Radio Ga Ga

2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

On their way to see the SFA 1994

8228D8A3-A1BC-47E7-8EB1-C9246365D093.jpeg

Why is Craig wearing one spatterdash?

August Landmesser
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Why is Craig wearing one spatterdash?

The other one flew off when booting Hoggy up the arse on the way there.

Also, Tommy McLean - FFS :facepalm: What a wee shite he was.

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

The other one flew off when booting Hoggy up the arse on the way there.

Also, Tommy McLean - FFS :facepalm: What a wee shite he was.

wee dug.jpg

Rick James

Recently read Hands on Hearts which divulged a wee bit more than I knew about the incident.

Cracking book too.

Just now, Locky said:

Recently read Hands on Hearts which divulged a wee bit more than I knew about the incident.

Cracking book too.

One of my favourite football books.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

wee dug.jpg

CL clearly the leggy brunette in this scenario...

Rick James
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

One of my favourite football books.

Never been much of a reader but as someone who's glued to his phone 24/7 I decided to get into Play Books.

The aforementioned was the only Hearts book I found. Currently reading Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby, with 'Provided you don't kiss me' about Brian Clough waiting next.

Just now, Locky said:

Never been much of a reader but as someone who's glued to his phone 24/7 I decided to get into Play Books.

The aforementioned was the only Hearts book I found. Currently reading Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby, with 'Provided you don't kiss me' about Brian Clough waiting next.

Read Fever Pitch, not read PYDKM. @Buffalo Bill's book: Two Miles to Tynecastle is worth a read if you are of a certain age. Lots of good nostalgia in there. Hands on Hearts is my favourite though. Sandy Clarke's quite interesting too. Forget the title now.

If you are in to rugby, then 'The Grudge' is a great read as well.

Rick James
9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Read Fever Pitch, not read PYDKM. @Buffalo Bill's book: Two Miles to Tynecastle is worth a read if you are of a certain age. Lots of good nostalgia in there. Hands on Hearts is my favourite though. Sandy Clarke's quite interesting too. Forget the title now.

I'll certainly try BB's. Particularly like reading up on the past of Hearts. Not much of a rugby fan, but then again I'm not a huge boxing fan and have Mike Tyson's autobiography downloaded too.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

I'll certainly try BB's. Particularly like reading up on the past of Hearts. Not much of a rugby fan, but then again I'm not a huge boxing fan and have Mike Tyson's autobiography downloaded too.

BB’s was good because it has the autobiography bits about growing up in Edinburgh in a similar time window to me, and then he talks about what was happening on the pitch and with the club at the same time. Nostalgic, with a human element that is relate-able. 

The Grudge is written by Tom English, and centres around the 1990 Grand Slam in the five nations. Brilliantly researched and illuminating. I was surprised by how much i enjoyed it. Profiles on all the big characters of the English and Scottish teams of the time, particularly Telfer and Carling.

Rick James
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

BB’s was good because it has the autobiography bits about growing up in Edinburgh in a similar time window to me, and then he talks about what was happening on the pitch and with the club at the same time. Nostalgic, with a human element that is relate-able. 

The Grudge is written by Tom English, and centres around the 1990 Grand Slam in the five nations. Brilliantly researched and illuminating. I was surprised by how much i enjoyed it. Profiles on all the big characters of the English and Scottish teams of the time, particularly Telfer and Carling.

Sounds almost like a Hearts related fever pitch.

Tom English is probably the best written MSM football journo in Scotland so I will definitely look out for it.

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Does BB not post much/at all now?

When I first joined in 2005 his posts were a brilliant read (the one I remember most was about an away LC tie at some wee ground. Alloa rings a bell, but I can’t be sure, just remember the post was really good and funny in equal measure).

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

When I first joined in 2005 his posts were a brilliant read (the one I remember most was about an away LC tie at some wee ground. Alloa rings a bell, but I can’t be sure, just remember the post was really good and funny in equal measure).

Doesn't appear to, no. Which is a shame, because I have always enjoyed his posts.

32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Quick look January was his last post though was on yesterday or today... It is a shame for all the madness there was always something in BBs posts that was relatable , fun and also added to the convo/debate. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

B B s book is excellent. 

been here before
1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

That was posted on here not that long ago. Didnt someone photoshop it to make Levein look like he was on one if those early 80s pretentious album covers?

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Quick look January was his last post though was on yesterday or today... It is a shame for all the madness there was always something in BBs posts that was relatable , fun and also added to the convo/debate. 

Thanks sadj.

