• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What happened to giving the benefit of doubt to the attacker if there is millimetres in it?

Rule is still there. It reads 'in the case of a tight decision, the benefit of the doubt should be given to the bigger and favoured nation'. Cameroon goal very similar to US goal in group v Sweden (if I remember correctly).

The White Cockade

I thought if an offside was that close and if  any doubt at all then the benefit goes to the attacking team

This VAR crap is ruining this competition 

Kills the game stone dead

VAR chat has dominated the tournament and that cannot be right. 

It's been used to nit pick on small fractional decisions rather than the "clear and obvious errors " that I thought it was meant to correct.

I think FIFA and other football authorities need to seriously consider how it's used going forward because, in theory, it should be a positive.

Also it can't be denied that so far it's been all the "smaller " nations  ( in terms of this tournament ) on the end of the harshest VAR calls. Will be interesting when we get to the business end to see how it's applied. 

The Internet
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Will VAR be in place up here for the new season ? 

No. Is being trialled in England though. 

Ferryjambo99
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Will VAR be in place up here for the new season ? 

No but will be down south. Madden and collum are trained in it. Dont know about the others 

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Snorri1 said:

VAR chat has dominated the tournament and that cannot be right. 

It's been used to nit pick on small fractional decisions rather than the "clear and obvious errors " that I thought it was meant to correct.

I think FIFA and other football authorities need to seriously consider how it's used going forward because, in theory, it should be a positive.

Also it can't be denied that so far it's been all the "smaller " nations  ( in terms of this tournament ) on the end of the harshest VAR calls. Will be interesting when we get to the business end to see how it's applied. 

The next game up. France v Brazil will be interesting  with regard the use of VAR.

gashauskis9

The quality of officiating at this tournament has been brutal.  Not surprised to see that the arsehole from the Scotland v Argentina game is assistant ref for this one.

9.5 mins added time, we got 5!

Edited by Gashauskis9

Just now, Angel eyes said:

Was that the ref in the Scotland Argentina game?

She was an assistant today.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

She was an assistant today.

That challenge at the end happened under her nose and they had to go to VAR.  Ridiculous.

The use of VAR is completely different from the men's U21 tournament where it's being used sensibly and managed extremely well.

The idiots managing it in this woman's tournament haven't got a clue. It's nearly got me switching off now.

Bint doing the analysis with the purple dress says there are not enough good refs! Why not have experienced male refs until there are enough capable women there women in the men’s game!

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That challenge at the end happened under her nose and they had to go to VAR.  Ridiculous.

Agreed. It was a Red card all day long.

adambraejambo
3 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Bint doing the analysis with the purple dress says there are not enough good refs! Why not have experienced male refs until there are enough capable women there women in the men’s 

Ferryjambo99

Bizarrely bibiana steinhaus who is probably the best woman referee out there has only had 1 match at the tournament so far

I enjoyed the game. 

The only decision the ref didn't get right was at the end. The yellow was a red all day long. The Cameroon players lost the plot at perceived injustices, not the ref. I feel that, under the circs, she was fine.

adambraejambo

Ops sorry for quoting you. Mobile froze. I agree though. Proper world cup, mean the men's the refs are normally the best around from the countries they represent. These refs we see in this tournament are shocking and are ruining what could be a good tournament.  

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

The English girls are not averse to leaving it in.

:oohmatron:

Do you want to rephrase that comment ??

6 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Ops sorry for quoting you. Mobile froze. I agree though. Proper world cup, mean the men's the refs are normally the best around from the countries they represent. These refs we see in this tournament are shocking and are ruining what could be a good tournament.  

I’m not demeaning the women’s game but if this kinda of farce today and the carry on in our game continues due to refs then they’ll never get the women’s game taken seriously.

14 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Bizarrely bibiana steinhaus who is probably the best woman referee out there has only had 1 match at the tournament so far

Yeah, quite bizarre. I imagine she'd use her experience over millimetre details from VAR, so the corrupt VAR officials would be less influential :whistling:

The rat catcher
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, she's shite.

Should spend more time practicing than putting on fake eyelashes and tan.

Oh dear. Some goal by her and a complete own goal by you.

This tournament has been a complete and utter joke. Bin wummins football in my opinion,  it's shite.

Edited by RudiHMFC

What an embarrassment. Truly uncivilised nonsense from Cameroon's players. Someone have a word with them on sporting equitette... what a shambles of a team.

Someone mentioned that they laughably accused FIFA of racism? Where was this, Twitter?

Diadora Van Basten
4 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

What an embarrassment. Truly uncivilised nonsense from Cameroon's players. Someone have a word with them on sporting equitette... what a shambles of a team.

Someone mentioned that they laughably accused FIFA of racism? Where was this, Twitter?

They said on the commentary that the Cameroon players were accusing FIFA of racism when they walked down the tunnel at half time.

35 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

This tournament has been a complete and utter joke. Bin wummins football in my opinion,  it's shite.

Terrible take. It's been brilliant.

36 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

Oh dear. Some goal by her and a complete own goal by you.

Yep.  Guaranteed eh?

?

1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

I’m not demeaning the women’s game but if this kinda of farce today and the carry on in our game continues due to refs then they’ll never get the women’s game taken seriously.

We all take Scottish football seriously enough. 

12 minutes ago, weaz1981 said:

Terrible take. It's been brilliant.

Brilliant? You honestly think this has been brilliant? :rofl: you must hate football.

Diadora Van Basten

Correct decision the new rules say you cannot score a goal with your hand.

Commentators don’t seem to know this.

Footballfirst
Just now, kila said:

Tough one for VAR, to or not to penalise the hosts :D

That's the new interpretation of handball in the act of scoring a goal.

Ref reviews VAR, says not allowed :o Didn't think it was a goal either, ploughed through the keeper

Conspiracy theorists alarmed, but rest assured France will get some big decisions later on in this game :whistling:

Edited by kila

1 minute ago, kila said:

Tough one for VAR, to or not to penalise the hosts :D

Im a bit undecided on that one as the keeper doesnt have it but it seems to ricochet off her hands.

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Correct decision the new rules say you cannot score a goal with your hand.

Commentators don’t seem to know this.

Fair enough then 

Footballfirst
Just now, kila said:

Ref reviews VAR, says not allowed :o Didn't think it was a goal either, ploughed through the keeper

Conspiracy theorists alarmed, but rest assured France will get some big decisions later on in this game :whistling:

The keeper was injured from the the knee of another defender in her chest.

Diadora Van Basten

Handball rule 12

• The ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm

A player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Brilliant? You honestly think this has been brilliant? :rofl: you must hate football.

It has certainly been better than dreadful  Champion League final and the dross the men served up in Euro qualifiers. Women's game has got bigger as have tv audiences and they deserve the coverage they have been getting.

Dont see why anyone wouldn't have enjoyed efforts of players but they have been badly let down by officials.

Diadora Van Basten
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That Marta looks a right wee raver. 

Check oot the warpaint. Very tidy.

I think Scotland have had the best looking player in the tournament.