Milinkovic maybe......?

Section Q

Walker is a far better player than Milinkovic. If he hadnt done all the Rangers crap, people probably wouldnt feel like they do about him. 

Ignore the last 6 months of Walkers contract, and he was one of our better players. 

Walker playing with good players like Naisy, will be an upgrade on what we have. I also think he would know he has to win the fans over, so probably bust a gut.

Milinkivic tried hard, with the occasional good goal, but he doesnt score enough, hes not enough of a goal threat.   

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• Kiwidoug

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

At the end of the day, you don't ask you don't get. 

Probably my whole idea in a nutshell tbh. I’ve no clue over the feasibility of it all. ??

5 minutes ago, daftie said:

Walker is a far better player than Milinkovic. If he hadnt done all the Rangers crap, people probably wouldnt feel like they do about him. 

Ignore the last 6 months of Walkers contract, and he was one of our better players. 

Walker playing with good players like Naisy, will be an upgrade on what we have. I also think he would know he has to win the fans over, so probably bust a gut.

Milinkivic tried hard, with the occasional good goal, but he doesnt score enough, hes not enough of a goal threat.   

It might be the case for some, but for others (myself for instance), it’s because they rate Milinkovic higher as a player. ?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

With Hull there was the possibility of getting promotion to the premier league and probably on double the wages he was offered at hearts. You can’t blame the guy, and he still respects hearts very much clearly. Would take him over Walker, he’d add some speed and creativity to the team. Walkers injury is a major concern. 

3 minutes ago, daftie said:

? I guess different people see different things.

They were both very similar for me. Both lacked consistency.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Craig was in today and took in an under 12s match at the oriam and was on his phone quite a bit while watching the game, off topic but the under 12s were brilliant today and gave Inverness a thrashing the future is maroon HHGH!. 

And people slag the guy off. I doubt many managers of his age and experience would do that.

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Could be right there. Just toying with the idea tbh. He seemed to love it here, and might see a move as a good sideways step to move on up afterwards. If his contract is up soon, I suspect he might consider it. 

I'd love to get him back. Would also take back Lafferty, McLaughlin and Milinkovic. Perhaps the recruitment hasn't been so bad after all?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I'd love to get him back. Would also take back Lafferty, McLaughlin and Milinkovic. Perhaps the recruitment hasn't been so bad after all?

Agreed. Although Lafferty a bit less than the other two probably. I think our recruitment has been pretty decent tbh.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Agreed. Although Lafferty a bit less than the other two probably. I think our recruitment has been pretty decent tbh.

Retaining Mclaughlin and Lafferty would have seen us finish 3rd and win the Scottish Cup,  I believe.

There may be an argument for Dunne needing another season on loan for Burnley to be certain about him.

I think he was badly advised re his half season move away to Sunderland but maybe I am biased.

A full season loan with us might be a decent move - I do feel we might play 3 at the back and I’m still worried about Berra and/or a move for Souttar.

If we were only to sign 5 players (presuming Naismith is staying) I’d be more than happy with -

Halkett

Dunne

Adam

Walker 

Milinkovic

I think between Naismith, Uche, Walker, Milinkovic you’d have 15-20 goals from Naismith 12-15 from Uche, and 20 between the other two if they were all fit for most of the season.

I think our defence would concede around 10 goals less.

If I was being greedy I’d like Gordon back and a Shankland type player.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I liked Dunne but do we really need him?  We've got Berra, Souttar, Halkett and Dikamona plus Smith and Haring can cover in CD if things get desperate injury wise.  I'm just wondering if the cost could be better used in MF or for a winger.

He's not a priority but 3 centre halfs of Halkett, Cunne and Souttar  say the season after next would be unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Retaining Mclaughlin and Lafferty would have seen us finish 3rd and win the Scottish Cup,  I believe.

What a great post.  And if Naismith had been match fit along with Haring and Uche, we would certainly have won it.

As someone else said, our recruitment hasn't been all that bad.  

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Funny how fans react to players. 

Both walker and Milinkovic have similar goal scoring rates for us although walker done it over far longer. 

Ones a Hearts fan but many do not want him back as he's perceived to be a wee turncoat and was whoring himself to rangers and think he'll do it again. 

Milinkovic binned us as soon as a no mark English club flashed thier knickers yet folk don't care about that. 

Both would improve us, injuries  imo are the biggest concern with walker. 

I think we all expect footballers to be mercenaries especially foreign ones. The local ones who give it the phm stuff then whore themselves are always gonna get it tighter. 

Jambof3tornado
33 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It might be the case for some, but for others (myself for instance), it’s because they rate Milinkovic higher as a player. ?

This. Walker was a lazy shite.

NaturalOrder74

I’d really like him back, can’t remember but is the opposite side of Mulroney that would be a superb partnership 

32 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

And people slag the guy off. I doubt many managers of his age and experience would do that.

