10 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

No ****in need for that J.

Had forgotten but had to Google.

You sir are a wrong un.

Bowfin. 

What’s she done?

jambomjm74
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

45,000 at this game.  Absolute vindication of what Hearts are doing now.

Women's football has a massive future.  Critical that we are part of that.

Relishing the England/ Scotland game.  What a victory that would be.

Yes it is positive, home team at a World Cup though. 

Currently women’s football has probably similar crowds to reserve football. 

on toniights Viewing about half an hour, it doesn’t compare to the men’s game for me and I wouldn’t pay to watch - unless I had someone i knew playing ...

Sorry I don’t get the hype and equality stuff, it’s a different game and really not that good. 

Artful Dodger

Enjoyed the game and will watch the entire tournament now.

In fact, I might even venture over to France to take in a game or 2.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

on toniights Viewing about half an hour, it doesn’t compare to the men’s game for me and I wouldn’t pay to watch - unless I had someone i knew playing ...

Sorry I don’t get the hype and equality stuff, it’s a different game and really not that good. 

The technique is good. Capable of passing quickly in tight spots etc 

Lacks the power of the men’s game though. 

part_time_jambo
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another tight VAR offside

Back to 1-0

Need to change the offside rule to allow these tight ones where only part of body is in front 

Especially in the women's game!

Edited by part_time_jambo

Taffin
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

Yes it is positive, home team against Hibs though.

Currently Scottish football has probably similar crowds to league one football.

on toniights Viewing about an hour, it doesn't compare to the English game for me and I wouldn't pay to watch - unless I had someone i knew playing...

Sorry I don't get the hype, it's a different game and really not that good.

Edited by Taffin

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Tell you what, the standard of some of France's play last night was superb. Really looking forward to the rest of this tournament.

JamboAndrew
Posted (edited)

Level is definitely improving at a faster rate in the past few years. Of course, if you look at the number of young guys who basically live to kick a ball when they are young compared to the number of women, it's a huge difference. And that comes through at every level still. 

I think by the next world cup you will see some genuinely great pass and move teams who are more physical. Some of the French play was great.

The one area I don't see improving is goalkeeping. And that unfortunately for me is a huge area the game needs to address as calamitous keeping takes the shine off any game. Just think of Madrid Liverpool.

This and defenders being better positionally and a bit more physical and I can see decent paying crowds. 

Would it be possible to have Hearts Ladies play straight after the men on a Saturday? Not everyone would stay, but paying fans would get a chance to cheer on our team and our team would get audiences they just wouldn't get otherwise.

Edited by JamboAndrew

John Findlay

Henry scoring a superb goal for France. Nothing ever changes😁

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Level is definitely improving at a faster rate in the past few years. Of course, if you look at the number of young guys who basically live to kick a ball when they are young compared to the number of women, it's a huge difference. And that comes through at every level still. 

I think by the next world cup you will see some genuinely great pass and move teams who are more physical. Some of the French play was great.

The one area I don't see improving is goalkeeping. And that unfortunately for me is a huge area the game needs to address as calamitous keeping takes the shine off any game. Just think of Madrid Liverpool.

This and defenders being better positionally and a bit more physical and I can see decent paying crowds. 

Would it be possible to have Hearts Ladies play straight after the men on a Saturday? Not everyone would stay, but paying fans would get a chance to cheer on our team and our team would get audiences they just wouldn't get otherwise.

Most women's goalkeepers are small so from that starting point, they're at a massive disadvantage. 

Taffin
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Most women's goalkeepers are small so from that starting point, they're at a massive disadvantage. 

Yeh, most 5ft6(ish) men would be poor in goals compared to a 6ft2+ keeper.

Olly Lee's left boot
7 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Good idea reference after the man's game. 

Be great to boo two teams for the price of one. 

Might even get some folk renewing at the thought of that. 

Thought Police
34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I agree. Men’s goals are built for keepers like De Gea and Courtois. Female keepers shouldn’t be asked to play in the same size of goal.

132goals1958
50 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh, most 5ft6(ish) men would be poor in goals compared to a 6ft2+ keeper.

Apart from Jocky Robertson who was 5ft 51/2 and played for Third Lanark . Hearts man through and through and almost denied us in aLeague cup final. A good all round goalkeeper including in the air.

maroondevo52
20 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Apart from Jocky Robertson who was 5ft 51/2 and played for Third Lanark . Hearts man through and through and almost denied us in aLeague cup final. A good all round goalkeeper including in the air.

Superb keeper, always wanted to play for Hearts.

Nookie Bear
44 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I agree. Men’s goals are built for keepers like De Gea and Courtois. Female keepers shouldn’t be asked to play in the same size of goal.

Goal sizes have been unchanged since forever and I would imagine most keepers in the old days were around the 6ft or less mark?

Olly Lee's left boot
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Goal sizes have been unchanged since forever and I would imagine most keepers in the old days were around the 6ft or less mark?

Some of the keeping in the old days was howling as well Tbf. 

Woman are still a good bit smaller in average than men, always have been. 

jonnothejambo
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Jim Cruickshank wasn't tall. Without looking it up I would guess he was around 5' 8 or 9".

No doubt someone will correct me ....

jonnothejambo
4 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

What’s she done?

Quite a lot.......

:wink:

Taffin
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Goal sizes have been unchanged since forever and I would imagine most keepers in the old days were around the 6ft or less mark and were worse than the women's keepers.

