Brick from Old Stand

Stuart Lyon

Stuart Lyon

Tried searching for a previous thread on this with no luck. Has anyone found a reasonably priced display case for their brick? Please supply details of where the case was bought if you have. Thanks

2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Tried searching for a previous thread on this with no luck. Has anyone found a reasonably priced display case for their brick? Please supply details of where the case was bought if you have. Thanks

I've got mine sitting on the fireplace with the wee plaque resting on top of it. Gets a wee rub before I leave for games - not sure why, as it's not proven lucky in the slightest. 

Not sure why you'd need a case for it. It's a brick. It's hardly fragile. 

Stuart Lyon
6 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I've got mine sitting on the fireplace with the wee plaque resting on top of it. Gets a wee rub before I leave for games - not sure why, as it's not proven lucky in the slightest. 

Just think it would be better in a case.

23 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Just think it would be better in a case.

Fair enough :fonzie:

I must admit my brick is sitting in the bottom of the wardrobe. I must get a display case this month.

:D Theres something hilariously brilliant about sticking a brick in a display case

The wonders of sentimental value :) 

been here before
55 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Who'd want to dust a brick though?

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Stop doing it then! 

:smiley2:

4 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Stuart - Whatever display case you plump for please remember to keep security firmly in mind. This might help:

http://www.human-detector.com/index.php/en/museums-en.html

And finally, consider having all members of the family and your friends screened. As Tom Cremers says:

ton.gif

Hope this helps in some small way.

John

Stuart Lyon
2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Stuart - Whatever display case you plump for please remember to keep security firmly in mind. This might help:

http://www.human-detector.com/index.php/en/museums-en.html

And finally, consider having all members of the family and your friends screened. As Tom Cremers says:

ton.gif

Hope this helps in some small way.

John

Thanks John - useful information.

Midloth_Iain
19 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

any good ?

https://www.displaydevelopments.co.uk/memorabilia-display-presentation-cases-p-19009.html

I’ve got two and they’re used for various things around the garden. Keeping my gate open, resting wee barbecues on, pinning down the tarp I use to keep my bike protected, that sort of thing. 

I got them fully fully expecting to keep them in pristine nick, in a case on display somewhere. But since initially housing them oot in the back green, they’ve just sort of found roles for themselves. I’ve now come round to thinking that they’re more useful as actual bricks than they are displays. And they’re hardy as **** ??

...and besides, they’re oot the back keeping my rusty auld four set of Tynie seats company ??

Armageddon

I've got 2 on my drive so I know when to stop reversing, parking sensors don't pick up the railway sleeper, which is a pain.

Durham Jambo

I got mine framed at Edinburgh Arts and Picture Framers on the corner of Nicholson Street and South College Street.  Cost me £100 and it now sits proudly on the wall of my office.  They'll almost certainly remember  it as they had never had anyone ask to frame a brick before.

Having problems uploading a photo but there's a picture on the thread with the link below:

2 hours ago, Durham Jambo said:

I got mine framed at Edinburgh Arts and Picture Framers on the corner of Nicholson Street and South College Street.  Cost me £100 and it now sits proudly on the wall of my office.  They'll almost certainly remember  it as they had never had anyone ask to frame a brick before.

Having problems uploading a photo but there's a picture on the thread with the link below:

Hearts_Brick.jpeg

japanjambo

Mine just sits at the bottom of my stairs beside.the front door. Weighs a ton! They dinny make.bricks like that anymore! ?

19 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Thanks to all who have offered help. bn Jambo £100 is too dear for me.

Me too!!!  that's the picture Durham Jambo was trying to post.

I still can't believe so many of us rushed down to Tynecastle to pay £10 for a brick :rofl: 

I love mine though, and the Gorgie canvas bag they came with was a great wee touch!  It's just sitting on my desk, and I haven't thought of anything better to do with it yet!  Might incorporate in into a garden feature at some point, with a maroon and white colour scheme but literally no idea what else to do with it.  It's a brick!!

It's still got quite a lot of concrete/mortar stuck to it which I would be keen to remove.  If anyone had the same with theirs, and found an easy way to remove it without damaging the brick itself, I'd be keen to know how you did it!

1 hour ago, bn jambo said:

Hearts_Brick.jpeg

Now this is the dogs bollocks. I want this, I want this, I want this !

Guess what “I want this”.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Now this is the dogs bollocks. I want this, I want this, I want this !

Guess what “I want this”.

@durhamhearts is a millionaire clearly. £10 for a brick then £100 for a case for it.  My Mrs would go mental. ?

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

@durhamhearts is a millionaire clearly. £10 for a brick then £100 for a case for it.  My Mrs would go mental. ?

My June didn't say no. Mind you she never said yes either.

But I want it.......for Fathers Day.

Portable Badger
16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Time to change your wife !!!;)

davemclaren
11 hours ago, mitch41 said:

My June didn't say no. Mind you she never said yes either.

But I want it.......for Fathers Day.

Good shout. 

20 hours ago, tian447 said:

I still can't believe so many of us rushed down to Tynecastle to pay £10 for a brick :rofl: 

I love mine though, and the Gorgie canvas bag they came with was a great wee touch!  It's just sitting on my desk, and I haven't thought of anything better to do with it yet!  Might incorporate in into a garden feature at some point, with a maroon and white colour scheme but literally no idea what else to do with it.  It's a brick!!

It's still got quite a lot of concrete/mortar stuck to it which I would be keen to remove.  If anyone had the same with theirs, and found an easy way to remove it without damaging the brick itself, I'd be keen to know how you did it!

Mine had a lot of concrete on it but I managed to scrape it all off with  blunt knife Haha.

durhamhearts
23 hours ago, davemclaren said:

davemclaren its Durham Jambo not me that's the millionaire pal

davemclaren
Just now, durhamhearts said:

davemclaren its Durham Jambo not me that's the millionaire pal

Ah, wrong millionaire. Apologies. ?

Durham Jambo
On 04/06/2019 at 16:03, davemclaren said:

I wish. I’ve more money than sense though. It’s about the same as you’d pay for a decent frame for a top and it’s a bit more unique. 

davemclaren
33 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

I wish. I’ve more money than sense though. It’s about the same as you’d pay for a decent frame for a top and it’s a bit more unique. 

Trust me, I’m impressed!! It’s certainly a one off and a part of our history. Looking for a cheaper presentation box though. ?

pennyjambo22
On 04/06/2019 at 16:41, Bambo Badonde said:

Make sure no one throws a gold watch through the glass to get to the brick 

?????

been here before
15 minutes ago, jake said:

What about a small fish tank?

Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says...

...you got any idea how to drive this thing?

Thats all folks.

Stuart, try going round second hand shops, or even better, join a craft class this autumn, many of which are run by the council. The instructor will help you to design it and also help at each stage of the construction. Think of the satisfaction of a unique cabinet made by yourself.

Jambo 4 Ever
19 minutes ago, eusabio said:

Stuart, try going round second hand shops, or even better, join a craft class this autumn, many of which are run by the council. The instructor will help you to design it and also help at each stage of the construction. Think of the satisfaction of a unique cabinet made by yourself.

that's a good idea

Stuart Lyon
4 hours ago, eusabio said:

I have no talent whatsoever for making things but thanks for the suggestion re second hand shops.

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 04/06/2019 at 09:53, Durham Jambo said:

Thats a quality presentation case. How is your brick so clean though?

• 3 weeks later...