Yeah that's one thing nobody will knock him for is the amount of effort he puts in. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think we all expect footballers to be mercenaries especially foreign ones. The local ones who give it the phm stuff then whore themselves are always gonna get it tighter. 

ofc, but as an adult when you reflect on it months later you see the wood from the trees.

In this case. I reckon both would improve us.

I , personally think a fully fit walker is a better player, but fully fit seems to be the 1M dollar question with half our team.

Clare- once he's got a full preseason after his injury

white- ditto

Wighton- ditto

Naismith- injury prone last few seasons- add in Uche as well

Kenna, Morrison, Ben all ****ed as we speak

Walker would be the same.

Milinkovic would seem the less risky, but he's likely on at least £10k a week....

17 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

There may be an argument for Dunne needing another season on loan for Burnley to be certain about him.

I think he was badly advised re his half season move away to Sunderland but maybe I am biased.

A full season loan with us might be a decent move - I do feel we might play 3 at the back and I’m still worried about Berra and/or a move for Souttar.

If we were only to sign 5 players (presuming Naismith is staying) I’d be more than happy with -

Halkett

Dunne

Adam

Walker 

Milinkovic

I think between Naismith, Uche, Walker, Milinkovic you’d have 15-20 goals from Naismith 12-15 from Uche, and 20 between the other two if they were all fit for most of the season.

I think our defence would concede around 10 goals less.

If I was being greedy I’d like Gordon back and a Shankland type player.

Walker Naismith A.Other(Milinkovic)

behind a striker, most likely Uche would be a very good frontline. 

fabienleclerq
34 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

ofc, but as an adult when you reflect on it months later you see the wood from the trees.

In this case. I reckon both would improve us.

I , personally think a fully fit walker is a better player, but fully fit seems to be the 1M dollar question with half our team.

Clare- once he's got a full preseason after his injury

white- ditto

Wighton- ditto

Naismith- injury prone last few seasons- add in Uche as well

Kenna, Morrison, Ben all ****ed as we speak

Walker would be the same.

Milinkovic would seem the less risky, but he's likely on at least £10k a week....

Will we ever see a fully fit walker again though? He didn't exactly have a good end to his Hearts career last time, between the off field stuff and bang average performances on it. 

Milinkovic's work ethic and pace put him well ahead imo. 

32 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Walker/Skinny > Mulraney. 

Skinny/Mulraney > Walker

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I liked Dunne but do we really need him?  We've got Berra, Souttar, Halkett and Dikamona plus Smith and Haring can cover in CD if things get desperate injury wise.  I'm just wondering if the cost could be better used in MF or for a winger.

Dunne is arguably better than all the defenders at the club. 

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Dunne is arguably better than all the defenders at the club. 

He didn't uproot trees with the Mackems surprisingly.

You think he's better than Soapy?

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

He didn't uproot trees with the Mackems surprisingly.

You think he's better than Soapy?

I think they are about the same level.  Both very good players. Dunne should have stayed here and developed as he potentially has it big time. 

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I think they are about the same level.  Both very good players. Dunne should have stayed here and developed as he potentially has it big time. 

It's a matter of opinion.

I'll leave it at that since this is a thread about Skinny.

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's a matter of opinion.

I'll leave it at that since this is a thread about Skinny.

No bother bud. 

CloustonHMFC

I’d take both Milinkovic and Walker back, I don’t see why it would have to be a one or the other situation.

Things haven’t worked out for Walker since his head was turned and I think if he was to come back then he’d have a learnt his lesson. A fully fit Walker with Naismith egging him on constantly would be class in our team.

Same goes for Milinkovic, he loved it here and it didn’t work out when he chased the money. Reckon he’d also knuckle down.

As for Dunne, if there is absolutely any way we can get him we should. Dunne, Halkett and Souttar as a back 3 with Souttar as captain and Berra/Dika as cover would be absolutely solid. 

Would love to have him back.

Him on the right, Walker on the left, Lafferty and Uche up front and Naismith supporting.

Oooooooft!!!

8 hours ago, daftie said:

Again Walker was decent his problem was turning up like so many other players you'd get 1 good game in 10 from him. He's not played much since he has left us, or developed on his consistency. The Last thing we need is another player who has had issues turning up week in week out. We need players to hit the ground running. Walker for me doesn't give us that

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Skinny/Mulraney > Walker

Mulraney has a lot to do before getting anywhere near what walker done for us in appearances, goals and assists. 

The future is looking good tho, he improved a good bit over the season. 

I think walker, Mulraney and Milinkovic all offer something different. 

Walker is a more intelligent, skillful footballer but has less pace. Better dribbler and passer as well imo. 

More of a goal threat than Mulraney as well. Also, more of a match winner, won games on his own with some very good goals. 

Probably more of a central player now and a bit more flexible in that regard. 

