Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• kimosavi

• Mr Elwood P

• Finlay James

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Inch Hearts

Bad loss if so imo, I rate him very highly but he’s not getting much of a look in behind an exceptional Michael Smith. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Seems fair enough. He's a reasonable player, and works hard but we can/should do better.

Suits both parties to be honest, and he shouldn't have trouble finding a decent championship side or equivalent. He can then have the game time he needs.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Bad loss if so imo, I rate him very highly but he’s not getting much of a look in behind an exceptional Michael Smith. 

There’s not that between them but he’s better than Brandon imo

Finlay James

Marcus is a decent player but I'm not sure he's at our level.  I can see him heading back to Canada/USA this summer.

Smith is obviously our established right back and the club seem to prefer Brandon over Godinho.  IMO, we have better right backs in the reserves and U-18's that could provide cover for Smith.  Jay Sandison and Cammy Logan are very highly regarded at the club.  Logan in particular, is very comfortable on the ball.

David McCaig

I have my doubts over whether Godinho is going to make it or not. It has to be a huge concern that even at 21 his ongoing knee problem means his training schedule and game time has to be carefully managed.

One thing for certain is that he is no Hickey, Paterson or Cochrane.

It’s a shame. I like him as a player. I think he could go on to become a good player over time. Obviously doesn’t want to sit on the bench and wait for Smith to get injured or suspended though. Maybe the management told him Brandon is ahead of him too?

Mike Tyson

Both he and Brandon are miles away from the quality we need in the squad. Both have had their share of injury issues, but they are never going to make it

9 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I've got a bet with someone on here that he'll be away before pre season starts

Hector?????????

Or was it @Herbert

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Started well but never really kicked on. Wouldn't be a huge wage but creates space 

Bit disappointed, hasn't really worked out for any of our Canadian lads, Paton - gone, Godinho - likely to go, Zanatta - last chance saloon.  

Bob Loblaw

I think he's far better than Brandon personally, but neither one are likely to shift Smith.  If he wants to play more that's fair enough, good luck to the laddie.

1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

Neither Godinho or Brandon will be good enough.

I've said this before. Not a popular opinion but I'm not sure defensively he will be at the level we need. He's an honest lad and does a job, but if we do let him go get a sell on clause in there. 

Don't forget young Cammy Logan played lots of reserve team football, Scotland at age group and started in the reserve cup final win. Godinho and Brandon for me are not miles ahead of him.

I think letting him explore moves away is fair enough. But if he stayed fair enough as well. Long term will he be our right back I don't think so.

King prawn
9 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

This is where I’m at as well. 

Wish the guy all the best but should probably move on while his stock is high (getting into Canada u21 squad) should land him a decent move

Won’t be anything more than decent back up imo.

If he wants to go, I wouldn’t stand in his way.

Good luck to him.

Best for both worlds if he leaves imo. He did ok in the few games he played but I suspect he’s behind Brandon in CL’s eyes and we don’t need three right backs for the first team squad.

Absolute Scenes

I'd have Godhinio ahead of Brandon, but having said that if Smith was out and Godhinio stepped in, for say, a derby game - I'd have the utter fear

Good footballer but someone like Dundee United would be a good level for him

12 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Wish the guy all the best but should probably move on while his stock is high (getting into Canada u21 squad) should land him a decent move

He's in the full squad.

Never seems to be 100% fit and even when he’s playing he’s always cramping up after about an hour. Looked a good prospect though.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Simply not good enough if we want to move onto next level and there will be some others in the same situation as him 

Pretty average right back.  if he's not going to get game time with us, move him on with a sell on clause.

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Simply not good enough if we want to move onto next level and there will be some others in the same situation as him 

Correct

upgotheheads

He is the kind of player we seem to produce a lot of, quite good but unlikely to be more than an average SPL player. It might be that the coaching team don't think he has much more development in him, and with Brandon available and others coming through it might be time for him to move on. He wont have any trouble finding another club at a decent level, Dundee United maybe.

Jamboscanbevicius

Seems a decent lad and hope he has a good career, but think it’s the right time for

him to try and establish himself elsewhere.

Gene Parmesan

Given the choice I'd want Godinho over Brandon every time, but in truth neither looks likely to be better than back-up. Hope Godinho can find a club where he can play and flourish. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

There’s not that between them but he’s better than Brandon imo

I disagree 

i think Brandon has more potential and he’s Scottish too 

As a few have said, really don’t think either are good enough. A lot of similarities to McHattie.

Both are half decent going forward, but poor defensively and both look a lot worse after injury, which happened with McHattie too. 

Personally I’d let both go and bring in one right back. 

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Moore and zanatta been told the same I believe 

Moore I'm not bothered about but gutted about Zanatta if true - really think he could have kicked on and been a regular this year

I like him. Decent at wing back, less so in a flat back four. He’s not displacing Smith in either role any time soon) depending on how we set up), though. 

HamishMcGonagall

His crossing is woeful. Puts him from an average player to a below-average player. Not too fussed if he moves on.

Edited by HamishMcGonagall

1 hour ago, Mike Tyson said:

Both he and Brandon are miles away from the quality we need in the squad. Both have had their share of injury issues, but they are never going to make it

100% agree.

Brilliant just read all the replies , everyone in agreement not fussed good for both parties, good luck to the lad let him leave , give it 6 months and the boys on fire ? and this place will be in meltdown looking for someone to blame. 

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

Totally agree, both bang average and Godinho has had enough opportunities to show he has the opportunity to kick on and hasn't.  Neither leaving would be a loss.

Before people start claiming we should support young players I totally agree but only if they show they have what it takes when given a chance (i.e. Cochrane and McDonald and hopefully now Smith Irving and Hickey). 

Robbo-Jambo

No great loss. Average player who will end up at the likes of Falkirk or Dunfermline. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Michael Smith has been a great signing

He never has a bad game and is a huge player for us with his experience and was badly missed when he was out injured for a long spell. 

Mr Dependable who is underrated IMO. 

Was beginning to look good before his previous injury, hasn't really found the form again (though hasn't had a run in the team either).

Probably fair enough if he can find a new club.

34 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Brilliant just read all the replies , everyone in agreement not fussed good for both parties, good luck to the lad let him leave , give it 6 months and the boys on fire ? and this place will be in meltdown looking for someone to blame. 

Isn’t that the risk when any youngster is allowed to leave?

When was the last time we were left kicking ourselves at a youngster leaving and him going onto better things?

Phil D. Corners
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Michael Smith has been a great signing

He never has a bad game and is a huge player for us with his experience and was badly missed when he was out injured for a long spell. 

Mr Dependable who is underrated IMO. 

I would of had Smith as my player of the season.

Godinho had a chance when smith was injured and did not really take it. Did okay... but did not wow me. 

The White Cockade

Shame if he goes as when fully fit he’s far better than Brandon

Good attitude and composed on the ball