Milinkovic maybe......?

Section Q

2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Yeah, it's looking that way. 

I can't believe there's not a better option than Walker. He looked disinterested in the last 6 months or longer before he left and has done nothing since at Wigan or Peterborough. 

I can see why it would be a fantastic move for him, but I'm not sure how it would benefit us, especially given his injuries. 

I'll support him like any other Hearts player, but I have serious misgivings about him coming back. Hey-ho, we will see I suppose, and I'd be over the moon if I'm wrong.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• Kiwidoug

A motivated Jamie Walker, like the one we had early in his career, would be a good signing. The half interested Jamie Walker we had when he left, not so much. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, red said:

Noticed he posted a picture of a newborn baby draped in a Hearts top on Instagram today. No idea how to put it on here ?

Who?  Malinki or Walker?

Very interesting either way.

I think that's just great.  Amazing how Hearts really connect with overseas guys.  That picture convinces me that he wants to come back.  Whether we want him is another matter but I suspect we do.  And Dunne.  And Walker.

I'm on a roll now.

Bazzas right boot

Funny how fans react to players. 

Both walker and Milinkovic have similar goal scoring rates for us although walker done it over far longer. 

Ones a Hearts fan but many do not want him back as he's perceived to be a wee turncoat and was whoring himself to rangers and think he'll do it again. 

Milinkovic binned us as soon as a no mark English club flashed thier knickers yet folk don't care about that. 

Both would improve us, injuries  imo are the biggest concern with walker. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Both walker and Milinkovic have similar goal scoring rates for us although walker done it over far longer. 

Ones a Hearts fan but many do not want him back as he's perceived to be a wee turncoat and was whoring himself to rangers and think he'll do it again. 

Milinkovic binned us as soon as a no mark English club flashed thier knickers yet folk don't care about that. 

Or, maybe some of us just rate Milinkovic as a superior player who brings more to the team and works hard? ??‍♂️

I'd like to see Walker back on a 2 year deal.  It's the surname that does it for me.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Or, maybe some of us just rate Milinkovic as a superior player who brings more to the team and works hard? ??‍♂️

Would agree with that ! Walkers attitude last few months were a total disgrace 

44 minutes ago, red said:

Noticed he posted a picture of a newborn baby draped in a Hearts top on Instagram today. No idea how to put it on here ?

Screenshot_20190616-200132_Instagram.thumb.jpg.36ff25216a630b98a71fac1ad3d95162.jpg

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I'd like to see Walker back on a 2 year deal.  It's the surname that does it for me.  

Such strong family ties to Hearts. You’d expect someone with those sort of ties to come out with something like Dave MacKay did when a pundit foolishly made a comment about there not being any doubt who he would be supporting, before a North London Derby. Everyone is different though, so maybe not.

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I don’t think it was his attitude just that he wasn’t very good.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree but before that he was up there with Paterson.

Does anyone know if AB and CL are on holiday?  Doubt if much will happen if they are.  In fact I doubt if much will happen till the end of the month.

Halket is a great start though and I'm confident that we will build a much stronger squad in the summer, including our promising youngsters.

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Yep, can definitely do better than him. 

3 or 4 quality additions,  plus Naisy staying and more game time to the young lads, if they're physically up to it, as they seem to have the ability 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Maybe, but most posters reference or have in the past referenced the rangers thing. 

Also it's not a close thing, some are almost aghast at the possibility of walker, I think he'd improve us. 

I also think Milinkovic would improve us. 

The stats show that both are similar. 

The difference for me is Walkers injuries, he seems more and more injury prone. 

In Walkers relatively Injury free seasons before his Last showed he was, at least in terms of goals and assists more effective than Milinkovic. 

Both done nothing last season. 

Apparently according to wiki walker is at celtic ? anyway. 

Not sure why walker gets a rather hostile reception while Milinkovic is lauded as a cult hero. 

Both couldn’t wait to Leave us imo. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Disagree! Before the rangers interst he was playing brilliant 

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think he had lost a yard of pace and didn’t  look any better when he played for Wigan than he did when he was supposedly not trying for Hearts.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think he had lost a yard of pace and didn’t  look any better when he played for Wigan than he did when he was supposedly not trying for Hearts.

We'll agree to disagree on that then 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He never recovered from his injury. 

Aye, and the speculation clearly didn't help. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Maybe, but most posters reference or have in the past referenced the rangers thing. 

Also it's not a close thing, some are almost aghast at the possibility of walker, I think he'd improve us. 

I also think Milinkovic would improve us. 

