Milinkovic maybe......?

Section Q

Would love to get Milinkovic back - he was excellent for us and what's even better is that he seems desperate to play for Hearts. Can guarantee he'll run himself into the ground for the team and that's exactly the kind of player we want right now. Give him the money we were offering Djoum. Would take Walker back too. And Lafferty for that matter, although ideally I'd like to see us bring in a slightly quicker striker who likes the ball at his feet and likes to run at defenders. Djoum can go for me - especially if he wants £9k a week. We could pay 3 half decent players with that money. I'd be quite happy having Haring and Edwards playing in centre mid, with Bozanic, Lee, Cochrane, Clare etc providing the depth.

Sign: Milinkovic, Walker, and a striker.

Get rid of: Wighton, MacLean, Djoum, Brandon.

Promote: Petkov, Hickey, Irving, Zanatta, Stone.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• Kiwidoug

Jambosteve1902
16 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Would love to get Milinkovic back - he was excellent for us and what's even better is that he seems desperate to play for Hearts. Can guarantee he'll run himself into the ground for the team and that's exactly the kind of player we want right now. Give him the money we were offering Djoum. Would take Walker back too. And Lafferty for that matter, although ideally I'd like to see us bring in a slightly quicker striker who likes the ball at his feet and likes to run at defenders. Djoum can go for me - especially if he wants £9k a week. We could pay 3 half decent players with that money. I'd be quite happy having Haring and Edwards playing in centre mid, with Bozanic, Lee, Cochrane, Clare etc providing the depth.

Sign: Milinkovic, Walker, and a striker.

Get rid of: Wighton, MacLean, Djoum, Brandon.

Promote: Petkov, Hickey, Irving, Zanatta, Stone.

Anyone legitimately wanting rid of Djoum needs slapped he's a class above and the last 3 or 4 months was arguably our best player.. Brandon also when he was fit he's a terrific player just needs time.  I find it interesting no one is wanting berra out the team when he's been a liability for months now he's finished. fantastic servant but not got the yard of pace and costs us dearly too often.

9 minutes ago, mcphantom said:

Walker did it 1 year before Milinkovic, and scored twice the amount of goals - 12, same as lafferty. It’s not like it’s ancient history. Also, Milinkovic’s time down south has been even more disastrous than Walker’s. Still take them both, mind.

We should probably just bring Walker back for games against Hamilton Accies tbh. Loves a goal against them:

In 16/17 he scored 12 Premiership goals. 41.7% of those 12 goals were scored against Hamilton Accies.

In 17/18 he scored 2 Premiership  goals. 50% of those two goals were scored against Hamilton Accies.

I will spare us all his stats v Hibs.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Walker deeper is probably where im at. Suspect SN coud turn him into something formidable in that role within yr or 2. He already has the drive, aggression and shooting boots, when properly motivated.

Similar to the position Grealish plays at Villa ?? 

35 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Anyone legitimately wanting rid of Djoum needs slapped he's a class above and the last 3 or 4 months was arguably our best player.. Brandon also when he was fit he's a terrific player just needs time.  I find it interesting no one is wanting berra out the team when he's been a liability for months now he's finished. fantastic servant but not got the yard of pace and costs us dearly too often.

Not denying that he's a good player but we could live without him, especially with the wages he's after - like I say we could pay three players with the money he wants and he is by no means the be all and end all of the team. We've been in this situations dozens of times in the past where a player has wanted more money than we can give them, they've moved on, and we've always survived. Djoum is no different. 

Berra is still invaluable I think. His leadership and dedication is 2nd to none. He gets his head onto the ball any time it comes over the top, he puts his body on the line and isn't afraid to get hurt, and he plays for the badge. That grid and determination is something we'll really miss when he drops out of the team, which I completely agree is inevitable - I just don't think it's quite time for that to happen yet. 

11 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Not denying that he's a good player but we could live without him, especially with the wages he's after - like I say we could pay three players with the money he wants and he is by no means the be all and end all of the team. We've been in this situations dozens of times in the past where a player has wanted more money than we can give them, they've moved on, and we've always survived. Djoum is no different. 

Berra is still invaluable I think. His leadership and dedication is 2nd to none. He gets his head onto the ball any time it comes over the top, he puts his body on the line and isn't afraid to get hurt, and he plays for the badge. That grid and determination is something we'll really miss when he drops out of the team, which I completely agree is inevitable - I just don't think it's quite time for that to happen yet. 