Mulraney is more of an old fashioned out and out winger, which I like.  Improved a lot and his pace makes the opponent adapt and change to combat him. 

Skinny was a thorn in the opponents side, had pace and had a few very good games. Decision making often poor and sometimes a head down type of player, some very poor games. Seemed more of a goal threat than Mulraney and had good work rate and decent pace. 

All good options to have. 

Depends on formation as well, in a 352 its hard to see were the latter two fit in regularly. 

In a 442/451 they all have thier place. 

Having all 3 as options would be fantastic. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Again Walker was decent his problem was turning up like so many other players you'd get 1 good game in 10 from him. He's not played much since he has left us, or developed on his consistency. The Last thing we need is another player who has had issues turning up week in week out. We need players to hit the ground running. Walker for me doesn't give us that

Done far more than one good game in ten. 

His strike rate is about 1 in 4 games for starters  and he didn't score many hatricks or doubles. 

His last six months or so of injury and rangers shite are a cloud tho, he'd need to hit the ground running. 

Walker has still played more than skinny as well, neither has done much since leaving us. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Mulraney has a lot to do before getting anywhere near what walker done for us in appearances, goals and assists. 

The future is looking good tho, he improved a good bit over the season. 

I think walker, Mulraney and Milinkovic all offer something different. 

Walker is a more intelligent, skillful footballer but has less pace. Better dribbler and passer as well imo. 

More of a goal threat than Mulraney as well. Also, more of a match winner, won games on his own with so e very good goals. 

Probably more of a central player now and a bit more flexible in that regard. 

Mulraney is more of an old fashioned out and out winger, which I like.  Improved a lot and his pace makes the opponent adapt and change to combat him. 

Skinny was a thorn in the opponents side, had pace and had a few very good games. Decision making often poor and sometimes a head down type of player, some very poor games. Seemed more of a goal threat than Mulraney and had good work rate and decent pace. 

All good options to have. 

Depends on formation as well, in a 352 its hard to see were the latter two fit in regularly. 

In a 442/451 they all have thier place. 

Having all 3 as options would be fantastic. 

When it comes to Walker, everyone always harks back to what he did for us (sporadically) when he first broke in to the team. I actually agree that he was excellent at that point, but that was not the story of his time with us. The later part of his Hearts career was a massive let down. Derbies and games against the bigger teams, when you looked to what creative players we had to influence the game for us, he posted missing. It’s a long time since the Cathro 4 - 1 game v Rangers, and I’m struggling to think of anything he did since. Derbies in particular he often looked too scared to get involved in the game. If that is the player we are bringing back, then sorry, I can’t muster any enthusiasm for that whatsoever.

Milinkovic was a big game player for us. He came alive in the derbies and games v Celtic etc. Got stuck in, challenged for the ball and drove forward every opportunity he got, scoring and setting up goals, and stopping the opposition playing from the front. If he still has that in his locker, then that’s the guy i want back up the road.

Mulraney is younger than both of them and on an upward curve. He is a totally different player to the other two. Mulraney is more of a classic winger and he offers something different. I’d like to see him balanced out with a different threat, and that would be a Walker or Milinkovic type player. I’ve given my reasons above why that would be Milinkovic for me. So, with that in mind:

Milinkovic/Mulraney > Walker

10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Done far more than one good game in ten. 

His strike rate is about 1 in 4 games for starters  and he didn't score many hatricks or doubles. 

His last six months or so of injury and rangers shite are a cloud tho, he'd need to hit the ground running. 

Walker has still played more than skinny as well, neither has done much since leaving us. 

1 in 4 ? i never go on strike rates,  not a fair assessment off their actual performance 

You can still have a nightmare of a game and still pop up with a goal 

1 in 10 for me on performance levels 

Agreed both haven't done much since seeking the greener grass on the other side 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

1 in 4 ? i never go on strike rates,  not a fair assessment off their actual performance 

You can still have a nightmare of a game and still pop up with a goal 

1 in 10 for me on performance levels 

Agreed both haven't done much since seeking the greener grass on the other side 

Sorry, but absolute shite. 

If you score goals, you are contributing and a strike rate if around 1 in 4 says he contributes far more than 1 in 10.

Anyway, we'll see. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

When it comes to Walker, everyone always harks back to what he did for us (sporadically) when he first broke in to the team. I actually agree that he was excellent at that point, but that was not the story of his time with us. The later part of his Hearts career was a massive let down. Derbies and games against the bigger teams, when you looked to what creative players we had to influence the game for us, he posted missing. It’s a long time since the Cathro 4 - 1 game v Rangers, and I’m struggling to think of anything he did since. Derbies in particular he often looked too scared to get involved in the game. If that is the player we are bringing back, then sorry, I can’t muster any enthusiasm for that whatsoever.

