• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• Notts1874

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, stan said:

Is there a known reason he can't get a game for Hull?

Better players ahead of him.

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Click on their name to go to their profile page. There's a wee symbol of a clock with a circular arrow going anticlockwise beside their user name. Click on that and a window should open showing their display name history.

That’s the kind of sensible answer I was after. Thanks.  

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Better players ahead of him.

Was he only ever signed as a squad player, or did he just not kick on as anticipated?

Genuine question- I lost all interest in him when he left Hearts.

He had such an elongated introduction to our team and never entirely established himself as a first pick that I was surprised that a team with Hull's budget were ever interested.

His attitude was questioned by the manager at hull if I recall. He had to work hard to get in and about the squad again but don't think he showed enough to get regular game time

Mr Elwood P
50 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Click on their name to go to their profile page. There's a wee symbol of a clock with a circular arrow going anticlockwise beside their user name. Click on that and a window should open showing their display name history.

No luck. Couldn’t see any wee clock?

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

People happy for Walker to come back but saying no to Skinny, really?? 

:facepalm:

Walker was much more consistent and better for us for longer.

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I was Glib and Shameless Crier.

Roland Rat

Milinkovic was a hard working type but rarely beat a man 

Maybe we should look beyond players who've played for us before. Particularly those who've been part of nothing more than mid table mediocrity 

Wouldn't entertain Walker either for much the same reason 

1 minute ago, Roland Rat said:

Milinkovic was a hard working type but rarely beat a man 

Maybe we should look beyond players who've played for us before. Particularly those who've been part of nothing more than mid table mediocrity 

Wouldn't entertain Walker either for much the same reason 

Strange, not how I remember him at all. I saw him beat his man so often, I nearly reported him for domestic abuse.

Roland Rat
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Strange, not how I remember him at all. I saw him beat his man so often, I nearly reported him for domestic abuse.

A different opinion is strange? Fair enough man. We all see things differently 

More a perspiration over inspiration type in my eyes 

Roland Rat
1 hour ago, stan said:

Is there a known reason he can't get a game for Hull?

Not being good enough would be my best guess 

Just now, Roland Rat said:

A different opinion is strange? Fair enough man. We all see things differently 

More a perspiration over inspiration type in my eyes 

Apologies. I could have phrased that better. All I meant was it is strange how people can see things so differently about the same player. ✌️

Roland Rat
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Apologies. I could have phrased that better. All I meant was it is strange how people can see things so differently about the same player. ✌️

That's the beauty of football isn't it. We really need to improve massively on the last 2 years. In my view that means looking at better than we've endured in that period. Milinkovic and Walker coming back turns the clock back rather than looking at options that can improve us 

Unless of course we have sections of our support for whom finishing 6th, some 16 points off minimum expectation is acceptable 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I doubt he wants to come back and I doubt we would pay what he wants in any case.

Just don't realistically see this 

I wonder how Milinkovic , Lafferty and McLaughlin feel about their decisions to leave Hearts? Could add Jimmy Dunne to that list as well I suppose. Four very good players who, if retained, would have had a very positive impact on our season. 

1 minute ago, Roland Rat said:

That's the beauty of football isn't it. We really need to improve massively on the last 2 years. In my view that means looking at better than we've endured in that period. Milinkovic and Walker coming back turns the clock back rather than looking at options that can improve us 

Unless of course we have sections of our support for whom finishing 6th, some 16 points off minimum expectation is acceptable 

I don’t want Walker back either. I’m disappointed that he seems to be coming back. 

I like Milinkovic as a player though. My memories of watching him were of a player who would come back in to midfield and win the ball back for us when we lost it. He would also harry opponents the way Edwards does, but unlike Edwards, he had the skill to then beat a couple of players at a time, and either find another Hearts player with a through ball, or create a chance for himself. He tracked back, but as soon as he won the ball back, all he was interested in doing was moving it back in the direction of the opponents’ goal. Quick feet, tricky, good shot on him. 

I don’t really see it as a backwards step either, as he would be coming in to a very different team to the one he left. I think he’d enhance it.

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I wonder how Milinkovic , Lafferty and McLaughlin feel about their decisions to leave Hearts? Could add Jimmy Dunne to that list as well I suppose. Four very good players who, if retained, would have had a very positive impact on our season. 

This is what depresses me most about Scottish football. It’s just the lack of money, that’s all there is to it. If we were able to offer more money, then players like them would not feel the need to go and play lower league football as often. Not all of them of course, but if we had been able to offer Championship wages, then I think Milinkovic and McLaughlin may have stuck around. Maybe not, but it’d be nice to be able to compete financially with these clubs and offer top flight football and a potential crack at Europe. :(

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Roland Rat
22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Probably see a significant upside in their take home in each case 

Not sure Jimmy Dunne goes from here. Decision to swap Hearts for Sunderland didn't work out so well.  Your career isn't in an upward trajectory when you are being given kept out of the team by Alim Ozturk 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Theres a wee icon next to their name if they have ever changed username. Not everyone will have it

10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Craig Levein seemed to think so given that he signed him on loan and then tried to get him on a permanent deal

Ah overlooked that. My memory is shot :sob:

johnking123
7 hours ago, Roland Rat said:

Not sure Jimmy Dunne goes from here. Decision to swap Hearts for Sunderland didn't work out so well.  Your career isn't in an upward trajectory when you are being given kept out of the team by Alim Ozturk 

Maybe get Dunne back if we sell souttar

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Milinkovic and Lafferty feel they're better and went for cash,  both served a healthy amount of realism. 

