• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That goal was brilliant too, **** VAR, benefit of the doubt was always meant to go to the attacker, the ref on the pitch gave the goal.

I'm not a critic of woman's football. I try think of it on its own merits. I enjoy all football and have attended non league men's matches and thoroughly enjoyed.

But wow, this match is doing nothing to dispell some of the notions about the woman's game. Some of it has been laughably bad in this first half hour.

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

That goal was brilliant too, **** VAR, benefit of the doubt was always meant to go to the attacker, the ref on the pitch gave the goal.

Benefit to attacker would be whole body needs to be in front 

Just now, Alan_R said:

I'm not a critic of woman's football. I try think of it on its own merits. I enjoy all football and have attended non league men's matches and thoroughly enjoyed.

But wow, this match is doing nothing to dispell some of the notions about the woman's game. Some of it has been laughably bad in this first half hour.

French system would be good to see at Tynecastle 

Very attacking. And 2-0.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jonathan Charles is a twat featured cockwomble. 

A mumbling waffling one at that 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

This for me.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

could not have put it better myself. 

Somebody upthread mentioned that nobody seemed up for heading the ball. Tell that to big Wendy !

TyphoonJambo

i'm all for equality but, who's feeding the kids? How's their man getting his tea when he gets hame fae work?  The hoose disnae clean itself. Worlds gone bloody mad. Mothers running aboot playing games, some bloody roll models, I bet their man has to come back from the pub early to get the bairns to bed. Might be okay in France but its never happening in Muirhoose. 

highlandjambo3

Half time now and nothing but England’s team......ffs we get enough of it with the cheeks..... thought we’d get a break

NaturalOrder74
39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

England mention alert

"Should play France in semi finals" 

Scots might have something to say about that. 

Within 20 seconds of kick off they’d mentioned the England men’s team in 66 lol 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Dion Dublin has worked out what Scotland need to do. Top analysis. 

Defend well and score goals?

7 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Defend well and score goals?

Yes. Concede less goals than they score. 

To be fair I think he got his words mixed up. He was saying Scotland concede some bad goals though maybe he's only watched the recent game v Jamaica when they did lose 2 bad goals. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Buy a flat in an up and coming neighbourhood and knock through the kitchen and living room to make a large family area?

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Buy a flat in an up and coming neighbourhood and knock through the kitchen and living room to make a large family area?

Nope, move to another street where they are not told what to do by their neighbour …:huh:

45,000 at this game.  Absolute vindication of what Hearts are doing now.

Women's football has a massive future.  Critical that we are part of that.

Relishing the England/ Scotland game.  What a victory that would be.

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dion Dublin trying to work out which is more embarrassing, doing the womens fitba or doing the 2 bedroomed flats in Derby.

Genuinely enjoyed watching that! Think I’ll watch a fair bit of this.

Also had a nice wee 55-1 winner on it to start the weekend. 

Maroon Sailor

Wouldnae mess wi Shelley - she'd have i8's plums on the end of a skewer for starters

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

i'm all for equality but, who's feeding the kids? How's their man getting his tea when he gets hame fae work?  The hoose disnae clean itself. Worlds gone bloody mad. Mothers running aboot playing games, some bloody roll models, I bet their man has to come back from the pub early to get the bairns to bed. Might be okay in France but its never happening in Muirhoose. 

Quite sure a fair few of them won’t have men or kids lol

Holyrood_Hearts
10 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

No ****in need for that J.

Had forgotten but had to Google.

You sir are a wrong un.

Bowfin. 

What’s she done?

jambomjm74
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

45,000 at this game.  Absolute vindication of what Hearts are doing now.

Women's football has a massive future.  Critical that we are part of that.

Relishing the England/ Scotland game.  What a victory that would be.

Yes it is positive, home team at a World Cup though. 

Currently women’s football has probably similar crowds to reserve football. 

on toniights Viewing about half an hour, it doesn’t compare to the men’s game for me and I wouldn’t pay to watch - unless I had someone i knew playing ...