I should have done that myself.  :facepalm:

Only excuse I’ve got, is that I reside in Hamilton.

been here before
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oddly enough as generally formulaic football autobiographies go,  Derek Fergusons is not too bad. Clarks is called "Sandy Clark, My Autobiography". McPhersons passes a few hours light reading.

Hands on Hearts is good. Its interesting seeing the club from a different angle. 

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thanks sadj.

I should have done that myself.  :facepalm:

Only excuse I’ve got, is that I reside in Hamilton.

You are welcome? ?

@Buffalo Bill is so raging with the current goings on with referee's and our performances in general, which is why I'd imagine he doesnt post on here anymore. He is an admin on 'highland hearts fans' on Facebook and posts a few rants on there post match, well worth a follow. 

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Cracking book too.

Could you expand a wee bit mate 

Rick James
20 minutes ago, jake said:

Could you expand a wee bit mate 

The book didn't give away too much obviously, but Hogg apparently was acting the billy big bollocks because he was ex Man United. Not sure exactly why it prompted Levein to banjo him on the pitch however. I think only Craig will ever know that one.

Rick James
34 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Craig Levein.... The Bunnymen years 

Someone edit him into these album covers

download.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

Craig is really the least hard looking hard man I've ever seen.

Young Craig belonged in a New Wave band as he's got older he just looks like a car salesman.

Just now, Locky said:

The book didn't give away too much obviously, but Hogg apparently was acting the billy big bollocks because he was ex Man United. Not sure exactly why it prompted Levein to banjo him on the pitch however. I think only Craig will ever know that one.

Sound mate

Stephen Muddie
45 minutes ago, Locky said:

Craig is really the least hard looking hard man I've ever seen.

Young Craig belonged in a New Wave band as he's got older he just looks like a car salesman.

A common mistake that guys make is judging other guys on physique. His eyes are scary. Wouldn't like to piss him off, even now.

Rick James
12 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

A common mistake that guys make is judging other guys on physique. His eyes are scary. Wouldn't like to piss him off, even now.

Not so much physique with Craig as such, I think just his demeanour doesn't say to me classic hard man. 

Bet he'd go through you like a tonne of bricks if you crossed his path though.

24 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Me too.  Loved the post on here a few years back when someone said he rang people who hadn't renewed their STs and they renewed the same day.

Even scary over the phone.

And as so many people have said, a truly fantastic player.

grumpyespana
30 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Lol when Craig and the team were over in Murcia in January I ran into him having a coffee before the players arrived for training, I said to him I remembered his first game at tynie it was a midweek reserve game and I said he was sh@te lol he looked at me and said that I was right but I also told him he turned out to be one of the top defenders in the country. The best bit was later in the week during the friendly match I was having at chat with Queen Ann who said to me that Craig had told her what I had said to him and we both burst out laughing so I would say Big Craig is just a pussy cat now days lol.

hearts boss.jpg

Edited by grumpyespana

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Fever Pitch is fantastic.

Rick James
3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Fever Pitch is fantastic.

Really enjoying it and it's mental how much you can relate with.

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

@Buffalo Bill is so raging with the current goings on with referee's and our performances in general, which is why I'd imagine he doesnt post on here anymore. He is an admin on 'highland hearts fans' on Facebook and posts a few rants on there post match, well worth a follow. 

Not sure it's the same fella. He certainly doesn't live in the Highlands.

4 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Levein looking cool as ****.

Can somebody photoshop the ***** in the grey suit out please.....makes me boak.

Levein looks like he is going to record an album.

4 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Fate up against your will

Through the thick and thin 

Quite apt really 

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

His book's a great read, mate. If you haven't read it you should. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

4 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

His book's a great read, mate. If you haven't read it you should. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

Its a very good read. Good guy as well.

19 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Can somebody photoshop the ***** in the grey suit out please.....makes me boak.

Levein looks like he is going to record an album.

BAE436F8-06C8-4E24-8E6A-2143E033D315.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

15 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Its a very good read. Good guy as well.

Thanks lads, I’ll try to give it a go.

14 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Yes indeed.

14 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Yes indeed.

Eats too much cheese though.

4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Definitely 100% not the same boy Daz.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Definitely 100% not the same boy Daz.

Apologies on that one then folks, Mr Dunlop on our bus is often referred to as Buffalo. Not sure how there could have been a mix up though.

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Apologies on that one then folks, Mr Dunlop on our bus is often referred to as Buffalo. Not sure how there could have been a mix up though.

No problem. I would suggest reading his book though. The chapter on the 98 final is excellent.....especially the bit about the penalty that wasnt.

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, Bozi said:

Craig Levein.... The Bunnymen years 

Someone edit him into these album covers

download.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

The BudgieMan Years?

I’ll get my coat.