This

2 hours ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Djoum played well in his first six months to win a contract and it's no coincidence he's played well in his last six months either. In between he was either a bit average or injured. I'd like him to stay if his heart was in it but I think he wants one last pay day which we won't be able to offer. He's holding out for something bigger which is why I think he should probably go.

siegementality
14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would you want to sign a player who has scored 6 goals in one season for Hearts when you could have one that scored 12? Both the same age and Walker has played over 100 more games of football. Take both but Walker is less of a gamble, in my opinion.

Because - in my opinion - and whilst at Hearts - Milinkovic had a far superior work ethic to Walker. He was far more unpredictable and direct and caused defences havoc. He was just more effective and I could see him developing further and being a key player for us. He got the club and genuinely seemed to enjoy his time playing with us. He seems to have been badly advised in the move to Hull, and I personally think it hasn’t worked out as well for him as he wanted to be at Hearts.

Finally, forgetting all the Rangers stuff, Walkers knees have gone.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Because - in my opinion - and whilst at Hearts - Milinkovic had a far superior work ethic to Walker. He was far more unpredictable and direct and caused defences havoc. He was just more effective and I could see him developing further and being a key player for us. He got the club and genuinely seemed to enjoy his time playing with us. He seems to have been badly advised in the move to Hull, and I personally think it hasn’t worked out as well for him as he wanted to be at Hearts.

His knees have gone? He passed a medical to sign for Wigan, then passed another medical to sign on loan for Peterborough and has now presumably passed a third medical to re-sign for Hearts? Interested to know why you think his knees have gone but successive medical experts haven’t? Super8 in disguise? He also seems to be a medical expert!

Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

His knees have gone? He passed a medical to sign for Wigan, then passed another medical to sign on loan for Peterborough and has now presumably passed a third medical to re-sign for Hearts? Interested to know why you think his knees have gone but successive medical experts haven’t? Super8 in disguise? He also seems to be a medical expert!

Hearts know him inside out and will give a stringent medical.

If he passes, he signs. and he will.

Got the impression Levein wasn’t particularly happy with the way Milinkovic left the club. I also remember seeing CL during games being frustrated with Milinkovic’s play. One game at Dingwall in particular (same game as Djoum got his bad injury?)

Anyway, I don’t think the player or his club would be particularly difficult to deal with but I can’t see CL moving for him.

As an aside, CL taking Jamie Walker back tells me there was no hard feelings from the management towards JW when he left the club.

Despite the over the top reaction at the time from some in the support, I don’t think that was the feeling amongst those that matter inside Tynecastle.

Phil D. Corners
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It says so on his transfermarket profile.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jamie-walker/profil/spieler/72518

As others have said... Hearts will check it out. 

Phil D. Corners
5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Got the impression Levein wasn’t particularly happy with the way Milinkovic left the club. I also remember seeing CL during games being frustrated with Milinkovic’s play. One game at Dingwall in particular (same game as Djoum got his bad injury?)

Anyway, I don’t think the player or his club would be particularly difficult to deal with but I can’t see CL moving for him.

As an aside, CL taking Jamie Walker back tells me there was no hard feelings from the management towards JW when he left the club.

Despite the over the top reaction at the time from some in the support, I don’t think that was the feeling amongst those that matter inside Tynecastle.

I think Levein thinks he can coach him into a better player. 

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Just how did he leave the club ?....answer at the end of his loan deal having played through injury to get us a derby win

Craig thought enough to make a very high bid in order to get him in on a permanent basis

Your claims do not stand up to scrutiny when facts get in the way

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Just how did he leave the club ?....answer at the end of his loan deal having played through injury to get us a derby win

Craig thought enough to make a very high bid in order to get him in on a permanent basis

Your claims do not stand up to scrutiny when facts get in the way

I believe CL thought he had him signed and sealed only for the goalposts to be moved late on by the player and his agent.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong and CL trying to sign him but I have my doubts.

Please take your condescending tone elsewhere. Thanks.

2 hours ago, siegementality said:

Are you privy to JWs medical records ?

