Fifa Women's World Cup

Maroon Sailor

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think Scotland have had the best looking player in the tournament.

jennifer-beattie-manchester-city-KDCE2C.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Lovecraft said:

jennifer-beattie-manchester-city-KDCE2C.

I think in true Scottish style I would look like Paw Broon next to Maw Broon if I was stepping out with Beattie.

19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It has certainly been better than dreadful  Champion League final and the dross the men served up in Euro qualifiers. Women's game has got bigger as have tv audiences and they deserve the coverage they have been getting.

Dont see why anyone wouldn't have enjoyed efforts of players but they have been badly let down by officials.

It's been woeful, of course they've had bigger TV audiences because there's no other football to watch, I was giving it a chance but the standard is terrible and the officiating is even worse. I can't stand the faux positivity surrounding it as well, nobody can say a bad word about any of it.

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

What happened to giving the benefit of doubt to the attacker if there is millimetres in it?

The offside rule needs to be changed. Maybe that the body / trunk is forward or similar to encourage attacking football. 

Portable Badger
49 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I was referring to the boot......

I should probably rephrase that too...

:vrface:

?

First time I saw the original post it brought memories flooding back of a summer's day with Rita fi Rochdale !!!! ;)

20 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

It's been woeful, of course they've had bigger TV audiences because there's no other football to watch, I was giving it a chance but the standard is terrible and the officiating is even worse. I can't stand the faux positivity surrounding it as well, nobody can say a bad word about any of it.

Apart from Copa America and the African cup of Nations...? 

God forbid people being positive about something they are enjoying.

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sounds like a fishy tale...

Don't know about fish but I bloody caught something off her !!!!!

Watched the first half in the kitchen. Bumped into my wife in the hall (her and my daughter rule the sitting room TV) and she asked me the score. 

I couldn't tell her. Genuinely couldn't remember if France's goal had stood after the VAR shenanigans.

If VAR is the future I reckon there's a possibility that football, specifically the format and timing of games, will change. Something along the lines of American football: 15 minute quarters, the ref stopping the clock at every VAR decision, and 1 hour of actual football taking place over a 2 hour+ period of real time. 

indianajones
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Diame for France looks a very good player.

Sign her up. 

Shes got some power! 

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Sign her up. 

Shes got some power! 

Exactly the type of player a Hearts could do with. 

Maybe shes got a brother :thumb:

15 minutes ago, weaz1981 said:

Apart from Copa America and the African cup of Nations...? 

God forbid people being positive about something they are enjoying.

Both of which aren't on BBC or people would be watching them.

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Both of which aren't on BBC or people would be watching them.

What other football is at any other time of the year? Shan argument. Just don't watch it then.

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Wee Burney just came on for Brazil.

Has she replaced Formiga the 41 year old! 

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Hope France go through.

Yeah, I will miss those polka dot take me to bed jammies. 

England manager lol just released a statement criticising Cameroon’s players behaviour towards officials.Pot kettle black spring to mind,this coming from a guy who played in a Man Utd team who won titles and were famed for doing the exact same, what foot is the shoe on now Phil 

4 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

England manager lol just released a statement criticising Cameroon’s players behaviour towards officials.Pot kettle black spring to mind,this coming from a guy who played in a Man Utd team who won titles and were famed for doing the exact same, what foot is the shoe on now Phil 

Yeah. 

It's got nothing to do with him. 

English manager thinks they have the moral superiority. 

Of course Cameroon were out of order but I quite liked their spirit. Was up to referee to control things. Should have booked players and sent off coach from what highlights I saw. 

colinmaroon

Quite an enjoyable game blighted by that staccato, always ending in a high note commentary from the equal outcome commentator.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Quite an enjoyable game blighted by that staccato, always ending in a high note commentary from the equal outcome commentator.

Still prefer him to robot wars Pierce.

colinmaroon
Just now, JackLadd said:

Still prefer him to robot wars Pierce.

Him's a her - maybe???

Maroon Sailor
32 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

The France manager is terrifying.

IMG_4057.JPG

2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Brilliant? You honestly think this has been brilliant? :rofl: you must hate football.

The football hasn't been brilliant but it's been entertaining to watch. The France-Brasil game has been very enjoyable. Now that we're getting to the better teams, the games are more interesting. 

Regarding the Brasil goal, there you have a VAR decision giving the correct but unjust decision. In that, yes, the Brazilian lass was onside when she scored, but it was clearly a corner for France before hand. Brasil get the goal kick, keep possion as they go up the pitch and immediately score from it. I'd be pissed if I was a France fan.