The stats show that both are similar. 

The difference for me is Walkers injuries, he seems more and more injury prone. 

In Walkers relatively Injury free seasons before his Last showed he was, at least in terms of goals and assists more effective than Milinkovic. 

Both done nothing last season. 

Apparently according to wiki walker is at celtic ? anyway. 

Not sure why walker gets a rather hostile reception while Milinkovic is lauded as a cult hero. 

Both couldn’t wait to Leave us imo. 

I think he’s an absolute pen15 for his behaviour when the Hun were sniffing about. A total *****. That’s one issue, but far from the main one.

I said many many times when he was here and when we were trying to sign him up permanently, that I rate Milinkovic very highly, and if we got him on a three year deal then I could see him helping us lift silverware, and potentially becoming a Hearts legend. Walker? Used to be good, then whether through injuries or attitude or a combination of both, he became a complete waste of a jersey. 

21 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Walker threw the dummy out and ended on a really sour note. He was our player, he had come through the ranks. Milinkovic was a foreigner who came to Hearts on a loan for a season, then went with a better offer in England.

To be honest, I would take both back. They a pair of different personalities, and I think this time would be more mature and focused. They've tried the money chasing going south route and failed (albeit while lining their pockets). But at Hearts they were something, they meant something.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He never recovered from his injury. 

Aye, and the speculation clearly didn't help. 

Was more an attitude problem for me hense wouldn't want him back I'm a hearts Jersey 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think he’s an absolute pen15 for his behaviour when the Hun were sniffing about. A total *****. That’s one issue, but far from the main one.

I said many many times when he was here and when we were trying to sign him up permanently, that I rate Milinkovic very highly, and if we got him on a three year deal then I could see him helping us lift silverware, and potentially becoming a Hearts legend. Walker? Used to be good, then whether through injuries or attitude or a combination of both, he became a complete waste of a jersey. 

Aye, you've always liked Milinkovic. 

Guess, back to my original point, folk seem far more forgiving of Milinkovic rejecting us for Hull over Walker who went to Wigan. 

Talent is open to opinion. 

Milinkovic over last season walker for me. 

Walker in the previous 3 seasons over Milinkovic, but the margin is smaller. 

It does look like Injuries have caught up with walker. 

Both would add goals and creativity to us tho, so I guess we'll see. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, kila said:

Walker threw the dummy out and ended on a really sour note. He was our player, he had come through the ranks. Milinkovic was a foreigner who came to Hearts on a loan for a season, then went with a better offer in England.

To be honest, I would take both back. They a pair of different personalities, and I think this time would be more mature and focused. They've tried the money chasing going south route and failed (albeit while lining their pockets). But at Hearts they were something, they meant something.

Yip, I'm here as well. 

They'll both play thier best with us. 

Also add tho, 

If it's a foreign player moving from us, it's just a professional player maximising his earning. 

If it's a Hearts fan, came through the ranks, gave us 4/5 seasons he's a wee judas, turn coat etc. 

Double standards imo and kind of my earlier point. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Clerry Jambo
41 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Give me Milinkovic over Walker every day of the week.

Entitled to your opinion Mothy but mine is Jamie would out score and provide more assists than your guy. 

18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does anyone know if AB and CL are on holiday?  Doubt if much will happen if they are.  In fact I doubt if much will happen till the end of the month.

Halket is a great start though and I'm confident that we will build a much stronger squad in the summer, including our promising youngsters.

Craig was in today and took in an under 12s match at the oriam and was on his phone quite a bit while watching the game, off topic but the under 12s were brilliant today and gave Inverness a thrashing the future is maroon HHGH!. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Craig was in today and took in an under 12s match at the oriam and was on his phone alot while watching the game, off topic but the under 12s were brilliant today and gave Inverness a thrashing the future is maroon HHGH!. 

On our behalf, couldn't you have been an absolute nuisance and pestered him to tell you who he was talking to?  

Well done the U12s.

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Entitled to your opinion Mothy but mine is Jamie would out score and provide more assists than your guy. 

All about opinions, as you said. ?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The previous stats would back that up, also Likley to stay longer. 

Think injuries could be the factor tho, are walkers best days behind him v minlkovic performing as he did in his only season with us. 

I'm with you, a fully fit walker is a very good player at this level, a game changer imo. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Reality is,  if you perform you are popular, even  if you eat babies. If you don't you get slated, even if you're a saint 

I can already see Waker knocking a double against Hibs.  That's what 20/20 vision does for you.

The frustration is that we can speculate and postulate all we like.  Hearts may not be remotely interested in either of them.

