Maple Leaf

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well, that was six days ago, and the Toronto Raptors have won the NBA Championship, the first non-American team to do so. I watched every minute of the last four games. NOW I get it.

It was very exciting, and I'm beginning to understand the nuances of the game. Maybe one day I'll figure out the rules.

Thousands of fans watching the game on a large outdoor screen outside the Raptors home stadium is a tradition, and the area is called Jurassic Park.  There were 76 Jurassic Parks across Canada last night, and at least one in the States. There was an estimated one million people celebrating in the streets of Toronto after the game.  It was quite the the thing, and even I got into the mood.

Doesn't compare to 1998 or 2012 though!!

Congrats to Toronto -- when Golden State put that team together I don't think anyone thought anyone else had a dog's chance in hell. Very different team with KD out of course but it was still a core that's bulldozed all opposition for years.

Of course the Raptors are still a pretty young team, all things considered, so there aren't people who have been suffering for 50 years. (If the Leafs ever win the cup again the city may not survive it.) 

Kawhi Leonard is on another level right now.