Lithuania v Luxembourg - blasts from the past

andythejambo

andythejambo

Just watched the highlights of their Euro qualifier - couple of ex Jambos featured. Miko, who appeared to be playing full back, was sent off, and Novikovas scored a late equaliser. Lithuania ended up with 9 men, after a second red in stoppage time.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Players not good enough when they were here. 

But of course somehow great players people want back.

I liked both of them. Novi for his ball to Kyle and Miko for scoring the winner in the Gordon / Sheils derby.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mikoliunas (or at least his late 2000s version) would be, by some distance, our best player if we had him in our squad. 

Brighton Jambo
16 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Mikoliunas (or at least his late 2000s version) would be, by some distance, our best player if we had him in our squad. 

No he really really wouldn’t.  He wasn’t even a guaranteed first choice, him and chesny were always battling for that spot.  Also in no world ever is he a better player than Naismith.  

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No he really really wouldn’t.  He wasn’t even a guaranteed first choice, him and chesny were always battling for that spot.  Also in no world ever is he a better player than Naismith.  

Naismith isn't a Hearts player. 

Салатные палочки
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They were two of the better Lithuanians we had IMO. I liked Miko but he took a lot of shite off our media and referees. 

I liked Miko a lot but he was very inconsistent. A lot of the time it seemed he was only in the team because he was Lithuanian. When he first came to us, though, he was brilliant.  And that goal against Hibs ?

I follow miko on Instagram.He seems to be doing good at the moment.His team won the league,just unfortunate he wears green.Given the size of him now he could be good for us but at 35 some may think hes too old.

6 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Both him and chesny were cracking players on their day, but ultimately consistency cost them.

They 2 battled for one spot on the right because we had Driver on the left. FWIW, i actually thought Chesny was better.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Peebo said:

Nah. Exciting talent but very poor judgement and decision making. He was a very good impact player but not much more IMO. 

Miko chesny and novi would all be our best wingers by a country mile right now. That’s maybe a bit harsh on mulraney but he’s not been performing well for long enough to count him as good yet. 

letsalldothebeattie

I loved Miko & Chesny just unfortunate at the time they were battling for one spot give Driver on the other side

7 hours ago, Peebo said:

Aye he is streaks ahead of Naismith right enough. Can tell that by their respective careers eh!

frankblack
10 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Aye he is streaks ahead of Naismith right enough. Can tell that by their respective careers eh!

Naismith isn't currently a Hearts player.

Novikovas has got better since he left us, he'd stroll in to our team these days on ability but maybe not with Levein as manager.

Mikey you are quite dippit when it comes to assessing players, both were decent on their day and could cross a ball unlike most of our current squad.

Nobody mentioned wanting them back or is this a dig at Walker hopefully coming back.

Miko will always have a place in my Heart for that Derby winner in Boxing Day 2006.

Followed it up with a belter against Celtic a few weeks later too iirc

Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Miko will always have a place in my Heart for that Derby winner in Boxing Day 2006.

Followed it up with a belter against Celtic a few weeks later too iirc

Two absolute cracking goals. 

Miko was a good wee player. 

Think he got Hearts as well better than a lot of our foreign players did. 

Would have Novi back any day. Quick & Skillful with a decent cross plus he looks to have kicked on since leaving us and would bring a bit of experience with him.

Miko was also a great wee player on his day but at 35 he would be a bit too old for my liking

Brighton Jambo

Personally just never really got the whole Miko thing.  In 2006 he was easily the weakest of our midfield of Rudi, Hartley, Aguiar, Brellier and I also thought Chesny was slightly better.  

The following season Driver kicked on and was better than him.

he had a bit about him which people liked but he was an average player.  

jock _turd

It is all about perspective BUT when I look back at some of the players some people said were shite and I look at some of the absolute dross that is out there in a Hearts shirt on a Saturday now I genuinely LOL

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Two absolute cracking goals. 

Miko was a good wee player. 

Think he got Hearts as well better than a lot of our foreign players did. 

I would agree with that. We had some absolute dross during the Vlad years but he was definitely one of the better imports 

The Old Tolbooth
11 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Miko sent off you say? Who was the linesman ?

Andrius Davisauskas, what are the chances? ?

ToadKiller Dog

Miko would likely have developed into a real gem of a player for us if it hadn't been for Davisgate, that set his development back, refs never let him breathe after that day , followed by the disgusting xenophobic shit he faced after he dared to dive at Hampden, calls for him to be deported etc. . 

Lots of time for Noddy, 

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Naismith is not a Hearts player. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Andrius Davisauskas, what are the chances? ?

Limited. Wouldn't be a Lithuanian linesman in an international. 

Sorry to be a terrible pedantic prick  :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Naismith not a Hearts player. Even more pedantic. 

Novikovas has been impressive any time I see him for Lithuania. 