I strongly suspect we will be interested in Dunne though but no idea if he'll be available or even want to come back.

All of you who go to games seemed to be very impressed with him and that's what I'm basing my comment on.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I can already see Waker knocking a double against Hibs.  That's what 20/20 vision does for you.

The frustration is that we can speculate and postulate all we like.  Hearts may not be remotely interested in either of them.

I strongly suspect we will be interested in Dunne though but no idea if he'll be available or even want to come back.

All of you who go to games seemed to be very impressed with him and that's what I'm basing my comment on.

Would love to see Jimmy Dunne back but can't see it unfortunately 

Mr Elwood P
34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Pretty sure Walker will be back. We couldn’t even keep Jimmy Dunne past January, no chance he will be back. We have also replaced him with Halkett now.

46 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

His derby performances are one of the big factors in me not wanting him back tbh. Dunne Id have back in a heartbeat.

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Pretty sure Walker will be back. We couldn’t even keep Jimmy Dunne past January, no chance he will be back. We have also replaced him with Halkett now.

If an offer came in for Souttar, that allowed us to spend a bit of cash on uplifting the whole squad, then I’d at least want us to test the water with Dunne.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

His derby performances are one of the big factors in me not wanting him back tbh. Dunne Id have back in a heartbeat.

If an offer came in for Souttar, that allowed us to spend a bit of cash on uplifting the whole squad, then I’d at least want us to test the water with Dunne.

We’d probably need to sell our whole squad to buy Jimmy Dunne from Burnley. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Do you think so? I didn’t think they seemed too bothered about him. How long does he have left on his contract?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Agreed, Dunne is out of our budget atm. 

Mr Elwood P

Do you think so? I didn’t think they seemed too bothered about him. How long does he have left on his contract?

Not sure on length of his contract but he’s broken into the Republic of Ireland squad and is signed to an EPL team so probably worth about £10m in the inflated English market. Even if he was available at the end of his contract I don’t think we could match the wages of any other club that was after him.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not sure on length of his contract but he’s broken into the Republic of Ireland squad and is signed to an EPL team so probably worth about £10m in the inflated English market. Even if he was available at the end of his contract I don’t think we could match the wages of any other club that was after him.

I get all that mate. Just doesn’t look like he’s fancied at Burnley, and his loan to League 1 Sunderland wasn’t a roaring success either. Factor in his age and him being a fledgling international, and needing games to cement that status, then I wonder if it’s not as outlandish as you reckon? There would need to be interest from a Championship club for that to be likely, and maybe Sunderland has put a few suitors off? If his contract is up soon, then I’d be keen for us to at least enquire, if we sold Souttar for a decent sum. 

Mr Elwood P

I get all that mate. Just doesn’t look like he’s fancied at Burnley, and his loan to League 1 Sunderland wasn’t a roaring success either. Factor in his age and him being a fledgling international, and needing games to cement that status, then I wonder if it’s not as outlandish as you reckon? There would need to be interest from a Championship club for that to be likely, and maybe Sunderland has put a few suitors off? If his contract is up soon, then I’d be keen for us to at least enquire, if we sold Souttar for a decent sum. 

I reckon he’s a good bit better than Souttar so if we get a big offer for him I think Jimmy Dunne will be in demand as well.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I reckon he’s a good bit better than Souttar so if we get a big offer for him I think Jimmy Dunne will be in demand as well.

Could be right there. Just toying with the idea tbh. He seemed to love it here, and might see a move as a good sideways step to move on up afterwards. If his contract is up soon, I suspect he might consider it. 

17 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Agreed, Dunne is out of our budget atm. 

I liked Dunne but do we really need him?  We've got Berra, Souttar, Halkett and Dikamona plus Smith and Haring can cover in CD if things get desperate injury wise.  I'm just wondering if the cost could be better used in MF or for a winger.

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This is kinda where I'm at with it. Reckon we'd need to offer him pretty significant wages, but I think a gentlemans agreement about selling him on again when an offer that interests him comes along could make things easier to get him. 

At the end of the day, you don't ask you don't get. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I liked Dunne but do we really need him?  We've got Berra, Souttar, Halkett and Dikamona plus Smith and Haring can cover in CD if things get desperate injury wise.  I'm just wondering if the cost could be better used in MF or for a winger.

We would be silly to turn down the chance to sign Dunne if we had the chance. Dunne Halkett and Souttar as a back 3 would be solid and having someone like Berra and Dikamona as back up would give us the strength in depth we miss in key positions.