Guest ToqueJambo

Anyone preferring we sign Milinikovic over Walker needs their head examining. Walker at least attracted interest from two decent clubs while playing for us and played much better for much longer in a Hearts shirt. Milinkovic made a brief good impression but left with no club for more money.

That said I'd take both but both would be risky given their lack of football the last year or so.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Anyone preferring we sign Milinikovic over Walker needs their head examining. Walker at least attracted interest from two decent clubs while playing for us and played much better for much longer in a Hearts shirt. Milinkovic made a brief good impression but left with no club for more money.

That said I'd take both but both would be risky given their lack of football the last year or so.

So did Milkinkovic, hence why he chose more money at Hull, a league above Walker's ability it seems.

I am happy if both come back though. They are different and even if aren't first starters every game will be potential game changers coming off the bench.

Questions surround David Milinkovic as Hull City forward misses pre-season training but he'll be back

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/david-milinkovic-misses-hull-training-3018676

Hull City forward David Milinkovic has confused supporters after images on his Instagram story revealed that he hasn’t returned to the club for pre-season training.

Grant McCann’s players returned to the club on Monday, with only Kamil Grosicki and Markus Henriksen believed to have been granted extra time away, following their international duties for Poland and Norway, respectively.

The rest of the side have been pictured at the club’s Cottingham-based training ground, undergoing tests and procedures before they start work under McCann later in the week.

:D

Edited by kila

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, kila said:

So did Milkinkovic, hence why he chose more money at Hull, a league above Walker's ability it seems.

I am happy if both come back though. They are different and even if aren't first starters every game will be potential game changers coming off the bench.

I thought he left and was then touted around? Either way, on form they could both transform our attacking options.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I thought he left and was then touted around? Either way, on form they could both transform our attacking options.

He was on loan so had to go back to parent club

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Questions surround David Milinkovic as Hull City forward misses pre-season training but he'll be back

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/david-milinkovic-misses-hull-training-3018676

Hull City forward David Milinkovic has confused supporters after images on his Instagram story revealed that he hasn’t returned to the club for pre-season training.

Grant McCann’s players returned to the club on Monday, with only Kamil Grosicki and Markus Henriksen believed to have been granted extra time away, following their international duties for Poland and Norway, respectively.

The rest of the side have been pictured at the club’s Cottingham-based training ground, undergoing tests and procedures before they start work under McCann later in the week.

:D

Didn't he do that when he joined them as well! Needs a new watch.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, kila said:

He was on loan so had to go back to parent club

Ah yeah forgot he was just on loan. Anyhow lots of questions around his "application" while at Hull, like at us, and he has a big boasty social media presence. Very much like Vanacek. So if Levein would still consider Milinicovic, Vanacek has to have really messed up big style! I guess he did produce in games at least.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Didn't he do that when he joined them as well! Needs a new watch.

He did.

I’m sure he was ‘found’ in Genoa at the time.

8 hours ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Totally agree with Djoum and Brandon but disagree with respect to Berra I think he was carrying a knock see how he goes next season after a full pre season 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I’d say Milinkovic has appealed to to better clubs over the course of his career, than Walker has:

2189E64D-0C88-4C35-98BF-8A79EEA26C86.png

2F3449E3-BCA1-47D9-94AB-3108F56AB117.png

5 hours ago, Cwapsy said:

Djoum played well in his first six months to win a contract and it's no coincidence he's played well in his last six months either. In between he was either a bit average or injured. I'd like him to stay if his heart was in it but I think he wants one last pay day which we won't be able to offer. He's holding out for something bigger which is why I think he should probably go.

Djoum gets played out of position too much play him centre and he generally plays very well 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’d say Milinkovic has appealed to to better clubs over the course of his career, than Walker has:

2189E64D-0C88-4C35-98BF-8A79EEA26C86.png

2F3449E3-BCA1-47D9-94AB-3108F56AB117.png

I don't see any club bigger than Hearts in that lot that he's actually played for, including Hull City. Sorry. Genoa sure, but no games. If we're including clubs who liked him but he never played for, Rangers are bigger than Genoa I hate to admit. And haven't Wigan spent more time in the EPL than Hull in recent years? Anyhow, already said I like both players.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Reading the Hull forums, apparently he's bumped them for Preseason and so wonder if he's trying to get punted, a return on the horizon perhaps?

Not read the last page, so probably Peebles'd it. **** it. 

