Milinkovic maybe......?

Section Q

Rocky jamboa

I wouldn't break the bank for him but if we could get him on a reasonable deal then definitely. 

His performance v Celtic in the 4-0 game was phenomenal 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• Notts1874

1 hour ago, the general said:

I think we are aiming higher

I'm with you.  I know I'm the eternal optimist but I think we are in for very pleasant surprises on the transfer scene over the next few weeks.

We have money to spend and no outlay on a new pitch.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

A winger that can score and doesn't smash it in the mixer at every given opportunity?

You'd be incredibly daft not to want him back.

This. Every single day of the week.

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Not for me. We need to move on from likes of him and get better. 

He was different class with us the usual Problem played out of position 

Loved Milinkovic. Got the ball and always looked to drive forward. Exactly the type of positive attacking player we need.

johnking123
1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

The problem was he was caught out of position a lot. Like Mulraney was at the start of the season. Just seemed a bit of a headless chicken in most games I saw him.

If we ditched re-signing Walker in favour of Milinkovic, that’d be even better.

Phil D. Corners

I would take him back even on a loan. 

I’m just thinking how much he, or his agent, runined our signing plans last summer. The way he was talking it seemed a dead certainty he was joining before they got greedy.

We could of done with his goals and energy last season for sure. 

I still find it funny that he and his pals were posing in Hearts gear all summer for nothing. At least the club store made some money off him. 

stevie1874
27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm with you.  I know I'm the eternal optimist but I think we are in for very pleasant surprises on the transfer scene over the next few weeks.

We have money to spend and no outlay on a new pitch.

Don’t mean to put a dampener on things but we still have to finish the stand. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

He had a few good games and a few stinkers. 

Different class is a bit ott. 

I'd take him back as he'd improve us, but hopefully there is better out there. 

27 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If we ditched re-signing Walker in favour of Milinkovic, that’d be even better.

The name change confused me for a while.....Not now ??

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

?

Mr Elwood P
42 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

If he was 'different class', maybe he was played in the correct position? Just a thought.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

How do you find out what a posters previous username was?

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Still the same old pish.??

At least your pish is confined to one name ? As is mine before you start your nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I didn't have to look???

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

No thanks too many wingers at club, plus Walker coming home 

Eh? Wingers are the main area we need to strengthen.....

alwaysthereinspirit

Didnt he agree to sign for a certain amount then ask for more? If yes then a big olde no from me. Flattered to deceive most games. 

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I would play either him or Clare centrally, and the other wide right, depending on the formation and opponent. If the rumours about Walker are true, as they appear to be, then that won’t be possible. That’s what we will be doing with Clare and him, I would imagine. :(

You know this is why you finish bottom of fan leagues , predictor leagues but win at fifa (sometimes against novice)

44 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

No we need better, I hope we get another slow centre mid and shoehorn him out wide instead.

Yes we all know your hatred for Clare and his birthmark. No need to bring him into a discussion about Milinkovic. Started off positive aswell as I was away to say I agree as I think we need better. Both in level and in more importantly in attitude.

19 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Likewise then I read a post....

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Still the same old pish.??

Sums it up nicely

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

You know this is why you finish bottom of fan leagues , predictor leagues but win at fifa (sometimes against novice)

Yes we all know your hatred for Clare and his birthmark. No need to bring him into a discussion about Milinkovic. Started off positive aswell as I was away to say I agree as I think we need better. Both in level and in more importantly in attitude.

Sums it up nicely

You not got bits of metal to pick up, or whatever? 

11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You not got bits of metal to pick up, or whatever? 

Cast Iron mate , can’t call it metal you neanderthal!!! Not as if I go around lifting wee bit of alllooooominun up , occasional tyre maybe but mainly Iron , lots of Iron!!! Iron ??‍♂️ 

5BB35690-5E53-4A85-8773-7FB19015B89B.jpeg

Not this kind of iron 

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Cast Iron mate , can’t call it metal you neanderthal!!! Not as if I go around lifting wee bit of alllooooominun up , occasional tyre maybe but mainly Iron , lots of Iron!!! Iron ??‍♂️ 

5BB35690-5E53-4A85-8773-7FB19015B89B.jpeg

Not this kind of iron 

I can only assume this post is irony?

39 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wasn't going to say anything.

This is my 2nd incarnation though. I never started life as Barack.

How's things Acey?

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

I liked Skinny. Would he fit into a Craig Levein Hearts team? Would it cost a fee? What about compensation to his parent club? Need to consider that before anything.

Craig Levein seemed to think so given that he signed him on loan and then tried to get him on a permanent deal!

Geoff Kilpatrick

A classic example of a player who got better for us the less he played. Better than Morrison? Absolutely. However, I'd be looking for better than him.

loveofthegame
4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

No thanks too many wingers at club, plus Walker coming home 

Wait... what?! Too many wingers at the club?!

Wingers on books off top of my head Morrison, Moore, Zanatta,. McDonald and Mulraney.

I expect the fact there should be a chance of game time for a couple of them in the team that they will kick on, also with Walker on his way dream on if you think another wide player is coming. Skinny will be on bombs anyway which rules him out.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Wingers on books off top of my head Morrison, Moore, Zanatta,. McDonald and Mulraney.

I expect the fact there should be a chance of game time for a couple of them in the team that they will kick on, also with Walker on his way dream on if you think another wide player is coming. Skinny will be on bombs anyway which rules him out.

Release all of these and that creates the space for milinkovic.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Locky said:

As a player I agree, he'd be the perfect addition. A fast, direct wide man.

I do wonder though if his attitude and application leaves a lot to be desired.

That would be my concern. I'd be interested to see him brought back on loan again to see what sort of attitude he shows. Maybe he'll have learned some lessons from the last year.

55 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sums it up nicely

That was Cowie, Djoum, Lee and Bozanic I was talking about mate, you've started diving in a wee bit on that one these days.

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That would be my concern. I'd be interested to see him brought back on loan again to see what sort of attitude he shows. Maybe he'll have learned some lessons from the last year.

Hope not, he always gave everything on the pitch unlike the majority of his teammates.

6 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

That was Cowie, Djoum, Lee and Bozanic I was talking about mate, you've started diving in a wee bit on that one these days.

Yeah it really ****ing disgusted me but if thats the case on this one then I apologise. Logical to suggest Clare in the sense that he is pushed out wide in a top 3 and he has been most effective running from a more central position.

Tho as i said otherwise I agree I think we need someone with a better attitude than Milinkovic.

Edited by sadj

A_A wehatethehibs

He would be a good signing, a battler and a grafter who can cause defenders problems in this division. Never ever rated him as a championship level player but the type of guy who is suited to the Scottish game as he is a fierce competitor. If we can get him on loan for the season, he could be good value in terms of wages. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He would be a good signing, a battler and a grafter who can cause defenders problems in this division. Never ever rated him as a championship level player but the type of guy who is suited to the Scottish game as he is a fierce competitor. If we can get him on loan for the season, he could be good value in terms of wages. 

He’s unlike anything we currently have. A livewire. Gives you options if you can switch attacks from different sources. Mulraney’s pace, Milinkovic’s skill and endeavour, Naismith’s cleverness and Uche’s strength. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I doubt he wants to come back and I doubt we would pay what he wants in any case.

Just don't realistically see this 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Click on their name to go to their profile page. There's a wee symbol of a clock with a circular arrow going anticlockwise beside their user name. Click on that and a window should open showing their display name history.