***OFFICIAL SCOTLAND VS CYPRUS THREAD***

William H. Bonney

McKenna is strong but a huddie going forward. Can't really grasp why Clarke didn't want Souttar in to provide more options coming out with the ball. "Big lump" wasn't it, well wtf is McKenna?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• Lovecraft

• gashauskis9

• Mr Elwood P

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Who is Kenny Maclean?  Can't be bothered googling him.  Have honestly never heard of him.

How can you not know who MacLean is? He was at Aberdeen for four season, played against Hearts about 10-15 times?

Yet another inspiring performance.  Shouldn't pillory Clarke though.  He needs a couple if years and several Hearts players to get things right.

Jonno us right about Forest.  Hope he's having Hickey nightmares.

16 years old??

That's the second time Robertson has dived in when he really should have been regrouping. If they'd scored, would have been his fault. 

Stephen Muddie

Pretty dire viewing so far. We have overhit almost every cross... And even if we hadn't, there's nobody there to get on the end of them.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm not going to get involved in a McGinn debate here, but Scott McTominay has performed at a higher level than he has.

That is irrefutable.

Thus far yes. McGinn has played over 250 games in his career. McTominay has played less than 50. McGinn has been exceptional for Villa.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How can you not know who MacLean is? He was at Aberdeen for four season, played against Hearts about 10-15 times?

I don't get to see the games and I've as much interest in Aberdeen as I have about Albanian tennis.

Tell you what though.  If he was any good I would have heard if him.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Thus far yes. McGinn has played over 250 games in his career. McTominay has played less than 50. McGinn has been exceptional for Villa.

Against teams like Rotherham and Bristol City. While McTominay has played (and impressed) in the Premier League and Champions League. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't get to see the games and I've as much interest in Aberdeen as I have about Albanian tennis.

Tell you what though.  If he was any good I would have heard if him.

Do you not have Hearts World or anything?

He is good. That’s why he got a move to Norwich and has helped them get promoted to the EPL.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Against teams like Rotherham and Bristol City. While McTominay has played (and impressed) in the Premier League and Champions League. 

Litmus test coming up with them both in the EPL next season.

cardboardcutout

Brophy looks a little out of his depth tbh. Crying out for a centre forward with some physical presence and mobility 

SpruceBringsteen

Folk can keep saying McGinn is quality for Villa, but it's not going to change the fact that he's been utterly dugmeat every single second he's been capped in a Scotland shirt.

Diadora Van Basten

Is McTominay actually any good? He gets the odd game for Man U but I would prefer Armstrong over him.

Brophy has been anonymous.

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Folk can keep saying McGinn is quality for Villa, but it's not going to change the fact that he's been utterly dugmeat every single second he's been capped in a Scotland shirt.

True

Portable Badger

New manager, new optimism and same old shite.

Amazing that someone of Robertson's undoubted quality and yet playing among  huddies he looks crap at times tonight. Maybe if Martin had better players around him he couldn't have been a world beater !!  Thankfully we'll never know 

Jamboelite
10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

McGinn has been a standout and deserves to be there for consistent performance while McTominay has had some good games against top class players  but i would say he hasnt played enough to be noted as a consistent high EPL performer.

You can make a case for both.

I truly f-ing hate Sky sports, condescending f#€k nuts. 

The language they use seems like they truly enjoy Scotland f-ing up. 

Jamboelite
Just now, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

New manager, new optimism and same old shite.

Amazing that someone of Robertson's undoubted quality and yet playing among  huddies he looks crap at times tonight. Maybe if Martin had better players around him he couldn't have been a world beater !!  Thankfully we'll never know 

I dont think Robertson has looked crap.

The fact there is no one positioned to be on the end of his deliveries is a worry.

Meh 1st half.

Badly lacking a CF who can cause the defenders problems. 

Delivery needs to be better, killer ball is lacking. Forrest in particular has been disappointing. Fraser & Robertson linking really well but not creating any real chances.

Midfield ok but need to be more positive on the ball and get further forward. Would bring Armstrong on

Not enough players getting into the box, midfield a bit anonymous. Left wing play has been good though.

Need a change in midfield and up top.

Samuel Camazzola

This would have been the ideal game for a smaller ground like Tynecastle or Easter Road. Hampden is so depressing. I think the England game two years ago is the only time in recent memory where it had an atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

I truly f-ing hate Sky sports, condescending f#€k nuts. 

The language they use seems like they truly enjoy Scotland f-ing up. 

Yup, it’s not like Scotland behave like that when England **** up.

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

I dont think Robertson has looked crap.

The fact there is no one positioned to be on the end of his deliveries is a worry.

Some positional and tackling deficiencies tonight - maybe crap is harsh.  Let's say 'he looks ordinary' tonight.  I agree regards players on the end of his crosses though.

Just now, kila said:

Not enough players getting into the box, midfield a bit anonymous. Left wing play has been good though.

Need a change in midfield and up top.

Scottish football has lost the simple art of pass and move. It’s pass and stay still.  

Players can’t take the ball under pressure and still play a good pass. However, there’d probably be no one looking for it anyway. 

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

McGinn has been a standout and deserves to be there for consistent performance while McTominay has had some good games against top class players  but i would say he hasnt played enough to be noted as a consistent high EPL performer.

You can make a case for both.

And Kenny MacLean? Don't think I heard his name in the first half.

Just now, iantjambo said:

Difference is its not professional commentators taking the piss, is it?

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

What's that got to do with Sky Sports?

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

This would have been the ideal game for a smaller ground like Tynecastle or Easter Road. Hampden is so depressing. I think the England game two years ago is the only time in recent memory where it had an atmosphere. 

Had some atmosphere when Ryan Edwards scored ...

Time to see how Clarke is as a manager, as it's clearly not working.

See if he is big enough to sub Brophy.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Had some atmosphere when Ryan Edwards scored ...

True. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Time to see how Clarke is as a manager, as it's clearly not working.

See if he is big enough to sub Brophy.

This. 

Still not pressing them as a pack.

KyleLafferty

Clearly this team is going to take more than a weeks work. Damage has been done by previous managers bringing zero young players through. 

We must press. We simply aren't good enough yet to invite any opposition onto us.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Clearly this team is going to take more than a weeks work. Damage has been done by previous managers bringing zero young players through. 

Maybe but the 11 on the pitch are under performing so far tonight.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

That’s blatantly not true. Souttar, McKenna, Tierney, McGinn, Robertson, Paterson and McTominay were all capped under the previous managers. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Being outplayed by a feckin holiday island. 

What a load of utter tripe.

That made me laugh.

Belgium game should be interesting...