Random Players that Suddenly come into your Head for no Apparent Reason

Craig Herbertson

millerjames398

Enzo fracescoli the uruguayan playmaker from the 86 world,,,maybe because its a quality name for a player not sure, but he pops into my head from time to time??‍♂️?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• martoon

• Beast Boy

• Bridge of Djoum

Once a season my mates asks what was the name of the French full back ,think he was Adams brother in law.

we struggle then....

Fabien Leclercq  

The Internet

Adriano, the one that played for inter for a few years. Often wonder what might have been, could have been the best ever. 

14 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Was it not Mark Gavin?

When I think of Mark Gavin, Steve Penney and Aidy Boothroyd also come to mind. Proof we didn't start making dodgy signings in the last few years. They'd all make a crap signings 11 from the late 80s to mid 90s, along with the likes of Davie Kirkwood and Brian Hamilton who cost us a fair bit of cash.

Although Boothroyd's goal is up there with Besja's cross and El Hass's reverse pass in the list of Hearts players who only ever did one memorable thing.

Edited by Guest

Steve Banks just came to mind. My mate got his towel after a game, think it was st mirren at home, season we finished 8th. He's not even a hearts fan, hes rangers but came to the game with me.

Jim Cowell, but only cause he used to work in a different department from me at my old work. Too young to have seen him play, wouldn't have actually known he had played for Hearts if someone didn't tell me. 

Matej Rapnik, Branimir Kostadinov and Dumitru Copil. Also Larry Kingston but that's cause I was obsessed with him back when he first signed.. ?

Not so much randomly popping into my head, but I always get a kick out of seeing that Flávio Paixão is a consistently good performer in the Ektraklasa. 24 goals in 71 games for Śląsk Wrocław, and 41 goals in 113 games for Lechia Gdańsk.

Always loved that Flávio and his twin brother Marco would team up - literally - and played at several clubs together.

I was on holiday in Poland last year, and he popped up doing an interview on one of the Sports channels.  Was a bit of a "wtf" moment, especially as he also speaks pretty good Polish!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2019 at 14:01, TheStig said:

Steve Banks just came to mind. My mate got his towel after a game, think it was st mirren at home, season we finished 8th. He's not even a hearts fan, hes rangers but came to the game with me.

i like the quiz question of what player has 3 scottish cup winners medals with 3 different clubs, never played in any of the finals and none were with OF clubs

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i like the quiz question of what player has 3 scottish cup winners medals with 3 different clubs, never played in any of the finals and none were with OF clubs

What was his other club? Hearts and Dundee United... 

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

St Johnstone. Unused sub in all 3 finals. 

Just now, Teej1874 said:

St Johnstone. Unused sub in all 3 finals. 

Cheers mate. Didn’t remember his time there. What a bloody unique career that guy has had. Add GK coach at womens’ World Cup finals to the list. Love the unorthodox paths like that. ?

16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

StJohnstone? I don't know either but guessing.

Edit.....guessed correctly lol

Edited by GYL

Ashley Smith Brown. Everyone so often I remember he was a Hearts player, then quickly forget about him again. 

colinmaroon
On 07/06/2019 at 20:46, martoon said:

Billy Higgins. 

Way before my time but my GP is a dead ringer for Billy in his playing days. 

I can still see Billy striding through the Celtic midfield at Tynecastle in 1964. (4-2)

Stephen Muddie

I was just sitting doing nothing in particular there and suddenly, like an epiphony from above, the name came into my head:

Craig Nelson.

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

It one that would have the majority of people scratching their heads at.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

I can still see Billy striding through the Celtic midfield at Tynecastle in 1964. (4-2)

He appears to have been a very good player in a very successful Hearts side. Doesn't seem to get the same retrospective recognition of others from those days. 

Perhaps that was the case at the time, too?

Craig Herbertson
On 11/06/2019 at 08:47, BarneyBattles said:

Paddy Crossan. Gassed twice, owner of Paddy’s bar Rose st and self proclaimed ‘most handsome man in the world’.

Paddy comes into my head when I think of the great history of our wee club

Thought about Hjalmar Thorarinsson the other day. Googled him and discovered that he’s been dating a woman who is half a century older than him for the past couple of years.

Only thing of note that he did was score against Motherwell at Easter Road in the Jamie McAllister semi.

On 24/06/2019 at 21:33, Zaba said:

Thought about Hjalmar Thorarinsson the other day. Googled him and discovered that he’s been dating a woman who is half a century older than him for the past couple of years.

Only thing of note that he did was score against Motherwell at Easter Road in the Jamie McAllister semi.

Just googled it and saw. :lol:

Google her name there's photos of them together. Bizarre.