Dunne had no choice but would be disappointed. Jon had a strong season without the result but believe his choice may have been less materialistic. Missing them all though

Mr Elwood P
7 hours ago, sadj said:

Theres a wee icon next to their name if they have ever changed username. Not everyone will have it

A symmetrical icon?

Absolute Scenes
12 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Something......or more probably not.

so could be a possibility that maybe something could possibly happen, but probably its more likely its maybe not going to probably not happen, but still could maybe....?

been here before

My initial thoughs were 'aye, why not? Exciting player, a bit of pace and although has a tendency to float in and out of games, generally made a positive impact.

However if we look at the cliche analysis we only have 2..

15 hours ago, jr ewing said:

In a heartbeat. 

15 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

...in a heartbeat...

... which when you consider this thread is now 3 pages is a pretty poor return. So on the back of that I have to say, sadly, no.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

so could be a possibility that maybe something could possibly happen, but probably its more likely its maybe not going to probably not happen, but still could maybe....?

Maybe aye.....maybe naw?

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What i can tell u is both Lafferty and Milinković wouldn't say no to a Hearts Return and there agents have informed the club about there availability. 

17 hours ago, kila said:

I'd take him back

Imagine a front three of Mulraney, Uche and Milinkovic

Think I'd like a consistent goal threat in my front 3, and unfortunately you can't say that about any of these guys.

Having said that, I'd have him back too.

I'm going to keep bumping this thread just to keep Glib or whatever he calls himself now in hope......and then crush his dreams.

10 hours ago, Roland Rat said:

To be fair, Jimmy Dunne didn't have any say in the matter, and was told he was going on loan to Sunderland.

Given his displays and general emotion at Tynecastle, I bet he would have been more than happy to see the season out here.  

Roland Rat
12 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Think I'd like a consistent goal threat in my front 3, and unfortunately you can't say that about any of these guys.

Having said that, I'd have him back too.

Absolutely agree. Uche seems a cult hero to many fans. Certainly isn't his goalscoring prowess which endears him to some 

Roland Rat
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

To be fair, Jimmy Dunne didn't have any say in the matter, and was told he was going on loan to Sunderland.

Given his displays and general emotion at Tynecastle, I bet he would have been more than happy to see the season out here.  

Hadn't been a great career development move to go to Sunderland 

Surprised Jack Ross had the contacts to make it happen 

While all the talk is questioning his attitude at Hull he’s another one that seemed to feel at home with Hearts. 

On the face of it you could could never question his workrate. I thought he was one of few players with a football brain last season. One moment always sticks out for me was his lovely pass across Aberdeen’s backline for Naismith’s opener in a 2-0 win. 

I don’t think we have many players just now who’d attempt or would have the ability to try a pass like that.  Maybe not even see the chance to do it. 

We need to up our quality on the ball. 

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

People happy for Walker to come back but saying no to Skinny, really?? 

:facepalm:

I don't particularly want either back, but if you are comparing their contributions as a Hearts player then Walker is streets ahead, even if he did behave like an arse towards the end

Absolute Scenes
41 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What i can tell u is both Lafferty and Milinković wouldn't say no to a Hearts Return and there agents have informed the club about there availability. 

That is lovely as always Bongo

Now, with Lafferty, would Levein want to work with him again?

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would be delighted if both came back 

The Old Tolbooth
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

31 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I don't particularly want either back, but if you are comparing their contributions as a Hearts player then Walker is streets ahead, even if he did behave like an arse towards the end

No chance I'm agreeing with that one chaps, for me, Walker was a mercenary little over rated prick who couldn't wait to shoot along the M8 at the first sign of Rangers taking any interest, he hid in most of our big games as well. 

You might say the same about Skinny as well seeing as he turned us down for Hull City, but he had absolutely zero affinity to us, we only had him on loan for half a season (iirc), and he went where the wages were, I don't blame him for that, he also showed much more ability than Walker ever could when he was on his game, the trouble is that he sometimes didn't look too interested either. 

Both players at the top of their game, Skinny is the better player by a distance for me, can you ever see Walker attracting the attentions of a club like Genoa?

I'd rather not have either of them back if I'm being honest, we should be looking forwards, not backwards, and it's maybe a failing in our scouting team. 

53 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm going to keep bumping this thread just to keep Glib or whatever he calls himself now in hope......and then crush his dreams.

Bounder.

59 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Milinkovic - definitely

Walker - no thanks!

Me too. Sadly, I have an awful feeling we are getting the exact opposite of that.

Captain Canada
31 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Me too. Sadly, I have an awful feeling we are getting the exact opposite of that.

Yeah, it's looking that way. 

I can't believe there's not a better option than Walker. He looked disinterested in the last 6 months or longer before he left and has done nothing since at Wigan or Peterborough. 

I can see why it would be a fantastic move for him, but I'm not sure how it would benefit us, especially given his injuries.