Wages fun

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Anyone any idea on wages etc.

My thoughts ( not worth much, I know) are than on 60% of £11m turnover we have £6.6 m per year to spend on wages.

Fag packet maths with 20% added on for NI contributions and pension contributions.

a player on £10 k a week will cost £624k, almost 10% of our budget, can't see how that would work so I am maxing out at an average of £7k for a key player

Key player £7k per week average

That's £436k.

say 3 key players players on that average  £1.3m, Likely Naismith Bryson types

1st team player on£ 4k average (£208k)

10x= £2m

Likely players that have extended contracts some new faces

squad players on £2.5k/ week average (£156k)

7x £1.1m

young players £1k/ week ( £52k)

20 x = (£1.25m)

Total £5.65m

Leaves £1m for mgt and coaching staff.

Unsure if our costs include non playing staff, however I believe turnover is closer to £12m so that would be absorbed by the increase in that if we stay at 60% wages/ turnover ratio.

Iv'e used an average so one 1st team player might get £4.5k, one might get £3,5k etc, even if you knocked 10% of the total,  it would still  be healthy.

Surely a set up like that would be attainable and have us well up the league.

Anyone else any ideas or info on our wages?

Plenty of hole to be poked I am sure, but it's a change from the cl in/out and relevant as we enter the transfer window.

Would a lower championship sided still piss all over that?

Portable Badger

I'm no expert but I'd imagine you'll need to include bonuses, leg waxing allowances  and bus fares.

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

What is there to gain exactly from this speculation? 

We haven't started a poll today...

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

pointless tbh

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I'm no expert but I'd imagine you'll need to include bonuses, leg waxing allowances  and bus fares.

I was thinking total, the make up my be different for each player, it's just rough figures. for a bit debate

possibly more for win bonus for the year, but if we are higher up in the league/ get further in cups then its pays for itself.

If your assumptions are anywhere near correct we should be changing our strip to black and white hoops with black masks with holes for the eyes :pirate:

Robbo-Jambo
58 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

My thoughts ( not worth much, I know) are than on 60% of £11m turnover we have £6.6 m per year to spend on wages.

Fag packet maths with 20% added on for NI contributions and pension contributions.

a player on £10 k a week will cost £624k, almost 10% of our budget, can't see how that would work so I am maxing out at an average of £7k for a key player

That's £436k.

10x= £2m

7x £1.1m

20 x = (£1.25m)

Total £5.65m

Unsure if our costs include non playing staff, however I believe turnover is closer to £12m so that would be absorbed by the increase in that if we stay at 60% wages/ turnover ratio.

Iv'e used an average so one 1st team player might get £4.5k, one might get £3,5k etc, even if you knocked 10% of the total,  it would still  be healthy.

Plenty of hole to be poked I am sure, but it's a change from the cl in/out and relevant as we enter the transfer window.

Interesting post with a lot of food for thought there Olly. ?

Pre season boredom has all ready kicked in plus there is **** all on the TV on a Monday night. ?

Roll on the new season. Pissed off with a lot of our performances last term but already missing it. 

Glutton for punishment as the wife would say. 

50 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

There’s not a player at the club earning over £5k per week.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. There was a post aaaaaaages ago, like a year or two ago, where some eedjit who looked like he worked for some company that processed players payments, posted a screenshot of the players wages from his desk. It might've been bullshit but it disappeared faster than Mirsad Besljia, so it lends it some credibility. 

Futurejambo
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

That's £436k.

10x= £2m

7x £1.1m

20 x = (£1.25m)

Total £5.65m

Think the players especially the young players will be wanting you as the next manager if you’re paying those kind of wages. 

1 hour ago, Roman1874 said:

Not a lot.

2 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

probably not much, on other hand is there much to lose on a fan's forum?

So no top 4 finish and no Europe.means money wasted .Hibs above us 2 years running and now 4th in attendance league. Things must change. Bring youngsters in and tell them do well and that is your bumper contract next season. If they don’t get that contract get shot of them.What Mercer done was low wage high bonus.

i wish jj was my dad
40 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

So no top 4 finish and no Europe.means money wasted .Hibs above us 2 years running and now 4th in attendance league. Things must change. Bring youngsters in and tell them do well and that is your bumper contract next season. If they don’t get that contract get shot of them.What Mercer done was low wage high bonus.

I hope the bonus was trebled when we ****ed the tramps because the players would have made a fortune.