Lee Wallace to QPR.....

Section Q

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

:cornette:

What bit didn’t he do?

Make us big money?

sign for the biggest club in the country at the time and win trophies?

play for his country?

Made enough money to set himself up for life?

Yes he probably made a mistake staying in Glasgow but it’s telling he was at a level at a time he could and should have played in the EPL - something I’m sure Hickey would dream of doing in time.  Either that or earning a massive move back through to Glasgow. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robbo-Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Hickey wont play lots of games next season and neither should he. He needs to develop properly at the right pace. Garrucio is one who I think we could move on I just don't see enough in him doesn't drop clangers but is only a 5/6 out of 10 man. Burns is not a left back. White is a totally unknown quantity. So potentially we could go into next season without a reliable left back and Wallace could also have played in a 3 man defence as well as a wing back. Wallace with White and Hickey competing would be my ideal scenario. 

It would depend on what level Wallace can still play at because we already have a massive gamble in White who could end up pap because of all the injuries. 

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

What bit didn’t he do?

Make us big money?

sign for the biggest club in the country at the time and win trophies?

play for his country?

Made enough money to set himself up for life?

Yes he probably made a mistake staying in Glasgow but it’s telling he was at a level at a time he could and should have played in the EPL - something I’m sure Hickey would dream of doing in time.  Either that or earning a massive move back through to Glasgow. 

Affectionately referring to The Rangers as a massive club :cornette:   

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

They weren’t massive when they signed Lee?  Ok, let’s change that to a massively bigger club than our level then. 

Wash your mouth out with the affection part also, I meant business wise for a playing career.  I hate they *****.

Edited by Inch Hearts

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

They weren’t massive when they signed Lee?  Ok, let’s change that to a massively bigger club than our level then. 

Wash your mouth out with the affection part also, I meant business wise for a playing career.  I hate they *****.

Sounds like you do. 

Brighton Jambo

My take on it, seems like a backwards step given we have four potential left backs on the books.  But...

Garcuccio  - realistically wont play till Xmas and if we are being really honest hasn't set the place alight when he did play

White - hasn't played consistently for years due to injuries.  A real gamble for him to be our first choice option

Hickey - great prospect but he is 16 and needs to be managed carefully.  Not sure a club of our ambitions gets where we want to go next season with a 16 year old left back

Burns - Not sure he is a left back and as per above do we really progress with a young player shoe horned into a position that isn't natural.

So although it seems like a frustrating waste of money I do believe Wallace would be a more reliable and solid option than all of the four listed above. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Sounds like you do. 

I’m ashamed that i’ve came across that way in that case then ?

Why have people got the seethe for Lee Wallace ? Really don’t get it. Can’t be just because he left Hearts surely tae **** ?? 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

You haven’t ??

Bad Religion
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Fair enough, apologies. I’ll untwist my undies. 

Inch Hearts
18 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Fair enough, apologies. I’ll untwist my undies. 

I

25 minutes ago, Hercules said:

You haven’t ??

:) 

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Couple of things. Wallace ain't coming back and Wallace is a prick ?

A couple of boys I know how been having some coaching done by him over the last six months and say he’s a brilliant guy with a good attitude. Not that I know personally and you probably are better to judge than me if you know him ?.  Much less of a gamble brining him back than signing Aidy White and I wish him luck away from the huns.  Made us money at a time we really needed it too. 

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

A couple of boys I know how been having some coaching done by him over the last six months and say he’s a brilliant guy with a good attitude. Not that I know personally and you probably are better to judge than me if you know him ?.  Much less of a gamble brining him back than signing Aidy White and I wish him luck away from the huns.  Made us money at a time we really needed it too. 

Couple of boys ??? Lee is and always has been a *****. Loved the time he turned up for the 2012 final demanding his mates got in without a ticket

Robbo-Jambo
55 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

My take on it, seems like a backwards step given we have four potential left backs on the books.  But...

Garcuccio  - realistically wont play till Xmas and if we are being really honest hasn't set the place alight when he did play

White - hasn't played consistently for years due to injuries.  A real gamble for him to be our first choice option

Hickey - great prospect but he is 16 and needs to be managed carefully.  Not sure a club of our ambitions gets where we want to go next season with a 16 year old left back

Burns - Not sure he is a left back and as per above do we really progress with a young player shoe horned into a position that isn't natural.

So although it seems like a frustrating waste of money I do believe Wallace would be a more reliable and solid option than all of the four listed above. 

