11 Players Leaving Newcastle

wanderer

I see Newcastle are about to release 11 players, including Mo Diame. Couple of young Strikers in there as well. I wondered if any of them will be on our radar. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Deek said:

Conor Randall has been released by Liverpool! ?

Ex- player (albeit on loan) so surely worthy of a thread of his own asking if we should take him back.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

I'd take Diame.

I would as well but dreamland if we think that could happen :lol:

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ex- player (albeit on loan) so surely worthy of a thread of his own asking if we should take him back.

I tend to find starting a thread leads to you being shot down by the ars3holes.

been here before
14 minutes ago, Deek said:

Nah theres nothing arsehole-ish about starting a new thread for every player whose left us over the past 5-10 years asking if people think we should take them back.

19 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I would as well but dreamland if we think that could happen :lol:

Would settle for shelvey.

Rocky jamboa
24 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I'd take Diame.

Yeah, I'm sure he would be keen to take a £40k per week drop in wages to move to us ?

36 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Aye but with our luck we'd end up getting that huddy Joselu or some such

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Deek said:

Agree 100% mate. 

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

:lol:  

He is dreadful. 

Edited by Paolo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

At the risk of being called an arsehole clutching at straws believing we can sign players leaving the Premier League. 

Wages offered by Championship clubs are smashing the likes of ourselves out of the game. 

Loan of young players unlikely to make it seem the main source from the Premier League. 

Occasionally a Maddison might emerge but even then he spent his final months at Aberdeen on the bench,  he had so much to learn off the ball.

I don't know the logistics but I would be taking a look at countries like Belgium and Austria or even lower down French Portuguese leagues. 

Technically very good players and a good bit cheaper than England 

2 hours ago, Deek said:

Conor Randall has been released by Liverpool! ?

Liked Randall but wasn't much special. Smith is better and we've got Brandon too.

44 minutes ago, Paolo said:

He is dreadful. 

Ah yes a 27 year old with 6 caps for England and 8+ years of experience in the English premier league Is not good enough for us. He’d be our most valuable asset. 

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

He is dreadful. 

I presume you haven't seen much of him.

He is still under contract so the prospect of signing for us is a bit remote unless on a loan deal but i'm sure we'd be trumped by English Championship clubs. That would be a good bit of business and he would scoot our league IMO.

As a passing thought, NUFC have 4 good goalkeepers and I reckon Steve Elliott might fancy a loan to ensure game time as he seems to be behind Dubravka and Darlow.  Some may remember Elliott from a pre-season Tynecastle friendly 3 or 4 years ago and one save in particular from Jamie Walker.

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

As a passing thought, NUFC have 4 good goalkeepers and I reckon Steve Elliott might fancy a loan to ensure game time as he seems to be behind Dubravka and Darlow.  Some may remember Elliott from a pre-season Tynecastle friendly 3 or 4 years ago and one save in particular from Jamie Walker.

You don't as his name is Rob Elliott !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Diame is a donkey. Would probably look like zidane up here tho.

Interesting thought.  He seems to be a marmite type of player: some think he's wonderful while others agree with your 1st sentence.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You don't as his name is Rob Elliott !

Correct!   Apologies.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I presume you haven't seen much of him.

He is still under contract so the prospect of signing for us is a bit remote unless on a loan deal but i'm sure we'd be trumped by English Championship clubs. That would be a good bit of business and he would scoot our league IMO.

Yes he was impressive,would be a great loan signing.

The Gorgie
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Interesting thought.  He seems to be a marmite type of player: some think he's wonderful while others agree with your 1st sentence.

Having a season ticket at St james park i seen him a lot. For me offers very little, doesn't score or assit much, felt he slowed play down, however he is more disciplined in the defensive side of the game than Shelvey which is probably 

why he was a regular.

4 hours ago, Paolo said:

He is dreadful. 

Sheveley bossed the game when we played them at Tynecastle a while back, he was head and shoulders above anything we had.

19 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Would happily take Roberts & Elliot.

Not so sure about Roberts.  He was highly thought of earlier in his career but doesn't seem to have cracked on and has been overtaken by Longstaff.

