Posted Images

been here before
Just now, willie wallace said:

I am still puzzled.How did England win 

More boundries in the super over.

scott herbertson
Just now, willie wallace said:

I am still puzzled.How did England win 

A bi tlike in world cup football where if they can't be separated they go back to other things - in this case they scored more boundaries

ToadKiller Dog

The world cup was a slow starter to be honest ,but the semis and final were excellent entertainment. 

The Ashes are going to be good fun.

HeartofIron

Some of the pish getting posted on here by the anti English brigade again!!  

Exceptional win. 

England. World Cup winners!! 

Superb stuff. 

willie wallace
1 minute ago, been here before said:

No.They said NZ needed 16 before their over

willie wallace
3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

A bi tlike in world cup football where if they can't be separated they go back to other things - in this case they scored more boundaries

Ok cheers .

been here before
2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

No.They said NZ needed 16 before their over

Well it was the other thing then.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

It's boundaries in the Super Over plus the main match England had scored something like 24 to NZs 17

ToadKiller Dog

Glad the New Zealand Capt got player of the tournament, he did so much right tactically ,plus his batting .

willie wallace

I am sure the number of wickets lost used to be the deciding factor in a tie.

That 4 extra runs that Stokes sneakily scored 🙄was the deciding factor.

Sheer drama and congratulations too England. Totally gutted for NZ as I think they deserved to win the final; over the past 4 years though, this England side deserved to lift the trophy. Still feel it should have been shared in the end, but thems the rules I suppose.

6 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I am sure the number of wickets lost used to be the deciding factor in a tie.

That 4 extra runs that Stokes sneakily scored 🙄was the deciding factor.

Seems in end it was total number of boundaries in whole game not just super over. 

35 minutes ago, HeartofIron said:

Some of the pish getting posted on here by the anti English brigade again!!  

Exceptional win. 

England. World Cup winners!! 

Superb stuff. 

No one has said anything Anti English at all . Some light hearted humour that's about it about Stokes getting lucky after the fielder hit his bat with a throw (which he did he get very lucky) . 

What a world cup final though it had everything. England have finally done it and I'm chuffed to bits for them. I'd have equally been chuffed for New Zealand as well to be fair no team deserved to lose that .

Edited by AW1
Typo

Malinga the Swinga

Tension - 10/10

New Zealand sportsmanship 10/10

New Zealand decision making 2/10 (wrong batsmen in super over, Boults miscatch in super over  & dreadful fielding in super over)

England sportsmanship 4/10 (sorry but Stokes behaviour was shocking, but expected from him)

England decision making 7/10 (don't like Morgan but they won)

Umpiring 0/10 (cause you can't give negative. How that Sri Lankan guy can look at himself in mirror given his shocking decisions is beyond me. Given run in with Roy earlier in tournament, he should never have been allowed to get final. Tucker would have been obvious choice, but guess they needed someone to price equality for Asian nations.)

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Tension - 10/10

New Zealand sportsmanship 10/10

New Zealand decision making 2/10 (wrong batsmen in super over, Boults miscatch in super over  & dreadful fielding in super over)

England sportsmanship 4/10 (sorry but Stokes behaviour was shocking, but expected from him)

England decision making 7/10 (don't like Morgan but they won)

Umpiring 0/10 (cause you can't give negative. How that Sri Lankan guy can look at himself in mirror given his shocking decisions is beyond me. Given run in with Roy earlier in tournament, he should never have been allowed to get final. Tucker would have been obvious choice, but guess they needed someone to price equality for Asian nations.)

10/10 for stupidity with 10 being really stupid 

8/10 for racism with 10 being very racist

0/10 for judgement with 10 being someone with good judgement 

10/10 for laughs 

letsalldothebeattie

What a final. Absolutely incredible stuff to watch. England deserve that over the course of the tournament. Hard luck to New Zealand who were nothing short of excellent today. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was switching between the Cricket and Tennis each time there was a break in either but ended watching the finish of the World Cup, fed up with Fed and Djok wining everything anyway. England certainly grasped victory from the Jaws of defeat and congratulations to them but the New Zealand team must feel a bit robbed by that deflection that led to six lucky runs. Edge of seat stuff right enough. 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Incredible too a young lad from West Indies Jofra Archer with help from another residential qualifier from South Africa Jason Roy in field did the final nerve racking action. 

Well done England. 

Jason Roy has English parents and has lived in Surrey since he was 10.

Archer has an English Dad.

David McCaig
54 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

The last hour or so of the cricket was outstanding- kids and I were glued to the tv.