Reliable and solid. 

Don't know about that he is very injury prone and hardly played in the last 2 years. 

Another risk it would be IMO. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Who would ever think we would be saying we are well covered at left back after the last few years!! 

Burns isn’t a left back, Garuccio is out until next year, White hasn’t kicked a ball since January 2017 and Hickey is 16. Smith/Brandon and Godhino can play there too. Well covered yes, not sure if any of those 7 are first choice though.

Strange signing for QPR. They have some brilliant young talent who were getting game time last season. I can only think Warburton wants some experience that may have some decent coaching potential.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Agreed but Wallace hasn’t played much in two years due to being injury prone, has never learnt to defend and undermined his last two managers. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Strange signing for QPR. They have some brilliant young talent who were getting game time last season. I can only think Warburton wants some experience that may have some decent coaching potential.  

I wonder what other ex players he will go for, are Weir and his eh em chief scout £??$???? there too?

SpruceBringsteen

I hope the QPR version of Kickback has the Cornette, because they absolutely need it right now if that's true.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Burns isn’t a left back, Garuccio is out until next year, White hasn’t kicked a ball since January 2017 and Hickey is 16. Smith/Brandon and Godhino can play there too. Well covered yes, not sure if any of those 7 are first choice though.

Yeah agree, see my second post 4 hours ago. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Must say I am mildly surprised that quite a few people aren't seeing Hickey for what he is. Left back is not the engine room, he is 17 very soon, 3 years, 100 games, sell to the EPL for a fortune.

2 footed players with composure, ability to drift past a man, and we aren't going to play him because he is too young?

I can understand him dropping out over the season for a couple of breaks, but really, if he is not starting, I feel I am being cheated. Best left back at our club in years

Inch Hearts
37 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Couple of boys ??? Lee is and always has been a *****. Loved the time he turned up for the 2012 final demanding his mates got in without a ticket

Ok, a couple of footballing friends I’ve known for years and are still playing at a level Lee is coaching at. 

Robbo-Jambo
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Must say I am mildly surprised that quite a few people aren't seeing Hickey for what he is. Left back is not the engine room, he is 17 very soon, 3 years, 100 games, sell to the EPL for a fortune.

2 footed players with composure, ability to drift past a man, and we aren't going to play him because he is too young?

I can understand him dropping out over the season for a couple of breaks, but really, if he is not starting, I feel I am being cheated. Best left back at our club in years

Gary Naysmith was a first team regular at 17 years of age and Hickey has already played in a cup final against Celtic as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Gary Naysmith was a first team regular at 17 years of age and Hickey has already played in a cup final against Celtic as well.

Exactly, never looked back, if you can play in a cup final, I really don't see why we should be holding back as long as he is fit, at full back I think you have a better chance than in the centre of the midfield. Which is why I find our left back luck ridiculous

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hickey isn't a left back either as I understand it, he came up as a right back and Celtic converted him to central midfield. 

He's naturally two footed so we had no fears about playing him at left back, but as far as I know it's not his normal position despite what his performances so far suggest. 

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Naysmith was almost 18 when he made his debut in a cup match.  It was the following cup winning season he became a regular. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Naysmith was almost 18 when he made his debut in a cup match.  It was the following cup winning season he became a regular. 

"a cup match" - only one of my favourite ever games that!

Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Fair enough but you know what I mean.

He was still a young lad. :wink:

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Fair enough but you know what I mean.

He was still a young lad. :wink:

I know :) can just remember his debut! Very unexpected win. 

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

"a cup match" - only one of my favourite ever games that!

I know! That’s how I remember it.  

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yeah agree, see my second post 4 hours ago. ?

Sorry I jumped in without getting to the last page, I having a total mare today tbh ?.

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I know :) can just remember his debut! Very unexpected win. 

One nil league cup win against Celtic after extra time, Robbo the scorer. IIRC :jiggy:

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry I jumped in without getting to the last page, I having a total mare today tbh ?.

No problem mate. :wink:

My second post I kind of changed my opinion to the first post !!!

Not having the best of days myself either. :cornette_dog:

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think most of the coaches believe this too, I was told in February that they thought he was the best LB at the club and the idea was always to give him a run at the end of the season. Not sure if the cup final was in the plan at that time.

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

One nil league cup win against Celtic after extra time, Robbo the scorer. IIRC :jiggy:

First year I had a season ticket back in the days when played for the school on a Sat morning then off to the football and no Sunday lunchtime games so played boys club for two teams then. Great times.

