Fifa Women's World Cup

Maroon Sailor

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

It would have been unbelievably soft, a bit like the pen that they got.

Not asking for special treatment! just equal treatment. We should have had 2 penalties

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga

Ref ****ed that up as well. We haven't been great but we have had no decisions. There first came from ludicrous offside and second soft penalty. 

Maroon Sailor

All over

Blame lies firmly with Shelley Kerr imo

Tactics and team selection wrong from the start and Scotland paid the price

Ref - 0/10

Scotland's composure - 0/10

Enjoyed that again though albeit so frustrating with the decision making

Kerr is messing this up. Her best players are forwards and attacking midfielders and she is trying to hold out with rubbish defenders aided by making her midfield defend... Typical of Scotland. Beaten before kickoff and only start playing once the game is gone... 

Hackney Hearts

Absurd. Two penalties Scotland should have had, and VAR not used?? 

To make it worse Japan had already got a very soft one themselves.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If Lana Cleland is top scorer in Italy why didn't she start?

maroonedinbriz

Cuthbert and Emslie might get in Japan's team. The defensive 4 might struggle to get a game for Thailand.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Emslie and Cuthbert look ok.  The rest are pish.

Don't get the best out of Kim Little playing the DM role.

Probaby says more about the trust Kerr has in the defence and feels they need protection

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Probaby says more about the trust Kerr has in the defence and feels they need protection

Hope solo summed it up perfectly I think

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Kerr is messing this up. Her best players are forwards and attacking midfielders and she is trying to hold out with rubbish defenders aided by making her midfield defend... Typical of Scotland. Beaten before kickoff and only start playing once the game is gone... 

This is where I am.  Done so well to get us here but looks like Kerr is out her depth at this level.  Not playing to our strengths is tragic.

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Ref - 0/10

Scotland's composure - 0/10

Enjoyed that again though albeit so frustrating with the decision making

VAR   -10/10

var will change **** all in fitba, been shown up in what is a handbags physically tournae

Decent in the last 25 minutes when the opposition is knackered. 

We're obviously very fit, just not the greatest when it's a level playing field. 

Decent showing so far in the real world.

joondalupjambo
Just now, Lovecraft said:

"Tactically, we got things right"

Yep, she knows her stuff.

Yep but she also said it was down to errors by players.  I got it right, they blew it.  Surely not?

Japan draw they almost certainly go out. This is yet another FIFA competition that the big nations with the highest TV audience have to progress. 

Unbelievable offside call starts the phase of play which leads to first goal, soft penalty, no VAR for a stonewaller, two minutes injury time. Football at the money level is corrupt as feck!

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Decent in the last 25 minutes when the opposition is knackered. 

We're obviously very fit, just not the greatest when it's a level playing field. 

Don't think it was fitness, it was tactics. The first two-thirds of the match we constantly passed the ball backwards.

And why Emslie wasn't on from the start I've no idea.

3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yep but she also said it was down to errors by players.  I got it right, they blew it.  Surely not?

Who does that remind you of :lol:

If this is a preview of the new penalty rules we're in for some controversy. 

Be a few bans being handed out. 

5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Japan draw they almost certainly go out. This is yet another FIFA competition that the big nations with the highest TV audience have to progress. 

Unbelievable offside call starts the phase of play which leads to first goal, soft penalty, no VAR for a stonewaller, two minutes injury time. Football at the money level is corrupt as feck!

Possibly 

Japan host Olympics next year too

Malinga the Swinga

Like Hope Solo as summariser. She was bang on with comments. The handball decision was just wrong though. Wonder if we will hear that VAR wasn't working later on.

Maroon Sailor

If Scotland qualify it's France or Germany next

So they have 1 match or 2 matches left in the tournament

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Don't think it was fitness, it was tactics. The first two-thirds of the match we constantly passed the ball backwards.

And why Emslie wasn't on from the start I've no idea.

They only passed it sideways because the Japanese where covering the ground and closing down the spaces, as soon as they stopped,  the Scots where able to push forward and the space then became available. Same thing against the English. 

Felix Lighter
11 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Very much this.

Womans football in it's infancy,they need punters. 

Edited by Felix Lighter

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Unbelievable offside call starts the phase of play which leads to first goal, soft penalty, no VAR for a stonewaller, two minutes injury time. 

Not sure I buy into conspiracy theories, but we were certainly on the wrong end of a string of decisions (or lack of decisions). Our first penalty claim should have gone to VAR, the second didn't need VAR as it was a stonewaller, like you say.

