Do we need another keeper....?

Section Q

Bazzas right boot

Doyle to go. 

Bobby preferably as back up. 

Gordon would be Likley as good as we'd get, although the rangers number is someone I've alway thought would be good. Very Unlikely tho. 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Doyle to go. 

Gordon would be Likley as good as we'd get, although the rangers number is someone I've alway thought would be good. Very Unlikely tho. 

McGregor?

Brighton Jambo

Yes, I think Bobby is okay but in our two biggest games of the season he made huge mistakes. 

Gorillajam

Most definitely yes. Daniel Bachmann will end up on loan in England after his successful spell at Killie. Personally I like Zander Clark and St Johnstone but he'll cost a fee. Liam Kelly was another however he looks like he may play in the English Championship next season with QPR. Doyle and Zlamal are not good enough. I'd like to see us potentially signing a goalie on loan this summer from a top English side - Both Aberdeen and Killie having had success in the loan/goalie market.

I get a strong feeling that Gordon will be coming.  I expect he would love it if he still has the passion for playing.

Would imagine he is very wealthy and money wouldn't be a big issue.

As ever, time will tell.

Would be better though if we have another gem coming through the ranks.  We're good at goalies.  FF will have an idea.

alwaysthereinspirit

I'd rather we dont take a goalie on loan. Ever. I like the goalie position to be filled by a player committed to the team and fans 100%. 

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I'd rather we dont take a goalie on loan. Ever. I like the goalie position to be filled by a player committed to the team and fans 100%. 

agreed

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

McGregor?

Missed out 2, Fodderingham, name came to me. 

22 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yes, I think Bobby is okay but in our two biggest games of the season he made huge mistakes. 

This is where I am.  I like him but don't fully trust him.  

fabienleclerq

We have one average keeper in Bobby and Doyle really doesn't look good enough imo. 

Probably do, yeah. 

On a side note, did anyone else read the thread title in their heads like Tina Turner singing the first line of the chorus in Thunderdome?

Gordon was great in his day ,not for me now I'm afraid . 

Definatley need another goalie though , with Bobby as back up . 

We absolutely need a new keeper. Both Doyle & Zlamal are pretty poor. 

Zlamal makes some really good stops, but he has also made atleast 5/6 mistakes that have massively contributed to losing games. 

Ideally id like to sign an experienced keeper and a younger deputy, that can take over.

Cruyff Turn
36 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Agreed.

We need a keeper who will be a long term option between the sticks. Gordon is too old. Liam Kelly would be decent.

I quite like Bobby mind you, I think he’s a pretty decent keeper. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Gordon was great in his day ,not for me now I'm afraid . 

Definatley need another goalie though , with Bobby as back up . 

Totally agree 

Jamboscanbevicius

It was rumoured a couple of weeks ago that Rangers were interested in Bachmann.

Looked good at Killie and would be a good signing for us IMO. However I don't think we will be in for him.

Inch Hearts

Someone like Bachmann would be fantastic.  Aberdeen seem to nail it these days in the same way Yogi used to get outstanding goalies at Falkirk.  Our 2 are not good enough. 

I think we need a new first choice goalkeeper, Doyle and Bobby make far too many high profile errors although I would keep Bobby for a back up.

I would be happy with Bachmann or Gordon.

Hectormasson

Most definetly, nothing personal against Bobby,,but in my opinion hes not commanding enough, hearts have had some decent goalies ,and I think we need to invest again in one, take Craig Gordon back , or maybe look around English lower or scandic leagues for someone?

Jambo 4 Ever
22 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Why ?

Better than what we have and he’s a legend for us

what do you think?

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I get a strong feeling that Gordon will be coming.  I expect he would love it if he still has the passion for playing.

Would imagine he is very wealthy and money wouldn't be a big issue.

As ever, time will tell.

Would be better though if we have another gem coming through the ranks.  We're good at goalies.  FF will have an idea.

Who are the gems we have had coming through the ranks?

You're not going back to Cruikshank are you?

Edit: Facepalm for me, forgot about MacDonald and Gordon.  :facepalm: 

Edited by graygo

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Who are the gems we have had coming through the ranks?

You're not going back to Cruikshank are you?

Cruikie came from Queens Park.

Edited by John Findlay

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Cruikie came from Queens Park.

Did he? I've edited my post - I thought we got MacDonald from Queens Park as well but we had loaned him to them.

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did he? I've edited my post - I thought we got MacDonald from Queens Park as well but we had loaned him to them.

Was there with Alex Ferguson in 1959.

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

We'd have won the cup with a better keeper so a definite yes.

Arguably we would have won it with Doyle. He’s not up to scratch really, but I honestly don’t think he’d have made the mistake Zlamal did for the penalty. 

Cant recall there being another save to make. Pretty blameless at the second, albeit I think he made up the strikers mind sprinting out as he did. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

:spoton:

The two we have are simply not good enough.

It's all very well being a good lad and being good at stretching but I would rather have a number one that I can trust and not have a twitching sphincter in big games. 

Craig Gordon would fit the bill for me.

Craig Gordon is no better with crossballs than Doyle or Zlamal. It's  always been his weakness despite being 6ft 3 tall. You have to ask why Bain and the Dutch guy ahead of Gordon at Celtic? Neither of them are great keepers.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:spoton:

The two we have are simply not good enough.

It's all very well being a good lad and being good at stretching but I would rather have a number one that I can trust and not have a twitching sphincter in big games. 

Craig Gordon would fit the bill for me.

Elequantly put. 

Gordon isn't great at cross balls either, but is less rash than Bobby. 

In our market, we won't get much better. 

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Craig Gordon is no better with crossballs than Doyle or Zlamal. It's  always been his weakness despite being 6ft 3 tall. You have to ask why Bain and the Dutch guy ahead of Gordon at Celtic? Neither of them are great keepers.

Because they are better with the ball at their feet according to Rodgers.

Also......the Dutch guy played a handful of games and got bumped after an error never to return.

Celtic won’t go with Bain as no.1 next season imo.

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Doyle to go. 

That's wherr I'm at. Bobby would make a dependable deputy but we need a proven keeper between the sticks.

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

this is we’re I'm at too.  Horrendous decision in the final. Sad as I do rate Bobby

The clamour for Craig Gordon somewhat amazes me. He is getting towards the end of his career, has had a few injuries and he would command a decent wage. Phenomenal keeper in his day but for me we need to be looking forward not back, the wages to bring Craig in for me would be better invested in a younger longer term prospect.