Milinkovic maybe......?

Section Q

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/analysis/hearts-should-move-for-hull-city-winger-david-milinkovic/

Since moving to Hull City last summer, David Milinkovic hasn’t got a look in. That’s why former loan club Hearts should make a move to bring him back to Tynecastle.

The-ex Genoa wideman penned a three-year deal with Nigel Adkins’ side last summer. He only played 237 minutes in what has been a season to forget for the former Hearts loanee.....

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• Notts1874

Serge Pizzorno

People will say no, but he is wha has been missed. 

A fast, skilful player to link the midfield and attack, and can also play on the wing

Gutted that there wasn't more to this story than the article in the OP. :(

Milinkovic in last year's squad could have changed things massively imo, and I'd have him every single day of the week before Jammie Walker.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

People will say no, but he is wha has been missed. 

A fast, skilful player to link the midfield and attack, and can also play on the wing

Had some good games and quite a lot of meh games. But, a better winger than we currently have I reckon. 

Serge Pizzorno
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Had some good games and quite a lot of meh games. But, a better winger than we currently have I reckon. 

Agree, although I feel although he is a great second striker(4-0 celtic game)

letsalldothebeattie

It’s one of them that will split the opinion of the fans especially on here. I loved watching Milinkovic last season he brought a lot to the team when he played but to me he was a home player and not an away player. I can’t remember too many away games he played let along turn up if he did play. Levein always saved him for the home games and to me as much as I like the guy as a player you can’t buy someone to play half a season. So for me no although I do like him 

5 minutes ago, WeeRobbo_chat said:

He would of been the difference v Celtic for cup :( Please bring him back!.  

Instead of who.

Maroonblood22

Are folk really turning their noses up at Milinkovic? We had to watch Morrison for most of the season in that position ffs. He would improve our squad massively.

13 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No thanks too many wingers at club, plus Walker coming home 

Too many wingers at the club?   We have been lacking in pace and a winger all season.   Morrison too young and inconsistant to rely on and mulraney has only recently became a better player, but still question marks over his head 

Rick James

As a player I agree, he'd be the perfect addition. A fast, direct wide man.

I do wonder though if his attitude and application leaves a lot to be desired.

Loved him, would be jumping about if we could get him back, even just for next season!

BRAVEHEART1874

maybe  a loan deal could be sorted out and take any wage problem out of the equation. He would be better than clare or morrison ;) 

An improvement on what we've got, definitely. 

Can we do better than him? Possibly but I don't know who. 

I would be open to his return. Really liked him first time round. 

I liked Skinny. Would he fit into a Craig Levein Hearts team? Would it cost a fee? What about compensation to his parent club? Need to consider that before anything.

Edited by Marvin

One of those guys that fans love due to his edge, desire and energy but total lack of discipline on the field is the main worry. Could be excellent in a front 3 but needs to hold position better and show better game awareness, I wouldn't be averse to bringing him back but fear for Austins health if he was in the team 

19 minutes ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

maybe  a loan deal could be sorted out and take any wage problem out of the equation. He would be better than clare or morrison ;) 

I would play either him or Clare centrally, and the other wide right, depending on the formation and opponent. If the rumours about Walker are true, as they appear to be, then that won’t be possible. That’s what we will be doing with Clare and him, I would imagine. :(

gashauskis9
32 minutes ago, kila said:

I'd take him back

Imagine a front three of Mulraney, Uche and Milinkovic

With Naismith just behind ???

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

A winger that can score and doesn't smash it in the mixer at every given opportunity?

You'd be incredibly daft not to want him back.

Cruyff Turn

Take him and Walker back in a heartbeat tbh. Add Naisy, a quality midfielder or 2 and a striker to that..... giving myself a hard-on thinking about it tbh. 

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

No thanks too many wingers at club, plus Walker coming home 

:lol: A lack of width is our main problem.

42 minutes ago, kila said:

I'd take him back

Imagine a front three of Mulraney, Uche and Milinkovic

I can imagine it - not very good.

The obsession with former players on here is weird.

Stephen Muddie
39 minutes ago, the general said:

I think we are aiming higher

I would like to think/hope so... We should really start to see the results of the prudence and re-building of the club soon in terms of quality of player we can be looking at. We've never been in such rude health, and even when we were £20million in debt to HBOS (pre VR) we used to see some belters coming on board.

Not sure about Walker tbh, no doubt he has a quality, and call me bitter, but I don't really see him as a great signing. Milinkovic, same. Good player who would improve the squad but I'd hope for a little better.

Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, Darren said:

:lol: A lack of width is our main problem.

I can imagine it - not very good.

The obsession with former players on here is weird.

Think that'd be a meh front 3. I'd rather see two proper goalscoring strikers up top, personally. I'm aware many view 2 up front as a relic of footballing history, but Uche offers next to nothing as a lone striker. He can improve and I think he will, but he needs help, not just service.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Should make an offer for him permanently. He's not the sharpest tool in the box but surely even he can see he's wasting his time at Hull. Come back north, get his confidence back, get minutes under his belt and go back down south again in a year or twos time. 

He's messed himself up moving south too quick. He needed at least another season of regular football before doing that. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/analysis/hearts-should-move-for-hull-city-winger-david-milinkovic/

Since moving to Hull City last summer, David Milinkovic hasn’t got a look in. That’s why former loan club Hearts should make a move to bring him back to Tynecastle.

The-ex Genoa wideman penned a three-year deal with Nigel Adkins’ side last summer. He only played 237 minutes in what has been a season to forget for the former Hearts loanee.....

A definite Yes, his statistics were better than Forrest. Buy or a loan deal. The kind of signing that will excite the fans.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

It’s one of them that will split the opinion of the fans especially on here. I loved watching Milinkovic last season he brought a lot to the team when he played but to me he was a home player and not an away player. I can’t remember too many away games he played let along turn up if he did play. Levein always saved him for the home games and to me as much as I like the guy as a player you can’t buy someone to play half a season. So for me no although I do like him 

Can’t do much if the manager doesn’t play you? He came off the bench and won us a few games, Hamilton is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head. When you consider how bad we were away from home it’s hard to blame him when he hardly played.

innerjambo
1 hour ago, the general said:

I think we are aiming higher

You think we are, but you don't know if we are. 

Stephen Muddie
5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

You think we are, but you don't know if we are. 

I know that we are, but I can't tell Kickback.

innerjambo
Just now, Stephen Muddie said:

I know that we are, but I can't tell Kickback.

Ok, good stuff, cheers.

letsalldothebeattie
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t do much if the manager doesn’t play you? He came off the bench and won us a few games, Hamilton is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head. When you consider how bad we were away from home it’s hard to blame him when he hardly played.

I know you can’t do anything if your not being picked but Levein said in a pre or post match interview that Milinkovic isn’t suited to playing away from home hence the lack of game time. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I know you can’t do anything if your not being picked but Levein said in a pre or post match interview that Milinkovic isn’t suited to playing away from home hence the lack of game time. 

In his team perhaps where we just punt it from one end to the other and live off scraps, out of all the things he’s said that could be one of the biggest amount of nonsense ever.

If that’s true why was he going to spend £500k on him, can’t have it both ways.

Edited by Pasquale for King

feedthefox
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Not for me. We need to move on from likes of him and get better. 

I hear you but we've had plenty chance to do just that and we're in a worse position. At least we know what we're getting which tbf is pretty decent, certainly can't deny he's superior to what we have now which kind of answers your point!