Aberdeens New Ground

bigdav

Just gone past where their new stadium will be. Middle of nowhere. Yes will be well served by the new by-pass but nothing around. Worse than McDiarmid if that's possible. Totally selling their soul. Just reminds me how glad I am we're still in Gorgie ?

Jambo, Goodbye

Is there anything around Pittrodie? I've never been,  but it doesn't sound as if it's in a good location either,  going by what I've read about it ?

8 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Is there anything around Pittrodie? I've never been,  but it doesn't sound as if it's in a good location either,  going by what I've read about it ?

It's a 10-15 minute walk from Union Street.

Edited by graygo

At least Pittodries in the city and theres plenty pubs on the way. The nearest pub to the new one is about half a mile away and is attached to a Premier Inn so its a family place.

14 minutes ago, kila said:

To be fair it is worth making money from Pittodrie before it is under water

GMS would've been happy.

Jambo, Goodbye
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's not too shabby. 

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

That's not too shabby. 

The walk to the new stadium woul dbe 1 hour 54  minutes according to google

That's very shabby, as would my shoes be if I  do it

Inch Hearts

Pittodrie is a dumb.  They are going to make a lot of money moving and already are through investments and corporate chances.  Half their new stadium will be paid by investors because commercially outside the city centre it’s still very attractive and profitable.  Do you think Aberdeen will care that there’s no train station for away fans?  Do you think the city itself will be better off with massive car parking for the old firm to come and visit?  There’s a reason lots of investors have already started pumping money into them in recent years.  It’s a world away from Milne having it all and not wanting to spend.  He will be bought over and get his money back selling flats to students on the land the stadium is in. 

Still rather go to a ground thats got character. Fester Road might be a hovel but at least its in the city. Its part of the whole day. Going to your usual pubs,chippys etc. This place looks like one of Milnes new housing estates that pop up from nowhere. Plenty sheep around though so the home fans will be happy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Training ground has come on a fair bit lately. 

Sadly have to pass every day 

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Training ground has come on a fair bit lately. 

Sadly have to pass every day 

Look on the bright side - plenty opportunities to bury that old Hearts top you’ve got lying at the back of the cupboard under their spiffing new 5-a-side pitch ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
53 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Look on the bright side - plenty opportunities to bury that old Hearts top you’ve got lying at the back of the cupboard under their spiffing new 5-a-side pitch ?

I'd have to scale the fence 

:muggy:

I’m sure it’s well documented but what is the reason they can’t spend 15m redeveloping Pittodrie? 

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, campbell said:

I’m sure it’s well documented but what is the reason they can’t spend 15m redeveloping Pittodrie? 

Global warming.

21 minutes ago, campbell said:

No reason, just like there was no reason we couldn't stay at Tynecastle. It's a property deal disguised as a football decision.

queensferryjambo

Pittodrie was great when we got the beach end and we used to take up good crowds.

Total shite since we got moved into that fenced off pen in the corner :(

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Pittodrie is a dumb.  They are going to make a lot of money moving and already are through investments and corporate chances.  Half their new stadium will be paid by investors because commercially outside the city centre it’s still very attractive and profitable.  Do you think Aberdeen will care that there’s no train station for away fans?  Do you think the city itself will be better off with massive car parking for the old firm to come and visit?  There’s a reason lots of investors have already started pumping money into them in recent years.  It’s a world away from Milne having it all and not wanting to spend.  He will be bought over and get his money back selling flats to students on the land the stadium is in. 

You are more optimistic about this gigantic white elephant than you are about Hearts, mate. ?

3 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

3 hours ago, graygo said:

And 20/25 minutes walk to / from the train station 

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

The walk to the new stadium woul dbe 1 hour 54  minutes according to google

That's very shabby, as would my shoes be if I  do it

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You are more optimistic about this gigantic white elephant than you are about Hearts, mate. ?

White elephant is right. Aberdeen have just had their best 5 or so year spell in ages and their crowds are still embarrassing compared to us and Hibs, despite them being a one-club, very rich city. They'll never have as good a spell. In fact the slide has already started. if 6th was bad for us, 4th was even worse for them, considering their budget.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

White elephant is right. Aberdeen have just had their best 5 or so year spell in ages and their crowds are still embarrassing compared to us and Hibs, despite them being a one-club, very rich city. They'll never have as good a spell. In fact the slide has already started. if 6th was bad for us, 4th was even worse for them, considering their budget.

Tend to agree. I think their biggest worry is the costs running out of control though. I think they’ll end up tenants there, and the investors will end up owning it. 

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Tend to agree. I think their biggest worry is the costs running out of control though. I think they’ll end up tenants there, and the investors will end up owning it. 

Aberdeen seem to have lots of money flooding in. It's the fan experience that I think will suffer. You can't beat inner city grounds with a connection to their neighbourhoods. But maybe lots of them drive there anyhow and don't bother going to the city, who knows?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Aberdeen seem to have lots of money flooding in. It's the fan experience that I think will suffer. You can't beat inner city grounds with a connection to their neighbourhoods. But maybe lots of them drive there anyhow and don't bother going to the city, who knows?

Can’t see these investors wanting to pick up the tab for the stadium and get nothing in return. If it runs massively over budget, I think it’s soapy bubble for them.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It's Wierd.