Image result for David milinkovic

8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We should probably just bring Walker back for games against Hamilton Accies tbh. Loves a goal against them:

In 16/17 he scored 12 Premiership goals. 41.7% of those 12 goals were scored against Hamilton Accies.

In 17/18 he scored 2 Premiership  goals. 50% of those two goals were scored against Hamilton Accies.

I mean, you’d take him just for that based horrendous struggle to score in the last game against them tbf 

53 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

:facepalm:

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

:facepalm:

Sorry you’re right. Milinkovic is much more proven and consistent at this level than Walker over a longer period. And he didn’t turn down a contract with us for more money elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry you’re right. Milinkovic is much more proven and consistent at this level than Walker over a longer period. And he didn’t turn down a contract with us for more money elsewhere.

Xsqueeze me?

58 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't see any club bigger than Hearts in that lot that he's actually played for, including Hull City. Sorry. Genoa sure, but no games. If we're including clubs who liked him but he never played for, Rangers are bigger than Genoa I hate to admit. And haven't Wigan spent more time in the EPL than Hull in recent years? Anyhow, already said I like both players.

In all honesty mate, it’s not worth getting heated about anyway, it’s just a difference of opinion. I prefer Milinkovic to Walker, and you are the other way about. It’s cool, that’s what forums are all about I suppose. ?

10 hours ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Interesting how we all see things differently - in my opinion Berra should still be one of the first names on the team sheet; I’m indifferent about Djoum as he’s too inconsistent and I don’t think Brandon will make it at Hearts and will end up at  Falkirk or somewhere similar. 

Rocky jamboa

Why is everyone getting all worked up over someone preferring DM to JW?! ?

If I had a choice over one or the other, I'd go for DM. However, both would be even better. Two good creative players that would improve us. And we know what we're getting, unlike the usual hit or miss signings!

siegementality
5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jamie-walker/verletzungen/spieler/72518

He lost a yard of pace after his knee op when he was us. Can’t see that he’d be any quicker after another knee injury and knee operation. 

Funny that out of everything I wrote as to why I would favour Milinkovic over Walker you didn’t pass comment, instead you had plenty to say on the last four words.

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Why is everyone getting all worked up over someone preferring DM to JW?! ?

If I had a choice over one or the other, I'd go for DM. However, both would be even better. Two good creative players that would improve us. And we know what we're getting, unlike the usual hit or miss signings!

Agree. Would be very surprised to get both but be delighted if we did. 

We undoubtedly need more creative players, especially wider too.  

9 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Interesting how we all see things differently - in my opinion Berra should still be one of the first names on the team sheet; I’m indifferent about Djoum as he’s too inconsistent and I don’t think Brandon will make it at Hearts and will end up at  Falkirk or somewhere similar. 

Brandon , lol

zero chance of making it at Hearts , can't defend . 

Djoum will probably get a better deal elsewhere which I'm not to disappointed about tbh . 

Berra might find himself missing out a few games unless we play a back 3 , which is probably a good thing as he'll need resting from time to time . 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Pleasingly both of these players do well against Flossy

Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, siegementality said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jamie-walker/verletzungen/spieler/72518

He lost a yard of pace after his knee op when he was us. Can’t see that he’d be any quicker after another knee injury and knee operation. 

Funny that out of everything I wrote as to why I would favour Milinkovic over Walker you didn’t pass comment, instead you had plenty to say on the last four words.

Not sure pace was his greatest attribute to start with. If anything it was his ability to score from distance I'm not sure that will have left him? A mentally set Jamie Walker will be a massive player for us next season. I would take both players if possible but Mulraney plays left wing so not sure we need Milinkovic. 

12 hours ago, King prawn said:

Bang on. 

Can see Brandon going out on loan this season to get some game time and to ultimately assess how he's recovered from his injury, but in all honesty I can't see a way back into the first team for him now that Hickey has leapfrogged him in the pecking order.

CloustonHMFC
5 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Bang on. 

Can see Brandon going out on loan this season to get some game time and to ultimately assess how he's recovered from his injury, but in all honesty I can't see a way back into the first team for him now that Hickey has leapfrogged him in the pecking order.

Brandon can also play RB though, I’m not saying he’s good enough for us as I’m not convinced at all but agree that he’ll put on loan to see how he gets on.