Robbo did score was a school night so I didn’t get to go, live on sky stayed up late! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
40 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hickey isn't a left back either as I understand it, he came up as a right back and Celtic converted him to central midfield. 

He's naturally two footed so we had no fears about playing him at left back, but as far as I know it's not his normal position despite what his performances so far suggest. 

Playing at left back for Scotland 

GorgieFifeLife
3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

It would depend on what level Wallace can still play at because we already have a massive gamble in White who could end up pap because of all the injuries. 

Yeah your right.  If he can still cut it in Scotland he would he good option for us but he would have to prove it.  In any case it looks like he is going to a very high level which is a big surprise.

Inch Hearts
16 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yeah your right.  If he can still cut it in Scotland he would he good option for us but he would have to prove it.  In any case it looks like he is going to a very high level which is a big surprise.

What I don’t get is people turning their noses up at a guy who was like a rolls Royce of a left back for us (still remember his fantastic debut at Killie) made great money but now he could be passed it while at the same time saying Garuccio is of an acceptable standard and willing to wait and see what the gamble of Aidy White is going to be like when he was last playing for then released st a lower level than Wallace is going to now.  Chances of Lee pissing the Championship next year (Kenny Mckean and Banjo boy stood out ffs) White being crocked and shite and the same people saying there was no way we could have afforded him anyway this time next year? 

Inch Hearts
20 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Also, we seem to be in the market to sign players who perhaps may be at a higher level but for injuries and it very rarely works out.  Can hardly see White being told he must prove himself or Martin when signed for 4 years. Lee for a year or two is much less of a gamble.  We write off six months at a time for the likes of Vanacek, Akkwaa... the guy from Holland who never got fit ever and others yet here’s Lee Wallace, best player when fit and just because he’s been sitting it out at the huns he’s no longer good enough - prime example of turning noses up in same circumstances and even less talent than LW - Templeton, “no danger want him back he’s shite and finished” a year later wanting him back again.  Same folk saying Temps and Wallace would Ben shite and finished think it’s a no brainer to sign Ryan McGowan again based on zero. 

GorgieFifeLife
26 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Also, we seem to be in the market to sign players who perhaps may be at a higher level but for injuries and it very rarely works out.  Can hardly see White being told he must prove himself or Martin when signed for 4 years. Lee for a year or two is much less of a gamble.  We write off six months at a time for the likes of Vanacek, Akkwaa... the guy from Holland who never got fit ever and others yet here’s Lee Wallace, best player when fit and just because he’s been sitting it out at the huns he’s no longer good enough - prime example of turning noses up in same circumstances and even less talent than LW - Templeton, “no danger want him back he’s shite and finished” a year later wanting him back again.  Same folk saying Temps and Wallace would Ben shite and finished think it’s a no brainer to sign Ryan McGowan again based on zero. 

Yes I think we take bigger risks on players who have a lesser pedigree than Wallace and others you mention.  I think we need more proven players in a smaller squad rather than loads of punts on players with few games under their belts.  We cant afford to make a mess of our recruitment again next season.

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Totally agree. 

I heard a guy talking about Ajax on the radio the other night and he was saying the best way to compete when on a money deficit to your competition is to throw your youth players into the 1st team squad and those that are good enough will flourish and come through the sticky patches. I think our reluctance to make the young lads first team players is contributing to a number of seemingly highly rated ones fading away after age 19/20. Get them in the team.

De Ligt is 19 and has played 77 times for the Ajax first team.

Edited by Taffin

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Playing at left back for Scotland 

:facepalm:

I'm having a mare with the young players recently

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Totally agree. 

I heard a guy talking about Ajax on the radio the other night and he was saying the best way to compete when on a money deficit to your competition is to throw your youth players into the 1st team squad and those that are good enough will flourish and come through the sticky patches. I think our reluctance to make the young lads first team players is contributing to a number of seemingly highly rated ones fading away after age 19/20. Get them in the team.

De Ligt is 19 and has played 77 times for the Ajax first team.

Absolutely. May sound callous but these guys are not going to be at Hearts when they find something better,  seems a waste to save their legs for someone else 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:facepalm:

I'm having a mare with the young players recently

To be fair several have mentioned his versatility. Old head on young shoulders he will do for me 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

They are bigger than us 

upgotheheads

Their support is bigger, but  t

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

They are bigger than us 

Their support is bigger, but  they're moral, cultural  and sporting pygmies.