Amazing end to it

Greatest ODI ever, utterly mesmerising.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Incredible Aye? Cricket world champions, a sport where no one other than the Empire gives a shit. 

Incredible :rofl:Gies peace.

Alternatively the 2nd most popular team sport on planet earth!!!

Utterly brilliant sporting drama. Both teams knew the rules going into the super over.

Would prefer that if runs were tied in the super over they have another over. Each team can pick and choose their batsman and bowlers again.

Brilliant it was also free to air. Take note SFA.

24 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I was switching between the Cricket and Tennis each time there was a break in either but ended watching the finish of the World Cup, fed up with Fed and Djok wining everything anyway. England certainly grasped victory from the Jaws of defeat and congratulations to them but the New Zealand team must feel a bit robbed by that deflection that led to six lucky runs. Edge of seat stuff right enough. 

All in the rules though with the four extras. They had already run two 😉

The other bit that got me was Guptill signing six when Boult stood on the rope. Like he immediately did it. I know it goes to review but still shows real fair play.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

10/10 for stupidity with 10 being really stupid 

8/10 for racism with 10 being very racist

0/10 for judgement with 10 being someone with good judgement 

10/10 for laughs 

:rofl:

Shanks said no
36 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

And some are conveniently forgetting England threw the ball out when fielding which cost them 4 runs

I P Knightley

It was a champagne super over, was it not?

We had the cricket on the telly and the tennis on the PC - unbelieveable that tennis went to the 5th set tie-break at almost the exact same time as the cricket went to the super over. I know next to diddly about cricket but, boy, was that an exciting half hour or so!!

Definitely got my cricket bug back now after watching that today and some games during this tournament. Might go and take in an Edinburgh South game as a mate plays for them in the next few weeks. Anyone know when the next Scotland ODI is at Stockbridge? How anyone can claim that cricket is sh*te is beyond me. Third best sport in the world for me behind Football and Boxing 

been here before
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Alternatively the 2nd most popular team sport on planet earth!!!

More cricket clubs in Scotland than rugby clubs too.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

More cricket clubs in Scotland than rugby clubs too.

Isn't cricket the most played sport per population in Scotland? Think I read something about that once 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Utterly brilliant sporting drama. Both teams knew the rules going into the super over.

Would prefer that if runs were tied in the super over they have another over. Each team can pick and choose their batsman and bowlers again.

Brilliant it was also free to air. Take note SFA.

It's certainly been based on wickets on the past but not today and I think the teams realised that. The last ball of the NZ innings Buttler could have run out the NZ batsman but was content that he didn't take a run instead. England were happy to sacrifce 4 wickets in the final 10 balls, surely wouldnt have been quite so cheap with their wickets if it mattered.

I'm still watching the highlights!

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Still a jammy four though. ☺️ 

14 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Still a jammy four though. ☺️ 

Nah ..... NZ fielder should have aimed over the bat 😉

Tommy Brown
41 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Only someone who is bitter, or just plain ignorant would begrudge England their victory. 

That's me Johno.

****ing Stokes should sharing a cell with his namesake (Stevie G as well). 

Great drama. Would have just loved NZ to pooped the party.

I had no sleep when 5-1 happened but was high on adrenalin and other substances all day after the final whistle.  Admittedly, I was 7 years younger.  This time, I was exhausted and slept all day till now.

Pretty sure I was emotionally drained.  I have never witnessed a sporting occasion like that and I feel heart sorry for NZ.  What a heartbreaking way to lose.

Well done England but goodness me, you rode your luck.

manaliveits105

It’s not even a real sport - just a game of rounders for  dafties who couldn’t play football or rugby

BBC sports personality team of the year no doubt and a couple of knighthoods beckon 

Still can’t understand why you get six because you’ve completed two runs and then an honest mistake by the “attacking” team results in effectively a second strike and the ball goes for four? Time and again there’s a run completed before the ball reaches the boundary, but you don’t get 5. 

That “six” was like accidentally scoring when trying to give the ball back at football. Arguably, England should’ve accepted a dot ball from the next delivery. Suppose sportsmanship goes out the window when a World Cup is on the line. 

Congratulations to England, the rules say they won and that’s that. We won the darts!

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s not even a real sport - just a game of rounders for  dafties who couldn’t play football or rugby

BBC sports personality team of the year no doubt and a couple of knighthoods beckon 

I've played a couple of knockabouts and one lamateur league game, facing no more than a medium pacer at local club level

Seriously.  F-that.

Instinct is to try and protect face with bat - hands when ducking should have been the correct option.