Without the misuse of VAR in this tournament, we would have been sitting on played two, drawn two.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Not sure I buy into conspiracy theories, but we were certainly on the wrong end of a string of decisions (or lack of decisions). Our first penalty claim should have gone to VAR, the second didn't need VAR as it was a stonewaller, like you say.

Without the misuse of VAR in this tournament, we would have been sitting on played two, drawn two.

There is something fishy going on judging by today's use of or lack of using VAR in our case. 

28 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

In the build up to the England game they said the problem Scotland has is they need two Little's as she is by far our best AM and DM

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

They only passed it sideways because the Japanese where covering the ground and closing down the spaces

Maybe. But sideways is being kind, it was largely backwards. They frequently weren't even looking for a forward ball, so it was irrelevant whether Japan were closing down the spaces. Also I don't believe that Scotland are fitter than Japan, given the history of the two set-ups.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Not seen the VAR decisions or lack of yet. Are they conspiracy theory bad?

The main one

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The main one

Under the new handball rules that's a penalty all day long. Guarantee it's given at the other end.

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Not seen the VAR decisions or lack of yet. Are they conspiracy theory bad?

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories - but yes, they are!

Mainly because the Japan penalty was so soft and didn't go to VAR - that set the tone.

Our claim when Cuthbert's foot was kicked was a perfect opportunity to use VAR - it somehow wasn't required.

Then there was a stonewaller handball - raised arm deliberately moving towards the ball - now even if the ref was afflicted by temporary blindness, what was her excuse for not going to VAR?

It leaves a bad taste. 

The offside decision against us (about 3 yards onside) in the lead up to Japan's first, maybe we could just put down to incompetence.

It's just incredible that that handball incident isn't even checked on VAR. To me , going by what we've seen in the tournament so far and had explained by numerous pundits / commentators, that's a penalty. At least a VAR check. 

Typical we'd be on the wrong end of it.

I imagine we'll need to beat Argentina by 3 goals to go through and we'll be a goal away after an amazing effort. 

Nookie Bear
29 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Who does that remind you of :lol:

Did she accuse the striker of being rubbish? ?

maroonedinbriz

I thought it was just a man thing but I was wrong. The Scotland manager thinks she got the tactics spot on!

Is there something that makes mangers blind to the obvious? Japan were ripping Scotland apart until 70 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories - but yes, they are!

Mainly because the Japan penalty was so soft and didn't go to VAR - that set the tone.

Our claim when Cuthbert's foot was kicked was a perfect opportunity to use VAR - it somehow wasn't required.

Then there was a stonewaller handball - raised arm deliberately moving towards the ball - now even if the ref was afflicted by temporary blindness, what was her excuse for not going to VAR?

It leaves a bad taste. 

The offside decision against us (about 3 yards onside) in the lead up to Japan's first, maybe we could just put down to incompetence.

DId they even have VAR at the match? I'm sure they say the did but I'm not sure...

Quite gobsmacked by the 'main' one above! I am in full conspiracy mode now, as that is blatant cheating by the VAR officials to deny a stonewall penalty.

Whole point in VAR is to prevent this from happening, not support it! Got to be some corruption behind the 'blind eye' over that one!

Edited by kila

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, Snorri1 said:

It's just incredible that that handball incident isn't even checked on VAR. To me , going by what we've seen in the tournament so far and had explained by numerous pundits / commentators, that's a penalty. At least a VAR check. 

Typical we'd be on the wrong end of it.

I imagine we'll need to beat Argentina by 3 goals to go through and we'll be a goal away after an amazing effort. 

I thought that the folk in the VAR room would have reviewed it and relayed to the ref nothing to see here play on.  The ref will only go to the review screen if the VAR team suggest it is worth a look.

This of course raises the question what the heck did the VAR team think when they saw the hand ball?  They must of thought it was not a foul or heavens for did they just ignored it.

colinmaroon

So, the SFA have been secretly training female referees.  That wasn't incompetence!  Japan had to get through!

Lexus top of the range on the way!!!

colinmaroon
Just now, joondalupjambo said:

I thought that the folk in the VAR room would have reviewed it and relayed to the ref nothing to see here play on.  The ref will only go to the review screen if the VAR team suggest it is worth a look.

This of course raises the question what the heck did the VAR team think when they saw the hand ball?  They must of thought it was not a foul or heavens for did they just ignored it.

Just shows you the technology is good but the human beings (is that gender neutral enough?) who operate it are still either incompetent or corrupt or both.