Sorry I don’t get the hype and equality stuff, it’s a different game and really not that good. 

Bull's-eye

Enjoyed the game and will watch the entire tournament now.

In fact, I might even venture over to France to take in a game or 2.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

on toniights Viewing about half an hour, it doesn’t compare to the men’s game for me and I wouldn’t pay to watch - unless I had someone i knew playing ...

Sorry I don’t get the hype and equality stuff, it’s a different game and really not that good. 

The technique is good. Capable of passing quickly in tight spots etc 

Lacks the power of the men’s game though. 

part_time_jambo
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another tight VAR offside

Back to 1-0

Need to change the offside rule to allow these tight ones where only part of body is in front 

Especially in the women's game!

Edited by part_time_jambo

1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

Yes it is positive, home team against Hibs though.

Currently Scottish football has probably similar crowds to league one football.

on toniights Viewing about an hour, it doesn't compare to the English game for me and I wouldn't pay to watch - unless I had someone i knew playing...

Sorry I don't get the hype, it's a different game and really not that good.

Edited by Taffin

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Tell you what, the standard of some of France's play last night was superb. Really looking forward to the rest of this tournament.

JamboAndrew

Level is definitely improving at a faster rate in the past few years. Of course, if you look at the number of young guys who basically live to kick a ball when they are young compared to the number of women, it's a huge difference. And that comes through at every level still. 

I think by the next world cup you will see some genuinely great pass and move teams who are more physical. Some of the French play was great.

The one area I don't see improving is goalkeeping. And that unfortunately for me is a huge area the game needs to address as calamitous keeping takes the shine off any game. Just think of Madrid Liverpool.

This and defenders being better positionally and a bit more physical and I can see decent paying crowds. 

Would it be possible to have Hearts Ladies play straight after the men on a Saturday? Not everyone would stay, but paying fans would get a chance to cheer on our team and our team would get audiences they just wouldn't get otherwise.

Edited by JamboAndrew

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Level is definitely improving at a faster rate in the past few years. Of course, if you look at the number of young guys who basically live to kick a ball when they are young compared to the number of women, it's a huge difference. And that comes through at every level still. 

I think by the next world cup you will see some genuinely great pass and move teams who are more physical. Some of the French play was great.

The one area I don't see improving is goalkeeping. And that unfortunately for me is a huge area the game needs to address as calamitous keeping takes the shine off any game. Just think of Madrid Liverpool.

This and defenders being better positionally and a bit more physical and I can see decent paying crowds. 

Would it be possible to have Hearts Ladies play straight after the men on a Saturday? Not everyone would stay, but paying fans would get a chance to cheer on our team and our team would get audiences they just wouldn't get otherwise.

Most women's goalkeepers are small so from that starting point, they're at a massive disadvantage. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Most women's goalkeepers are small so from that starting point, they're at a massive disadvantage. 

Yeh, most 5ft6(ish) men would be poor in goals compared to a 6ft2+ keeper.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Good idea reference after the man's game. 

Be great to boo two teams for the price of one. 

Might even get some folk renewing at the thought of that. 

Thought Police
34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I agree. Men’s goals are built for keepers like De Gea and Courtois. Female keepers shouldn’t be asked to play in the same size of goal.

132goals1958
50 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh, most 5ft6(ish) men would be poor in goals compared to a 6ft2+ keeper.

Apart from Jocky Robertson who was 5ft 51/2 and played for Third Lanark . Hearts man through and through and almost denied us in aLeague cup final. A good all round goalkeeper including in the air.

maroondevo52
20 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Apart from Jocky Robertson who was 5ft 51/2 and played for Third Lanark . Hearts man through and through and almost denied us in aLeague cup final. A good all round goalkeeper including in the air.

Superb keeper, always wanted to play for Hearts.

Nookie Bear
44 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I agree. Men’s goals are built for keepers like De Gea and Courtois. Female keepers shouldn’t be asked to play in the same size of goal.

Goal sizes have been unchanged since forever and I would imagine most keepers in the old days were around the 6ft or less mark?