• Inch Hearts

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Robbo-Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Maroon Sailor

Thought it was a bit left field but forgot the Bread man is in charge there now

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

he would have done a good job for us - don't you think so too?

Wallace or Kelly? Kelly would, Wallace not so sure 

Edited by HMFC 86

3 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Wallace (as it says in the thread title)

See my edited post above

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Aaron Hickey or Lee Wallace?

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Wallace (as it says in the thread title)

No need to be so snappy. ?

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

We have Garuccio, White and Hickey

That keeper is nothing special either.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Wallace with Hickey playing some of the time and in cups perhaps

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

White and Garrucio, we need to spend our budget wisely and further forwards. Wallace is the past, though still a good player, he should not be anywhere near the top of our priorities

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The keeper reminds me a bit on McGovern, will be lost down there, nowhere near big enough or dominant, but will earn a nice wage I'm sure. End of the day, its a job.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don't forget Bobby Burns.

Roland Rat
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I reckon Hickey could be the closest thing to Gary Naysmith we've seen in 20 years 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Yes, him too.

We cannot throw money at a position we appear to be adequately catered for.

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Who would ever think we would be saying we are well covered at left back after the last few years!! 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes, him too.

We cannot throw money at a position we appear to be adequately catered for.

This time last year I'd have jumped at the chance to take Wallace back, but as you said we really don't need him.

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

What you doing with Garuccio and White?

Jamboscanbevicius
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Who would ever think we would be saying we are well covered at left back after the last few years!! 

We are only well covered if we can get White fit though. Garuccio is still out for months, Burns does not look comfortable at LB and Hickey (whilst a prospect) is still only 16 and can’t be played every week!

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What you doing with Garuccio and White?

They might not even be fit and no idea how good White is yet

1 minute ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

We are only well covered if we can get White fit though. Garuccio is still out for months, Burns does not look comfortable at LB and Hickey (whilst a prospect) is still only 16 and can’t be played every week!

49 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Hasn't kicked a ball consistently at a decent level in years. No thanks. 

Dagger Is Back
34 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

This is where I'm at too. Too much expectation being placed on the young lads shoulders already IMO

44 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

QPR must be desperate.

I believe they are really struggling financially/meeting FFP so would expect any of their incoming business this summer to be free's or <1m players. I'd not be surprised to see one or two of the players released by Brentford ending up at QPR.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Yeah get that,  but at least we are trying to rectify a long term problem. Although if White doesn't get fit over the summer and depending on Garruccios progress we might need to get someone in. 

Hickey won't be played every week but if can handle a cup final against Celtic he is a real prospect. 

Gary Naysmith was a regular at 17 years old remember. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Holyrood_Hearts

I’m astonished some fans would want Wallace given he’s barely kicked a ball in 2 seasons. He’s not good enough for us now nevermind the Championship.

Old Warbs will be sacked by Christmas  

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No. He’s played 1 season for top flight football in 7 years & barely kicked a ball in the last 2 of those. Plus he won’t be cheap & we have 3 LB’s already on the books.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Hickey is miles ahead of Burns in his development.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Can't  be any worse than Doyle.

itsnomarooned

Financially you'd imagine this is a superb move for Wallace at this stage of his career. In my opinion he should have jumped from Rangers years ago, a la Naismith, as I reckon he would have had a very good career in England.

16 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Financially you'd imagine this is a superb move for Wallace at this stage of his career. In my opinion he should have jumped from Rangers years ago, a la Naismith, as I reckon he would have had a very good career in England.

Hmm unsure, QPR are strapped for cash so I doubt they are giving him big bucks.  The cost of living in London for something comparable to what he has just now will be quadruple too.  Think he is a good player but the English Championship is big step up to what he's been used to for his whole career and he hasn't kicked a ball for 2 years so  I would think it is a big risk compared to a say a longer contract at a Hearts, Aberdeen or Hibs.  He may not of had any suitable interest north of the border though!

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That keeper is by far and away better than the gash we currently have. 

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Never a left back. Midfield or left wing maybe. Jury still out on him. 

Inch Hearts
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

He could learn a whole lot from Lee Wallace.  Hickey isn’t going to be a first team regular next season in any case. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He could learn a whole lot from Lee Wallace.  Hickey isn’t going to be a first team regular next season in any case. 

Apart from the growing he has to do, see no reason why he shouldn't be. To be honest, and I don't say this flippantly, I think there are quite a few players in our team who could learn a whole lot from Aaron Hickey. I've genuinely seen enough already to realise this is a massive talent on our hands.

8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He just needs look at Wallace's career to learn alot. I would rather hickey learned from someone that has actually played at a decent standard their whole career.

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Apart from the growing he has to do, see no reason why he shouldn't be. To be honest, and I don't say this flippantly, I think there are quite a few players in our team who could learn a whole lot from Aaron Hickey. I've genuinely seen enough already to realise this is a massive talent on our hands.

Fair enough.  I just don’t see Levein over using the laddie, there is already huge expectations now hanging over his shoulders. 

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He just needs look at Wallace's career to learn alot. I would rather hickey learned from someone that has actually played at a decent standard their whole career.

Or he could learn from Wallace what it takes to get himself to a level for a big money move away from hearts and play for a massive club, international football and kick on from there by possibly learning from any mistakes Wallace made. 

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Or he could learn from Wallace what it takes to get himself to a level for a big money move away from hearts and play for a massive club, international football and kick on from there by possibly learning from any mistakes Wallace made. 

this

GorgieFifeLife

Hickey wont play lots of games next season and neither should he. He needs to develop properly at the right pace. Garrucio is one who I think we could move on I just don't see enough in him doesn't drop clangers but is only a 5/6 out of 10 man. Burns is not a left back. White is a totally unknown quantity. So potentially we could go into next season without a reliable left back and Wallace could also have played in a 3 man defence as well as a wing back. Wallace with White and Hickey competing would be my ideal scenario. 

9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Wallace hasn't played for a massive club. He went to rangers then played in the lower leauges for years. He would be as big a risk as white is and we cant afford to have 2 players that have hardly played in the last few years. Anyway unless Tierney and Robertson both retire from international football I dont think theres much hope for any left backs to get a cap. 

Bad Religion
16 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

:cornette:

Inch Hearts
Just now, Herbert said:

Wallace hasn't played for a massive club. He went to rangers then played in the lower leauges for years. He would be as big a risk as white is and we cant afford to have 2 players that have hardly played in the last few years. Anyway unless Tierney and Robertson both retire from international football I dont think theres much hope for any left backs to get a cap. 

He played in the lower league for 4 years and yes he did go to a massive club, won trophies and set him up for life.  He’s without a doubt the best fullback the club has produced in the past 15-20 years.  We seem contempt to take a gamble on a boy who was okay for Leeds about five years ago and has been injured the majority of that time including now.  Wallace is also looking like going away to play at a higher level than us regardless.