• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobboM

• Mikey1874

• Boris

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 overs in to the NZ innings, any thoughts?

NZ have been steady, got wickets in hand. They've stood up to pace of Archer and Wood. Don't think they've scored enough though, especially boundaries. I haven't seen many games recently that have lived up to the old adage of double the runs at 30 overs. Weather forecast to brighten and some sun later, might be better batting conditions for England?

141-4

Just England on top. Morgan bowling changes have brought the game back a bit. 

Two super confident sides will both back themselves to win.

Is it just me who thinks NZ are way behind?

I see folk saying 250 would be a good score and a 50-50 game. Apart from the fact I'm not sure they'll get to 250, I think england would knock that off fairly easily

8 minutes ago, babywhalo said:

Is it just me who thinks NZ are way behind?

I see folk saying 250 would be a good score and a 50-50 game. Apart from the fact I'm not sure they'll get to 250, I think england would knock that off fairly easily

During the rest of the tournament chasing totals has been difficult. England failed twice in the group stage chasing 220/230. Plus the added pressure of it being the final means runs on the board count for that wee bit extra.

CF11JamTart

Angela Haggerty on Five Live last night making the assertion that people in Scotland have no interest in cricket.

Always nice to hear sweeping statements from the uninformed.

Competitve total but not an intimidating one.

Got to say I thought England looked a little lacklustre in the field, especially run out efforts. Nothing spectacular or especialy worthy of a World Cup Final so far.

If England negotiate the opening 10 overs without losing a wicket I reckon it's theirs for the taking.

I think the commentators are over stating this total. Engladn will win this easily I reckon, probably within 35 overs. Decent pitch, fast outfield, short boundaries 

Duckworth Lewis target for 1 wicket down chasing 242 after 10 overs?

39-1

England on target, nothing more, nothing less ...

1 hour ago, babywhalo said:

I think the commentators are over stating this total. Engladn will win this easily I reckon, probably within 35 overs. Decent pitch, fast outfield, short boundaries 

Not looking anywhere near so straightforward now

Duckworth Lewis par score for 3 wickets down after 20 overs

93-3

England slipping well under target, have lost their 3 biggest wickets, they haven't had any big overs yet to get the pressure off their backs and back on NZ

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Not looking anywhere near so straightforward now

Duckworth Lewis par score for 3 wickets down after 20 overs

93-3

England slipping well under target, have lost their 3 biggest wickets, they haven't had any big overs yet to get the pressure off their backs and back on NZ

You're right. Looks close. Could be a great finale 

This is some finish

Last ball and a possible super over..went for 2 and victory but he is out I think AND JUST ONE RUN !!

A SUPER OVER WILL DECIDE THIS...Who are the best 2 batsmen and who is fit enough to compete ?

One over each side

• Weather permitting, the Super Over will commence 10 minutes after the main match. Each team bats one over under the same restrictions as for the final over in a pool match.
  • The team batting second in the main match will bat first in the Super Over.
  • Each side has three nominated batsmen, meaning that the loss of two wickets ends the Super Over.
  • In the event of the scores being level in the Super Over, the first satisfied of the following criteria will determine the winner:
    1. If the regular match utilised the Duckworth–Lewis method, criterion 4 immediately applies.
    2. The team with the most number of boundaries combined from the main match and the Super Over is the winner.
    3. The team with the most number of boundaries from the main match (that is, not including the Super Over) is the winner.
    4. A count-back from the final ball of the Super Over shall be conducted. The team with the higher scoring delivery is the winner. Runs scored from illegal deliveries count towards the total for the following legal delivery.

willie wallace

I thought football had some stupid rules but that extra four runs for Stokes is ridiculous.

Fantastic to watch all the same

3 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I thought football had some stupid rules but that extra four runs for Stokes is ridiculous.

Fantastic to watch all the same

And NZ take more wickets but not winning on a tied score.

But them's the rules.

Edited by DETTY29

14 minutes ago, CJGJ said:
  •   4. A count-back from the final ball of the Super Over shall be conducted. The team with the higher scoring delivery is the winner. Runs scored from illegal deliveries count towards the total for the following legal delivery.

that one is a doozy!

wide, 2 then a six

7 from 4 required..then a misfield and 5 from 3 required for NZ

ANOTHER 2 AND 3 FROM 2 required

2 from 1 required in the last ball or England win

Edited by CJGJ

England win last ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..run out going for the 2

What a finish

Edited by CJGJ

scott herbertson

Very sad for NZ whole lot of bad luck what with those 4 extra runs, getting more wickets and the reviews but those are indeed the rules

Guess The Crowd
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Luckiest win at anything ever.    

Cricket’s Geoff Hurst moment...

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Incredible. 

No other words.

Incredible Aye? Cricket world champions, a sport where no one other than the Empire gives a shit. 

Incredible :rofl:Gies peace.

2 hours ago, babywhalo said:

You're right. Looks close. Could be a great finale 

Unbelievable 

New Zealand had that game won too. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Incredible Aye? Cricket world champions, a sport where no one other than the Empire gives a shit. 

Proud

Eoin Morgan a proud Irishman sings the English / British national anthem too.

Not sure if he can be knighted? 

No matter what you say that 'deflection' decided this match......Lady Luck smiled on England...…………………………………...or was he that good he knew what he was doing ?

Cue all the theories !!!

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just for once take your own advice. 

Incredible too a young lad from West Indies Jofra Archer with help from another residential qualifier from South Africa Jason Roy in field did the final nerve racking action. 

Well done England. 

Edited by Mikey1874

been here before

Not really a cricket fan but watched it from England needing about 45 to win. Brilliant entertainment, thouroughly enjoyable. Backwards and forwards, to and fro never sure literally until the last ball who would win.

Crazy way for England to score 6 with the Kiwi fielder hitting it off the English batsmans bat as he was stretching for the crease.

Just goes to show that truly great sport is the best thing in the world. No theatre, book, film or work of art could provide that level of drama and excitement nor those feeling of euphoric highs or cataclysmic lows*.

One day cricket is a great format. I still dont reckon I could sit through a whole Test match.

* does not apply to tennis, snooker or golf as they're abject shite no matter what happens.

Edited by been here before

Well Done England! I genuinely feel sorry for those miserable sods that don't like it (strong anti-English element in their attitude)

Not sure I agree with the rule regarding the '6' but what can you do. He definitely never meant it though but I still dont think its right

Not really a cricket or tennis fan but this afternoon has been a great spectacle. Remote worn out with all the switching!!

Felt sorry for NZ with  the  'deflection', the equivalent of an accidental hand ball.