Fifa Women's World Cup

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

USA is tough one, meanwhile Nev gets Norway. 

Let's hope his girls get one helluva beating

Anything to shut up Pearce and that fecking Gabby Logan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Let's hope his girls get one helluva beating

Anything to shut up Pearce and that fecking Gabby Logan

I am concerned we might see a Sir Philip of Nev if they go all the way.  If they can knight up Bradley Wiggins..

48 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

The France manager is terrifying.

Terrifyingly sexy, I'd say. 

Maybe it's an age thing ( I'm almost 51) but she has a certain something. 

Portable Badger
44 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'm 52 and she is terrifying !!!   Trust me it's not an age thing it's just you mate.   She looks like David Moyes.

20 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I'm 52 and she is terrifying !!!   Trust me it's not an age thing it's just you mate.   She looks like David Moyes.

She looks like Collina.

IMG_4057.JPG

8B1CE44B-4924-49E5-8933-29840DEC9242.jpeg

Maroon Sailor
59 minutes ago, martoon said:

IMG_4067.PNG.95a200ac0be6c520019f4c5afbc0364e.PNG

IMG_3224.JPG

4 hours ago, martoon said:

Aw naw, he's got almost 51. SOMEBODY HELP!

On 22/06/2019 at 22:15, Ferryjambo99 said:

One scottish interest in this. The near side assistant is Kylie Cockburn who is Scottish 

Great name if pronounced wrongly...

10 hours ago, martoon said:

Watched the first half in the kitchen. Bumped into my wife in the hall (her and my daughter rule the sitting room TV) and she asked me the score. 

I couldn't tell her. Genuinely couldn't remember if France's goal had stood after the VAR shenanigans.

If VAR is the future I reckon there's a possibility that football, specifically the format and timing of games, will change. Something along the lines of American football: 15 minute quarters, the ref stopping the clock at every VAR decision, and 1 hour of actual football taking place over a 2 hour+ period of real time. 

Now your wife just thinks you're perving...

I do think it is bullshit that women refs need to ref women’a football.

IMO the game is growing but it’s growth is reliant upon credibility in many areas.

We all moan about our refs but they are infinitely better than what we have seen at the World Cup.

If women’s football wants to be taken seriously it needs to be properly officiated.

Edited by Jammy T

4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I do think it is bullshit that women refs need to ref women’a football.

IMO the game is growing but it’s growth is reliant upon credibility in many areas.

We all moan about our refs but they are infinitely better than what we have seen at the World Cup.

If women’s football wants to be taken seriously it needs to be properly officiated.

How many top women refs have been used at the World Cup so far?

There is that German one who refs in the mens Bundesliga who has only had 1 (or 2?) games so far.

Makes you wonder if FIFA are deliberately using inexperienced refs so VAR has more influence on results.

TyphoonJambo
8 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Great name if pronounced wrongly...

Whats that German bird, Fannie Schmeller, upto these days? 

About 5 mins waiting to take the penalty.

It was soft yeah.  Wouldn't have been given if it was outside the box.

Ballitojambo

Its official the USA are the celtic of womens football,  I'm getting more doubtful about this VAR thingy, in real time it looked like contact, in replay not convinced,

however you are asking a person to admit they are wrong, not sure human nature is ready for this

6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

About 5 mins waiting to take the penalty.

It was soft yeah.  Wouldn't have been given if it was outside the box.

Just now, Ballitojambo said:

Its official the USA are the celtic of womens football,  I'm getting more doubtful about this VAR thingy, in real time it looked like contact, in replay not convinced,

however you are asking a person to admit they are wrong, not sure human nature is ready for this

It was strange. In a case like this the video cannot show whether there was contact or not. So waste of time looking at it.. 

On field decision should have been confirmed quickly. 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Not convinced that decision would have been given (or upheld) in Spain’s favour. 

Nup - me neither

That's 4 teams through that have a healthy fan interest in their teams

Maroon Sailor

Blowing the Thai birds away is one thing but the Yanks have looked pretty average against Spain.

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was strange. In a case like this the video cannot show whether there was contact or not. So waste of time looking at it.. 

On field decision should have been confirmed quickly. 

Took 5 and a half minutes from the referee initially awarding the penalty to the penalty actually being taken. That is an utter nonsense. 90 minute games are now becoming 100+ minutes. Last night's game between France and Brazil with the extra time actually lasted 131 minutes. It's a nonsense. Correct decisions or not and correct decisions being made is debatable. In this women's world cup, VAR in my opinion is ruining it not enhancing it.

I don't think there is any need for the ref to go over to monitors they should just be over ruled by the 4 of them in the video room.

Diadora Van Basten
13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't think there is any need for the ref to go over to monitors they should just be over ruled by the 4 of them in the video room.

I think that as well it takes far too long.

Ballitojambo

The whole timing is wrong ,in this case the ref awarded the penalty, the ball was placed and just before the actual kick, it was hold on there's a doubt, surely they

can decide quicker than this or if if there's that much doubt just leave it to the on field decision, i see the reasoning behind VAR, but you got to wonder if its just

turning football into more more of a tv drama, how long before adverts in VAR time, and of course have a bet on VAR outcomes.

5 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

The whole timing is wrong ,in this case the ref awarded the penalty, the ball was placed and just before the actual kick, it was hold on there's a doubt, surely they

can decide quicker than this or if if there's that much doubt just leave it to the on field decision, i see the reasoning behind VAR, but you got to wonder if its just

turning football into more more of a tv drama, how long before adverts in VAR time, and of course have a bet on VAR outcomes.

Yes. And VAR people should have taken responsibility to say it was not possible to say either way by looking at the video again. 

15 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

You can guarantee the Americans will already be showing ads during VAR.

31 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Maybe they get called over if not all agree with the decision, or what they are seeing on the replay?

Maroon Sailor

Beginning to doubt the whole ethics of this tournament.

Looking back to the group stages they were keen to let people know what the viewing figures were.

VAR has definitely sided with the higher fan based nations and so far we have Germany, Norway,  England, France and USA.

All going according to plan

I see Canada, China and Japan making up the last 8 especially if VAR gets involved

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

22 penalties already in this tournament !

I'm trying to think of a game that didn't have a penalty.

Maroon Sailor

FS

No pen for Sweden as slightly offside by a right foot in the lead up

System is taking the natural enjoyment away from being awarded a penalty or scoring a goal

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Footballfirst

Would have been interesting to see the reaction if the VAR review after the final whistle had deemed it a penalty.

Edited by Footballfirst

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Would have been interesting if the VAR review after the final whistle had deemed it a penalty.

Yep, looked more likely to be a penalty than the one that they got earlier, but once full time blown, then no review possible. Wonder if they need to alter the rule to allow for a review after end of game as no dead ball time to allow VAR team to operate.