I think it may be some time before we ever see another Lithuanian player. Which is a shame, it wasn't their fault and most of them worked hard 

1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

It is all about perspective BUT when I look back at some of the players some people said were shite and I look at some of the absolute dross that is out there in a Hearts shirt on a Saturday now I genuinely LOL

Indeed. I wasn’t actually a big fan of Miko. As said, he was possibly the weakest component of that team. But that team was really, really excellent. The best Hearts team I’ll see in my lifetime. 

The standard of our current squad is really poor, in comparison. Who do we have who is better than him? Naismith has been the outlier, but right now he is not our player. 

54 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Naismith is not a Hearts player. 

Pedantry at its best. 

He has been in the squad for the past 18 months. And is due to sign for us permanently in a few weeks. 

12 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Pedantry at its best. 

He has been in the squad for the past 18 months. And is due to sign for us permanently in a few weeks. 

Hardly pedantry. When I made my original statement, it was based on comparing Miko with the players we currently have. If it’s players we currently have plus those it seems we’ll inevitably have next season, then it fundamentally changes the comparison.

Is the Miko we had better than the Naismith we’ve had on loan and will likely sign for next season? Absolutely not. Is he better than anyone else we have? Yes, in my opinion. 

Edited by Peebo

Just now, Peebo said:

Hardly pedantry. When I made my original statement, it was based on comparing Miko with the players we currently have. If it’s players we currently have had plus those it seems we’ll inevitably have next season, then it fundamentally changes the comparison.

Is the Miko we had better than the Naismith we’ve had on loan and will likely sign for next season? Absolutely not. Is he better than anyone else we have? Yes, in my opinion. 

I suppose it depends by what you mean by better. If we had to make a trade I wouldn’t swap and in form Miko for Souttar. Think Souttar will go on to have a better career, but difficult to compare as obvi they play completely different positions.

Calebs Grandad
13 hours ago, andythejambo said:

Just watched the highlights of their Euro qualifier - couple of ex Jambos featured. Miko, who appeared to be playing full back, was sent off, and Novikovas scored a late equaliser. Lithuania ended up with 9 men, after a second red in stoppage time.

I await the new thread asking if we would have them back ?

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Personally just never really got the whole Miko thing.  In 2006 he was easily the weakest of our midfield of Rudi, Hartley, Aguiar, Brellier and I also thought Chesny was slightly better.  

I think the problem for Miko and

Chesney was that whoever was on the left had Takis behind them and if they were on the right they had Robbie. Slightly different players to link up with wouldn’t you agree ??

Phil Dunphy

Novikovas was an absolute shitebag, but he was, and is, a much better player than Morrison or Mulraney.

Every time I hear of Novikovas, I just think of the thread on here from way back about a guy screaming out his window at him after a defeat. 

And the assist on New Year 2011

The Old Tolbooth
22 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Limited. Wouldn't be a Lithuanian linesman in an international. 

Sorry to be a terrible pedantic prick  :lol:

You pissed on my chips you big bully :( 

?

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I loved Miko. He was treated appallingly by the media and officials in this country after his dive at Hampden. Mind the game at Tynie he came on as a sub and within 30 seconds gave away a free kick, and the ref booked him for "persistent fouling". It was ridiculous, the crowd were going daft and then everyone started to sing his name. He looked devastated and big Zal had to come over and put an arm round him. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 07/06/2019 at 19:19, Mikey1874 said:

Nonsense.

Bridge of Djoum
15 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Novikovas was an absolute shitebag, but he was, and is, a much better player than Morrison or Mulraney.

Agree on Morrison.

Mulraney is showing incredible potential, finally. He'll be key for us next season.

Rocky jamboa

We did very well out of the Lithuanian link up - miko, noviokas, Chesney, big zal, jankauskas and velicka were all very good for us. 

upgotheheads

Velicka; that was a weird situation when he left us for a Norwegian club then signed for Rangers a few months later. I always assumed it was some kind of Romanov dodgy deal.

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Agree on Morrison.

Mulraney is showing incredible potential, finally. He'll be key for us next season.

While I agree Mulraney is starting to improve massively, we definitely need some quality out wide.

Novikovas has quality, we've seen that before.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

While I agree Mulraney is starting to improve massively, we definitely need some quality out wide.

Novikovas has quality, we've seen that before.

Juanjo, Chesney, Miko, Novi, Mulraney.

All our wingers have been intermittent. Most wingers are, I suppose. I'd love to see us with 2 fast, wide players and a big laddie feeding off the crosses.

Something like Ripley, Wilcox and Shearer at Blackburn. 

Madjambo21
On 08/06/2019 at 11:13, Brighton Jambo said:

What happened to Driver.

Remember him playing in the USA and Holland but nothing after that.

Does he even still play?

Cant be that old

Brighton Jambo
18 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

What happened to Driver.

Remember him playing in the USA and Holland but nothing after that.

Does he even still play?

Cant be that old

He was playing in the Dutch Eredivisie for the last couple of seasons but not sure if still there