Fifa Women's World Cup

Maroon Sailor

18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, looked more likely to be a penalty than the one that they got earlier, but once full time blown, then no review possible. Wonder if they need to alter the rule to allow for a review after end of game as no dead ball time to allow VAR team to operate.

A VAR check was done. 

I do note the point about the full time whistle. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stephen Muddie

Losing interest in this tournament now. Not becuase it's girls, just because it's been shite viewing watching all the daft decisions and even with VAR which we all wanted to work, it's not made it any clearer or transparent for teams and fans. So much additional time and boring lulls. Wrong calls, inconsistency, and no shortage of embarrassing play. Will still watch games I guess but the whole handling of the tournament by FIFA has done the ladies game a dis-service IMO. 

That USA penalty surely they had better angles than that what was shown.How the **** will VAR ever work in Scotland we seem to have about 2 cameras at most matches ?

If it's not clear cut then pens should not be given.If it takes 5 mins for a penalty to be called a pen then they clearly have strong doubts.

John,

You make some really good points but the problem here has been the total lack of quality training of the referees and, probably, the VAR reviewers too.  FIFA has definitely got that wrong, especially with the amount of time taken to reach a decision.  I'll get crucified for this but that's a female thing that complicates VAR too.  I have watched VAR in MLS for a year and a half now and it works really well but the league spent a lot of money on the equipment and training of the officials.  Believe me, I've officiated at a lot of school games and this is very different. Of course, U.S. fans are accustomed to video officials in baseball, basketball and hockey so it is, yo a certain extent, a different world.

What do you think of this one?

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

John,

You make some really good points but the problem here has been the total lack of quality training of the referees and, probably, the VAR reviewers too.  FIFA has definitely got that wrong, especially with the amount of time taken to reach a decision.  I'll get crucified for this but that's a female thing that complicates VAR too.  I have watched VAR in MLS for a year and a half now and it works really well but the league spent a lot of money on the equipment and training of the officials.  Believe me, I've officiated at a lot of school games and this is very different. Of course, U.S. fans are accustomed to video officials in baseball, basketball and hockey so it is, yo a certain extent, a different world.

What do you think of this one?

Hmmm

At what point does the jostling to get to the ball become a shove and a foul...basically when the defender made the pushing motion. probably just outside the box where it was given. 

Would be raging if we we never got the pen though!

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Italy v China

I'm going for at least 1 red card and penalty.

Probably the kiss of death but, a goalkeeper (Italian) who looks the real deal and, Italy doing what they do best, defending well.

Felix Lighter

Scots lassie in the VAR room tonight, would'nae mind her exacting a wee bit of revenge on Japan.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Japan are vertically challenged.

It's like women against girls.

Enjoyable game, except for the piss poor commentary.

Even the English are complaining about him including not commentating on game. 

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

C'mon Norway 

Norway will beat England.

Japan and the Dutch, technically looking very, very good.  Miles above the standard in the last game.

Edited by Lovecraft

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Norway will beat England.

Japan and the Dutch, technically looking very, very good.  Miles above the standard in the last game.

The quality overall is improving. You could get left behind. 

Nookie Bear

Nah you can’t be giving pens for that. 

I know it’s the rules but it is a farce when the arm is in a completely natural position and the ball is hammered from two feet away. 

Ferryjambo99
Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

That Dutch side are honking. Another good team out - another VAR decision. Its boring now the VAR ruins games.

The referee gave it. Not VAR

Malinga the Swinga

7 European teams and USA get to quarter finals. Think you can say Europeans are dominating tournament with three or four having chance to win it all.

Japan can't complain because they miss too many chances and anyway, they escaped conceding two penalties against us because of ridiculous refereeing.

Felix Lighter
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

7 European teams and USA get to quarter finals. Think you can say Europeans are dominating tournament with three or four having chance to win it all.

Japan can't complain because they miss too many chances and anyway, they escaped conceding two penalties against us because of ridiculous refereeing, and the non intervention of VAR.

FTFY.

Karma.

Don't know if it's been noted, but had we scraped a draw against Japan we'd have finished runners up and they'd have been out.

Still hurting? Aye.  

24 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

FTFY.

Karma.

Don't know if it's been noted, but had we scraped a draw against Japan we'd have finished runners up and they'd have been out.

Still hurting? Aye.  

Nonsense.

19 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

The referee gave it. Not VAR

I'm not disputing the penalty award. If the ref gives it it should be a penalty. Not a 3 minute wait -or in Scotlands case about 10 that doesnt get added on.

alwaysthereinspirit

Thought I read somewhere that Scotland were the only European team not to get through the group stage. 

Tommy Brown

Never thought I would take to this much before the Tourney started

Gutted when Scotland went out, now I feel the same seeing Japan go out like that last night.

They were an absolute joy to watch.

Time after time playing the ball to one another in their own box :lol:

fantastic.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I hope they start proceedings against the ref too. An absolute sham what she let them away with.