FTFY.

jambomjm74
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Yes it is positive, home team against Hibs though.

Currently Scottish football has probably similar crowds to league one football.

on toniights Viewing about an hour, it doesn't compare to the English game for me and I wouldn't pay to watch - unless I had someone i knew playing...

Sorry I don't get the hype, it's a different game and really not that good.

Very smart ... but not very clever. Tube 

Taffin
Just now, jambomjm74 said:

Very smart ... but not very clever. Tube 

😭😭 Diddums.

Truth hurts I see.

Thaw

Bad miss from the China forward player early on, taking a touch rather than shoot into an unguarded net.

Germany beginning to dominate as expected and look dangerous from set-pieces.

jambomjm74
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

😭😭 Diddums.

Truth hurts I see.

Ha ha. No it’s like chalk and cheese and not worth the hype. 

I guess as I’ve got nothing positive to say, I should have said nowt... 

Taffin
Just now, jambomjm74 said:

Ha ha. No it’s like chalk and cheese and not worth the hype. 

I guess as I’ve got nothing positive to say, I should have said nowt... 

I'm only messing with you btw. 

I do agree that the hype (especially from the BBC) is nauseating. It's got a long way to go but as more women get into it the standard will raise. I just think as fans of Scottish football we have a cheek turning our nose up at lower/other/different levels when many people could make those very same accusations about our game.

It's the level it currently is and it's best to either ignore it or try to enjoy it. I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow more than tonight...simply because the girls tomorrow will likely give their absolute all and play with their heart rather than the overpaid wasters that will be on show tonight if they've bothered to make themselves available.

Tazio

China using the classic tactic against Germany of booting them at every opportunity. 

highlandjambo3

Some of those Chinese blokes look quite tough 

Taffin

Germany really inviting a Chinese goal. France looked a lot, lot better than the Germans.

Jambo_Gaz
4 hours ago, Thought Police said:

So...they're not equal to the men? 

jambomjm74
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm only messing with you btw. 

I do agree that the hype (especially from the BBC) is nauseating. It's got a long way to go but as more women get into it the standard will raise. I just think as fans of Scottish football we have a cheek turning our nose up at lower/other/different levels when many people could make those very same accusations about our game.

It's the level it currently is and it's best to either ignore it or try to enjoy it. I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow more than tonight...simply because the girls tomorrow will likely give their absolute all and play with their heart rather than the overpaid wasters that will be on show tonight if they've bothered to make themselves available.

No worries bud. 

I find the hype doesn’t match the product (no where near)  and I feel it’s a bit forced, by an equality agenda. The press and tv coverage    , particularly through the beeb, to me is forced. 

I accept that EPL vs SpL gap is massive, but it’s still the same sport and atmosphere... this is for different customers and not for me.

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

China using the classic tactic against Germany of booting them at every opportunity. 

It’s working though, they’ve had the best chances too. 

Thought Police
28 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

So...they're not equal to the men? 

Female basketball players have lower baskets and female hurdlers have lower hurdles, but I think you knew that was my point.

Folk who can’t distinguish between the physical differences and their equal rights as people are probably virgins.

kila

Good strike that, 1-0 Germany

China been pissing about at the back too much

avhudtheteeshirt
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Funny, I thought the ref was German, the way Chinese tackles were winning the ball and ref giving freekicks for Germany???

Some of the advantages were ridiculous as well, one of them the ball was moved up field 50 yards and once Germany lost possession pulled it all the way back to the centre circle?

I think the men's game is bad for biased refs, but it looks like the woman's is the same!!!!!

Maroon Sailor

HT

Spain 0-1 South Africa

Another goal over the goalie's head

Taffin
10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

HT

Spain 0-1 South Africa

Another goal over the goalie's head

And that one really had no excuse...she didn't jump. 

Bring on the Future
34 minutes ago, Taffin said:

And that one really had no excuse...she didn't jump. 

I also thought she reached with the wrong hand. The ball was going into the top left corner and she reached across her body with her right hand. Going with her left would have been better. 

I thought the penalty for the equaliser was soft (she was protecting her face) but I’ve only seen it once. 

Maroon Sailor

The ball only has to hit your hand now inside  the box and it's a penalty

Not a lot the defender could do about it from that range

Maroon Sailor

Spain going to get another VAR pen

Maroon Sailor

South Africa down to 10 women

Maroon Sailor

Spain getting out of jail here 

2-1

Jambo_Gaz
3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Spain getting out of jail here 

2-1

Only you seems to care. 🤣

Homme

Missed today's games. Will sit down with the wee one tomorrow and cheers on Scotland. 

Huge task to get anything from the England game but live in hope. 

Maroon Sailor
7 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

I'm a football fan

3fingersreid

Australia v Italy , what a time to take on the VAR . Correct decision tho ,but what a fantastic ball thru from the Italian player .

Morgan
15 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

:cornette:

Olly Lee's left boot

Actually looking forward to this game more than I did last nights. 

More a reflection on the men's set up than the women being great, but still. I never thought I'd think like that, ever. 

Morgan

It’s just started to rain here, along with thunder and some lightning.

Hopefully it’ll clear the air as it’s been really muggy all morning.

Olly Lee's left boot

Hi

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s just started to rain here, along with thunder and some lightning.

Hopefully it’ll clear the air as it’s been really muggy all morning.

Is it a little bit frightening....