Milinkovic was a big game player for us. He came alive in the derbies and games v Celtic etc. Got stuck in, challenged for the ball and drove forward every opportunity he got, scoring and setting up goals, and stopping the opposition playing from the front. If he still has that in his locker, then that’s the guy i want back up the road.

Mulraney is younger than both of them and on an upward curve. He is a totally different player to the other two. Mulraney is more of a classic winger and he offers something different. I’d like to see him balanced out with a different threat, and that would be a Walker or Milinkovic type player. I’ve given my reasons above why that would be Milinkovic for me. So, with that in mind:

Milinkovic/Mulraney > Walker

We'll see what happens, I'd take either or both back. 

If Mulareny gives us 4/5 seasons of walkers return he'd have done well. He's Got a long way to go, though. He only broke into the team late on, but like you I have high hopes. 

It’s all about opinions I suppose. To say Walker was a 1 in 10 good game a Is pure keek. Agreed, he didn’t always do it against Hibs for example, but scoring 1 in 4 is way better than Malinkovic, Mulroney or Clare will ever score.

Hate Walker if you want, but Malinkovic dealings on social media endeared him to the fans, with all his pro Hearts / anti Hibs stuff, but when the chance to stay, he left in a flash.

He ran about a lot, put a lot of effort in (take note Sean Clare), but for me, Walker is streets ahead of him. As I posted earlier, do not underestimate what Naisy would do for Walkers game. I think Malinkovic would frustrate Naisy as he is a bit of a maverick. I don’t mind Malinkovic, and if we could get both, would be better than last year, but I would personally hope we are looking at better. 

18 minutes ago, daftie said:

Hate Walker if you want, but Malinkovic dealings on social media endeared him to the fans, with all his pro Hearts / anti Hibs stuff,

This rankles a bit with me to be honest. It gets cast up a lot, whenever someone says they prefer Milinkovic. I think people just have to accept that some of us just prefer him as a player, and everything else is secondary. 

13 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Come on mate , have a word....

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Come on mate , have a word....

Dunne, Lafferty, Milinkovic & Mclaughlin. All players we previously signed and have since missed. Think about it!

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Dunne, Lafferty, Milinkovic & Mclaughlin. All players we previously signed and have since missed. Think about it!

Based on contribution when with us all four would improve current squad. However Lafferty and Skinny have  played virtually no football since they left us, big Jon won’t return and Dunne couldn’t get a regular game for a league 1 team. Maybe we got the best of them and it was one-off contributions, who knows. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Based on contribution when with us all four would improve current squad. However Lafferty and Skinny have  played virtually no football since they left us, big Jon won’t return and Dunne couldn’t get a regular game for a league 1 team. Maybe we got the best of them and it was one-off contributions, who knows. 

They were good signings for Hearts though weren’t they? That is the point being discussed.

1 minute ago, TorinoJambo said:

Was Skinny not still under contract at Genoa and therefore would have required paying a fee for?

Yeah. We agreed a few with Genoa eventually only for him to turn it down. 

I felt he wasn't used enough when he was here. A wasted talent. He's the type of player that should have a free role (within reason) and when he did take it upon himself to actually attack or cross over from one side of the field to the other, he was told to go back to where he was. I remember Levein pointing and saying something to him when he did that and his reaction was to hold his arms out wide as if to say, "what, i'm only trying to attack this team, let me get into it". Then he was rarely used away from home. A player of his talent should've been on the starting sheet every week. Maybe too attack-minded for some. Was very surprised he was offered a contract before he went down to Hull. I thought it was strange that you'd offer him one then rarely use him so what would be the point? Actually, scrub that, look at Edwards. Apart from that, i'd take him back without a doubt. Morrison may be the type that will play down the divisions throughout his career from what I've saw of him. Can't cross well enough and always has to double back on himself to pass into midfield.

7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Sorry, but absolute shite. 

If you score goals, you are contributing and a strike rate if around 1 in 4 says he contributes far more than 1 in 10.

Anyway, we'll see. 

Its no shite at all 

You just can't see it 

Aye lets see what he brings on his return

1 in 10 I'm guessing 

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They were good signings for Hearts though weren’t they? That is the point being discussed.

Think that’s what I said. Just don’t think some of them will contribute  as much second time round

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Its no shite at all 

You just can't see it 

Aye lets see what he brings on his return

1 in 10 I'm guessing 

So you think in almost 140 games for Hearts, Walker was only good in 14?

Shite. ? Big massive pile off. Like a big jurassic Park type poo. 

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

So you think in almost 140 games for Hearts, Walker was only good in 14?

Shite. ? Big massive pile off. Like a big jurassic Park type poo. 

Steady with 14

More like 10 

Terrordactly stats 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Steady with 14

More like 10 

Terrordactly stats 

10 good games, 37 goals  and similar in assists. 

That's ten ****ing titan like games