From corstorphine as well 

R.I.P 

REALLY SAD NEWS 

Corstorpine??? 

John Findlay

I'm 56. He was only 49 a mere youngster. Condolences to all his family and friends. RIP Justin Edinburgh.

Calebs Grandad
14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hard to credit.  I used to follow his progress at Tottenham just because of his name.

What a great shame.

Exactly the same Doug. What an incredible achievement getting Orient back into the football league ahead of Salford. 

Alfie Conn

Top bloke. He loved mixing with us Spurs fans and was always there at the big games.

He was leading the singing in the fanzone in Madrid and was really enjoying himself.

Proper honest professional. Loved by the fans and players alike.

RIP

He always came across as a decent lad, and I'm sure most Hearts and Hibs fans paid a bit more attention to his career on account of his surname. Way too young to go.

13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

eh? that is the joke. 25 years.

Sorry, was thinking you meant something else. I wasn’t thinking straight last night.

3 hours ago, superjack said:

That was the nickname he was known as Morgan.

Yes, I know that Jack.

Hectormasson
On 09/06/2019 at 10:14, pablo said:

He always came across as a decent lad, and I'm sure most Hearts and Hibs fans paid a bit more attention to his career on account of his surname. Way too young to go.

Correct m8 ,idid just that because of his name   but a very good footballer,won trophies ,alot of good players played all their career and won nothing medal wise...very sad ,and all hearts fans among others will have had a wee thought about him RIP justin Edinburgh.....