Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Levein or Adkins?

Craigy every day of the week ?

Exactly! Threads like this show a total lack of Craig levein in my opinion 

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly! Threads like this show a total lack of Craig levein in my opinion 

It's not a lack of respect but he's not going to be the manager forever and if Hearts start the season like they ended last season he won't last long.

You have to try and freshen things up when things go stale, Adkins brand of football appeals to me more than Levein's big lump up front brand of football.

If you enjoy sterile football then Levein's your man. He won't change his style.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Finlay James
12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's not a lack of respect but he's not going to be the manager forever and if Hearts start the season like they ended last season he won't last long.

You have to try and freshen things up when things go stale, Adkins brand of football appeals to me more than Levein's big lump up front brand of football.

If you enjoy sterile football then Levein's your man. He won't change his style.

Amazing the amount of myths that are created on JKB

13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He can't, it's not in his make-up. If he changed his style it might look like he was wrong in the first place and he wont admit to that.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Amazing the amount of myths that are created on JKB

Myths ?

Levein admits himself he is a cautious manager

Proof was in the pudding. Didn't score more than 2 goals in a League match since the 3 up at Dundee in October and barely scored 2 in a match.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Myths ?

Levein admits himself he is a cautious manager

Thats not what your post says though is it

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

What if we start the season the way we did last year? 

I'll wager a bet we won't

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Finlay James said:

Thats not what your post says though is it

What does it say ?

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What does it say ?

You said:

You have to try and freshen things up when things go stale, Adkins brand of football appeals to me more than Levein's big lump up front brand of football.

If you enjoy sterile football then Levein's your man. He won't change his style.

This is just a tired myth peddled on here by a few and given arms and legs by Michael Stewart.    It's up there with the other popular myth that we won't sell season tickets as long as Levein is here.  Oh wait ?‍♂️

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

You said:

You have to try and freshen things up when things go stale, Adkins brand of football appeals to me more than Levein's big lump up front brand of football.

If you enjoy sterile football then Levein's your man. He won't change his style.

This is just a tired myth peddled on here by a few and given arms and legs by Michael Stewart.    It's up there with the other popular myth that we won't sell season tickets as long as Levein is here.  Oh wait ?‍♂️

It's not a myth as I have explained by giving an example of a lack of goals

Mr Elwood P
7 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Now he's the type of manager Hearts should be looking at

You think that we can attract English Championship managers? Total detachment from reality on here, especially at this time of year. 

Maroon Sailor
6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You think that we can attract English Championship managers? Total detachment from reality on here, especially at this time of year. 

Hibs did

Seymour M Hersh
15 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Now he's the type of manager Hearts should be looking at

And what sort of money will he be looking for?  I do wonder at some of out fans grasp on reality. Hull's turnover last year was £52 + million (which probably included some parachute money) so you can bet he was already getting paid way more than we would be willing to pay. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And what sort of money will he be looking for?  I do wonder at some of out fans grasp on reality. Hull's turnover last year was £52 + million (which probably included some parachute money) so you can bet he was already getting paid way more than we would be willing to pay. 

In which case he'll be a very wealthy man who might fancy a new challenge, regardless of the money on offer. 

Maroon Sailor
44 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's an out of work football manager. He might fancy a crack at Scottish Football. Money might not be everything to him

been here before
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Milinkovic will have a new manager 

'in a heartbeat'.

Saves starting the thread.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

In which case he'll be a very wealthy man who might fancy a new challenge, regardless of the money on offer. 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's an out of work football manager. He might fancy a crack at Scottish Football. Money might not be everything to him

I rest my case. :laugh:

Tommy Brown

Adkins is funny one.

He had Southampton playing eye-candy football, then sacked for Pochettino.

He has done nothing of note since.

Maroon Sailor
50 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Case ?

You haven't got a case so how the feck can you rest it ?! 

Forever Hearts
52 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Meaning what? Is it really out with the bounds of possibility that Hearts could attract an out of work Championship manager? 

Maroon Sailor
48 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Adkins is funny one.

He had Southampton playing eye-candy football, then sacked for Pochettino.

He has done nothing of note since.

He's had that basket case owner at Hull to contend with

Levein has done nothing of note throughout his managerial career and plays eye-bleeding football

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's had that basket case owner at Hull to contend with

Levein has done nothing of note throughout his managerial career and plays eye-bleeding football

Five year plan....?

Nookie Bear

Disrespectful :lol:

Its a football message board ffs It’s not like we’re leaving nursing home brochures lying around the mother-in-laws house. 

Matthew Le Tissier

Adkins would be a fantastic appointment. Brilliant man manager and knows how to play good football, unfortunately was out his depth with Saints in The Premier League, but given the chance up here I think he would do wonders for us.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

Adkins would be a fantastic appointment. Brilliant man manager and knows how to play good football, unfortunately was out his depth with Saints in The Premier League, but given the chance up here I think he would do wonders for us.

Southampton just a wee diddy team??

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Folk will do anything to have a pop at Levein ???

It's laughable considering how successful he has been as a manager.

Can't even finish above Hibs

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You crack on if this is how you want to fill your Sunday ?????

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Disrespectful too, apparently.  Why can't people just let him get on with his job for life, unaccountable to no-one, it would appear. A 3rd successive 6th place finish would really top it all and would deserve to be rewarded with a new contract.

And as if by magic this one arrives to put his original view across that nobody has heard before ????

Mr Elwood P
6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hibs did

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

So did Killie and Aberdeen. 

Adkins managed to get Southampton from League One to the Premiership so has a slightly higher pedigree than Heckingbottom! Clark had a connection to Kilmarnock and McInnes didn’t succeed in England, Adkins has. We won’t attack a successful English Championship manager, even if we did have vacancy.

Enzo Chiefo

Who would you get, they say? A poster suggests a name that is available , with a good track record but apparently it's disrespectful. Perhaps, instead of continually defending Levein with the same tired old reasoning, they could discuss the subject of the thread. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Adkins managed to get Southampton from League One to the Premiership so has a slightly higher pedigree than Heckingbottom! Clark had a connection to Kilmarnock and McInnes didn’t succeed in England, Adkins has. We won’t attack a successful English Championship manager, even if we did have vacancy.

I didn't say if they were successful or not, just that they had managed in the Championship. So did Lee Clark who also managed Killie. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who would you get, they say? A poster suggests a name that is available , with a good track record but apparently it's disrespectful. Perhaps, instead of continually defending Levein with the same tired old reasoning, they could discuss the subject of the thread. 

Says the boy that turns every thread into a hate Levein thread. You really are a funny guy. Not in a good way either ???

Maroon Sailor
31 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You crack on if this is how you want to fill your Sunday ?????

You are filling your Sunday by being your usual smarmy self

Stick to Notts County