Martin gone

JamboAl

Stephane Grappelli
6 hours ago, tian447 said:

This thread has gone to shit.  As usual, thanks to certain posters who like to post utter nonsense as if it were fact. 

Can't wait for the football season to start again, might reduce the amount of trolling that is going on.

*might*

I think more threads get ruined by people who read something they don't like or don't agree with and accuse whoever posted it of "trolling".

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephane Grappelli

• graygo

• Mr Elwood P

• Whatever

Mr Elwood P
6 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

By your logic, maybe, but your logic has no value.

If someone tells them their date of birth do you not accept it as fact unless they show you their birth certificate?

Case closed.

Date of birth is probably the least logical example you could possibly have used. How many kids lie about their date of birth to attempt to buy alcohol or get into clubs? Does the bouncer accept their date of birth as fact? No, he demands to see their ID. The ID provides irrefutable evidence and as such makes their  DOB a fact. Probably better to actually be able to prove your point, instead  of just saying ‘case closed’, as if it somehow validates your argument. 

Stephane Grappelli
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Date of birth is probably the least logical example you could possibly have used. How many kids lie about their date of birth to attempt to buy alcohol or get into clubs? Does the bouncer accept their date of birth as fact? No, he demands to see their ID. The ID provides irrefutable evidence and as such makes their  DOB a fact. Probably better to actually be able to prove your point, instead  of just saying ‘case closed’, as if it somehow validates your argument. 

Alright, birthday then.  If someone at work brings in boxes of stuff from Greggs because it's their birthday I bet you won't partake of even the tiniest morsel of a pink jammy or a delicious yum yum until they've shown you their birth certificate, passport or driving licence.

If you meet a fellow Jambo and they say they're a season ticket holder you probably demand on the spot that they show you their season ticket card otherwise you don't believe them.

Case closed.

Mr Elwood P
41 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Alright, birthday then.  If someone at work brings in boxes of stuff from Greggs because it's their birthday I bet you won't partake of even the tiniest morsel of a pink jammy or a delicious yum yum until they've shown you their birth certificate, passport or driving licence.

If you meet a fellow Jambo and they say they're a season ticket holder you probably demand on the spot that they show you their season ticket card otherwise you don't believe them.

Case closed.

The only thing you have closed is any lingering doubt that you know what a fact is. Neither of those examples are facts either. 

Try this another way:

I was born in 1972.

I have 3 kids.

I earn a six figure salary. 

Which of these are facts?

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The only thing you have closed is any lingering doubt that you know what a fact is. Neither of those examples are facts either. 

Try this another way:

I was born in 1972.

I have 3 kids.

I earn a six figure salary. 

Which of these are facts?

Yea but who are you committing adultery with ?

And , does your missus know ?

TommiGronlund

I'm hoping they release Brandon soon, hopeless at full back..... Would rather another youngster got a chance... I actually prefer godinho to him it's that bad 

16 minutes ago, TommiGronlund said:

I'm hoping they release Brandon soon, hopeless at full back..... Would rather another youngster got a chance... I actually prefer godinho to him it's that bad 

Full of promise but recently just seems intent on getting sent off

TommiGronlund
42 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Full of promise but recently just seems intent on getting sent off

That aswell..... Just get rid.... Surely we have a few more decent prospects at full back in the academy? 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Why on earth is Malaury Martin In this photo?

A8291ABA-6F04-4632-91CD-142380AA3F30.jpeg

:random:

🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

3 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

It's the Football achievers awards and he received one for managing to get paid for so long doing so little..fantastic example for the modern footballer

Just now, CJGJ said:

It's the Football achievers awards and he received one for managing to get paid for so long doing so little..fantastic example for the modern footballer

Beat me to it by seconds 😂 great minds tho

Jean Louis Valois

I wonder what he added to the conversation when all those legends were chatting about their amazing Careers. His failed 6 month loan deal at Dunfermline maybe?

If it is him (which I doubt) he is dressed like he is in a Shawaddywaddy tribute act.

Edited by i8hibsh

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If it is him (which I doubt) he is dressed like he is in a Shawaddywaddy tribute act.

He was in Hong Kong recently but you’re right, must be a look alike. 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Martin standing next to football royalty and Steve McManaman. 

:wtf:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

He wore that suit at the Players awards ceremony. It must be photoshopped onto a picture from this event (surely 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔). I can’t see it on Puyols twitter feed either.

https://champions-speakers.co.uk/news/champions-win-contract-chinese-government-football-achievers-awards-2019/

Edited by Pasquale for King

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He wore that suit at the Players awards ceremony. It must be photoshopped onto a picture from this event (surely 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔). I can’t see it on Puyols twitter feed either.

https://champions-speakers.co.uk/news/champions-win-contract-chinese-government-football-achievers-awards-2019/

It is Martin it was all over his Instagram very strange. Must have a good agent 

Guest ToqueJambo

This is so bizarre. He does seem to have been training the kids and attending the awards with Gullit, Matheus, McManamen, Kahn and Puyol.

He seems to be mates with the guy who runs 'Notari', some Monaco based fashion brand that's sponsoring this, so I guess he's just there on a jolly as part of his sponsors table and got roped into the coaching as part of it?

It's still totally surreal seeing him alongside Pirlo and Gullit though. I hope he's regaling them with tale of the famous JTs. 

Edited by Jamboross

Jean Louis Valois
5 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

He was in Hong Kong recently but you’re right, must be a look alike. 

It’s 100% him

Reckon Pirlo could be the midfielder we’re after! And he’d still be miles quicker than Martin ever was 😁

9 hours ago, indianajones said:

One of the strangest photographs ever posted into the internet. 

🤣 🤣 🤣 

10 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

3 World Cups, 10 European Cups and 4 European Championships between the 7 of them. 

Jean Louis Valois
6 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

3 World Cups, 10 European Cups and 4 European Championships between the 7 of them. 

You missed out a penalty against Raith Rovers in that list

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It’s not him 

Midloth_Iain

piled the pounds on, his jacket isnt able to close properly .....

he probably organised the event

49 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Reckon Pirlo could be the midfielder we’re after! And he’d still be miles quicker than Martin ever was 😁

Got that look on his face(Pirlo) he’s let a bit gravy through onto his skegs after an Exchange and Mart.

Whats with the joggie style suit troosers though? Looks terrible. Bet the suit is still worth a couple of grand though. 

Edited by Debut 4

10 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I wonder what he added to the conversation when all those legends were chatting about their amazing Careers. His failed 6 month loan deal at Dunfermline maybe?

😄

1 hour ago, Pagey said:

He didn't need to be quick. He just sprayed the ball around when he was regista at Juve. Could still probably play now if he wanted.

Edited by steven_mck

brunoatemyhamster

He's trying the Simon Brodkin thing since his football career stalled. 

Unless he's been doing it since he started? 

That actually makes sense now that I think about it. 

We've been had. 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

It is Martin it was all over his Instagram very strange. Must have a good agent 

Yeah I found photos of the event but it wouldn’t let me share them,I’ve asked him why he was there 😃

letsalldothebeattie

Love how when you translate Puyols Instagram post it says “what do you think of this team” he’s clearly never seen the Martin we saw 

Captain Sausage

Evidence if needed that it’s not what you know, but who you know. 

Nepotism rules the world. 

26 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Definitely a clever bit of photoshopping.

It’s not photoshopped, he’s coaching over there and that picture above is on Puyol’s own Instagram.

Edited by SteauaNeedarest