I would take Shelvey and Elliott on loan though.  Little chance of being able to afford them otherwise.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Arsehole !!!

That makes me one as well, however, because I agree with pretty much every word.

Pair of arseholes...

Make that 3.  Read recently that Chelsea have just re-signed a bloke on £100,000 a week.  Name like Odai or something.

I had never even heard of him.

Utterly ridiculous.

So much for the people's game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Arsehole !!!

That makes me one as well, however, because I agree with pretty much every word.

Pair of arseholes...

Mr Elwood P
9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

At the risk of being called an arsehole clutching at straws believing we can sign players leaving the Premier League. 

Wages offered by Championship clubs are smashing the likes of ourselves out of the game. 

Loan of young players unlikely to make it seem the main source from the Premier League. 

Occasionally a Maddison might emerge but even then he spent his final months at Aberdeen on the bench,  he had so much to learn off the ball.

I don't know the logistics but I would be taking a look at countries like Belgium and Austria or even lower down French Portuguese leagues. 

Technically very good players and a good bit cheaper than England 

When was Maddison on the Aberdeen bench for months?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

When was Maddison on the Aberdeen bench for months?

Got binned following the League Cup final and missed matches prior to 

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got binned following the League Cup final and missed matches prior to 

He played 90 minutes in the next game against Rangers. Was on loan for half the season and played 14 league games so clearly wasn’t out for months at any point?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He played 90 minutes in the next game against Rangers. Was on loan for half the season and played 14 league games so clearly wasn’t out for months at any point?

14 games,  out of 20 odd. Long enough for a player of that class. Didn't play in December really. 

Aberdeen suffered for his luxurious style 

Calebs Grandad
23 hours ago, wigwam123 said:

Mo Diame was apparently on 45k a week which just shows exactly how ridiculous the EPL is. 

Can you imagine the pressure on many young kids nowadays who are being pushed by parents and coaches with the dream of making the big time?  

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I wouldn't 

Somebody who wants to post accurate information would. I must have got you confused with somebody else.

Gorgieshed

Funny people think we can afford any of these players. Even funnier that people think Shelvey is dreadful and wouldn't be welcome here. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Somebody who wants to post accurate information would. I must have got you confused with somebody else.

Ballpark is good enough to get the picture. He was binned and not just once for not contributing on the defensive side. 

Point stands. Really wasn't a point that needed pinpoint statistics. Pedant. 

Mr Elwood P
26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ballpark is good enough to get the picture. He was binned and not just once for not contributing on the defensive side. 

Point stands. Really wasn't a point that needed pinpoint statistics. Pedant. 

I was just disagreeing that he was left out for months, he wasn't. It doesn't look like he was dropped for any more than two games but he was dropped at points so you got that part correct. I'd imagine Aberdeen would be delighted to have a player of that calibre on their bench next season. Step forward Curtis Main ...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I was just disagreeing that he was left out for months, he wasn't. It doesn't look like he was dropped for any more than two games but he was dropped at points so you got that part correct. I'd imagine Aberdeen would be delighted to have a player of that calibre on their bench next season. Step forward Curtis Main ...

He disappeared and they responded following the cup final because they went back to basics 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He disappeared and they responded following the cup final because they went back to basics 

When? He left at the end of December to go back to Norwich. He got booked twice in December so was clearly playing right up until he left, with the exception of a few games when he had been dropped.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

When? He left at the end of December to go back to Norwich. He got booked twice in December so was clearly playing right up until he left, with the exception of a few games when he had been dropped.

Yeah disappeared. Back to Norwich because Mcinnes wasn't going to play him. Getting there 

Mr Elwood P
51 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah disappeared. Back to Norwich because Mcinnes wasn't going to play him. Getting there 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1153997/maddison-not-returning-aberdeen/

You'd have been better just admitting that he hadn't been out the Aberdeen side for months. He played a part in almost every game for Aberdeen while at the club and they were very keen to keep him. He decided to stay and fight for his place at Norwich and is now an EPL player and English International.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/how-james-maddison-nearly-stayed-12760378

Edited by Mr Elwood P