Maroon Sailor

Fifa Women's World Cup

vegas-voss

I don't think there is any need for the ref to go over to monitors they should just be over ruled by the 4 of them in the video room.

Diadora Van Basten
13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't think there is any need for the ref to go over to monitors they should just be over ruled by the 4 of them in the video room.

I think that as well it takes far too long.

Ballitojambo

The whole timing is wrong ,in this case the ref awarded the penalty, the ball was placed and just before the actual kick, it was hold on there's a doubt, surely they

can decide quicker than this or if if there's that much doubt just leave it to the on field decision, i see the reasoning behind VAR, but you got to wonder if its just

turning football into more more of a tv drama, how long before adverts in VAR time, and of course have a bet on VAR outcomes.

Mikey1874
5 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

The whole timing is wrong ,in this case the ref awarded the penalty, the ball was placed and just before the actual kick, it was hold on there's a doubt, surely they

can decide quicker than this or if if there's that much doubt just leave it to the on field decision, i see the reasoning behind VAR, but you got to wonder if its just

turning football into more more of a tv drama, how long before adverts in VAR time, and of course have a bet on VAR outcomes.

Yes. And VAR people should have taken responsibility to say it was not possible to say either way by looking at the video again. 

Lovecraft
15 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

You can guarantee the Americans will already be showing ads during VAR.

Lovecraft
31 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Maybe they get called over if not all agree with the decision, or what they are seeing on the replay?

Maroon Sailor

Beginning to doubt the whole ethics of this tournament.

Looking back to the group stages they were keen to let people know what the viewing figures were.

VAR has definitely sided with the higher fan based nations and so far we have Germany, Norway,  England, France and USA.

All going according to plan

I see Canada, China and Japan making up the last 8 especially if VAR gets involved

Lovecraft

Sweden Canada is pretty poor so far.

Doesn't look like either team have any good players.

Maroon Sailor

Well that was dreadful

HT

🇸🇪  0-0 🇨🇦 

Mikey1874

Nice goal 

Maroon Sailor

VAR pen inbound for Canada

Mikey1874

VAR penalty for Canada for handball 

Maroon Sailor

Nobody claims for the pen but VAR gives it

Mikey1874

Great save 

Maroon Sailor

Saved

Mikey1874

Keeper did well clearly keeping feet near / enough on line 

Edited by Mikey1874

Maroon Sailor

22 penalties already in this tournament !

Lovecraft
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

22 penalties already in this tournament !

I'm trying to think of a game that didn't have a penalty.

Maroon Sailor

Decent penalty but keeper got lucky and moved the right way early

Mikey1874
9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Saved

Mikey1874

Another very very tight offside 

Maroon Sailor

FS

No pen for Sweden as slightly offside by a right foot in the lead up

System is taking the natural enjoyment away from being awarded a penalty or scoring a goal

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Footballfirst

Would have been interesting to see the reaction if the VAR review after the final whistle had deemed it a penalty.

Edited by Footballfirst

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Would have been interesting if the VAR review after the final whistle had deemed it a penalty.

Yep, looked more likely to be a penalty than the one that they got earlier, but once full time blown, then no review possible. Wonder if they need to alter the rule to allow for a review after end of game as no dead ball time to allow VAR team to operate.

Mikey1874
18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, looked more likely to be a penalty than the one that they got earlier, but once full time blown, then no review possible. Wonder if they need to alter the rule to allow for a review after end of game as no dead ball time to allow VAR team to operate.

A VAR check was done. 

I do note the point about the full time whistle. 

Stephen Muddie

Losing interest in this tournament now. Not becuase it's girls, just because it's been shite viewing watching all the daft decisions and even with VAR which we all wanted to work, it's not made it any clearer or transparent for teams and fans. So much additional time and boring lulls. Wrong calls, inconsistency, and no shortage of embarrassing play. Will still watch games I guess but the whole handling of the tournament by FIFA has done the ladies game a dis-service IMO. 

vegas-voss

That USA penalty surely they had better angles than that what was shown.How the **** will VAR ever work in Scotland we seem to have about 2 cameras at most matches 😂

If it's not clear cut then pens should not be given.If it takes 5 mins for a penalty to be called a pen then they clearly have strong doubts.

DesertDawg

John,

You make some really good points but the problem here has been the total lack of quality training of the referees and, probably, the VAR reviewers too.  FIFA has definitely got that wrong, especially with the amount of time taken to reach a decision.  I'll get crucified for this but that's a female thing that complicates VAR too.  I have watched VAR in MLS for a year and a half now and it works really well but the league spent a lot of money on the equipment and training of the officials.  Believe me, I've officiated at a lot of school games and this is very different. Of course, U.S. fans are accustomed to video officials in baseball, basketball and hockey so it is, yo a certain extent, a different world.

What do you think of this one?

ri Alban

After seeing what the Cameroon team got up to, I'm glad England put them oot.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

John,

You make some really good points but the problem here has been the total lack of quality training of the referees and, probably, the VAR reviewers too.  FIFA has definitely got that wrong, especially with the amount of time taken to reach a decision.  I'll get crucified for this but that's a female thing that complicates VAR too.  I have watched VAR in MLS for a year and a half now and it works really well but the league spent a lot of money on the equipment and training of the officials.  Believe me, I've officiated at a lot of school games and this is very different. Of course, U.S. fans are accustomed to video officials in baseball, basketball and hockey so it is, yo a certain extent, a different world.

What do you think of this one?

Hmmm

At what point does the jostling to get to the ball become a shove and a foul...basically when the defender made the pushing motion. probably just outside the box where it was given. 

Would be raging if we we never got the pen though!