Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

She is supposed to be our best player but is she is doing very little so far, no pun intended. 

Needs to be closer to Cuthbert.

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Think Scotland need a new manager, maybe get a bloke in charge if there's no suitable women out there.

I don't think that would increase the standard tbh.

Most of our players just don't look very good and struggle to run with, or control the ball..  They also look scared of the ball.

Not good traits for a football player.

Maroon Sailor

Arnot was poor - she lost the ball that ended up with Japan launching it for the penalty 

maroonedinbriz
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Little is too deep 

Supposed to be genuinely world class. Most of her passing is backwards.

That Emslie girl has done more in one minute than half the team have done in 63...Did I really just see an headed clearance and the nearest Scottish player looked around to see if anyone else was going to run out to where the ball was going before she started lumbering out there herself?

Just now, Lovecraft said:

I don't think that would increase the standard tbh.

Most of our players just don't look very good and struggle to run with, or control the ball..  They also look scared of the ball.

Not good traits for a football player.

The way the commentators were talking it sounds like a lot of them play at a high level in the women's game, I was expecting them to be half decent.

Having watched a few games the standard across the whole tournament is very poor, I was expecting better tbh.

Maroon Sailor

Why is Little playing so deep and having to play Square or backward passes ?

Need goals Shelley !

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Supposed to be genuinely world class. Most of her passing is backwards.

Looks completely immobile as well.

It's very similar to our men's team and I guess the nature of being a small country with a poor footballing authority.

A few good players who look the part at the international stage dragged down by dross in too many key positions.

joondalupjambo

Hold on there chaps and chapesses we are relatively new to this malarky.  A senior Scottish players says we need more and more players getting into top teams outwith Scotland so they can get better, well I heard somebody say that today, if not a player then one of the management team.

Also Ian Maxwell has assured us that 5% of some big figure of income, from somewhere is going straight back into Women's football in Scotland.  He claims that England only put in only 3.5% of the same income figure.  I suspect the income figure he talks about for us will be a lot smaller than England's income figure but hey ho let's not get into the detail, focus only on the percentages say the SFA.

So we have a player and/or management person saying get out the country to get better and we have Maxwell saying we spend loads of dough inside the country to make our players better.  Who is right there then?

The only reason Andy Murray became great was because he left Scotland.  I know where my money lies in any debate on this, leave.

Maroon Sailor

The way I look at this - Japan are the better team but Scotland have made it too  easy at times for them

Back to the drawing board Shelley 

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Needs to be closer to Cuthbert.

All our passing is deep in our own half with Little playing in there. Japan are much higher up the pitch when they are switching it side to side. It did look like damage limitation from the start from Scotland in a game we need to try and get at least a point from. 

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

All our passing is deep in our own half with Little playing in there. Japan are much higher up the pitch when they are switching it side to side. It did look like damage limitation from the start from Scotland in a game we need to try and get at least a point from. 

With Emslie on now it's all the more reason for Little to be further forward, closer to our two main attacking threats. Not much point in damage limitation now. It's goals or bust.

Stephen Muddie

No 13 started from an offside position and still got caught by a covering defender. Towing a bus by the looks of her

It's absolutely infuriating the amount of times a pass is on and the player on the ball turns back or turns away in to trouble. Clueless.

Also, with this pitter patter shite at the back, you need to keep possession and not give it away like we did just there.

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think head-to-head goes before GD? 

I'm on about the other groups. If four 3rd place teams have 4 points Scotland will be out

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

It's absolutely infuriating the amount of times a pass is on and the player on the ball turns back or turns away in to trouble. Clueless.

We seem to be playing in a really defensive fashion...which usually ends badly when your defence is the worst part of your team.

We need to push up and play with some urgency to try and get back into it

1 minute ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I like Emslie. Why she was not on from the start is anyone's guess

The only positive player in a Scotland shirt, the rest of them look like they're running in a swimming pool.

Maroon Sailor

Jane Ross is subbed

God knows how she has scored so many goals - she's pretty slow

Scotland wait till the last 15 mins to pile on some pressure, which means it's "hurry up" football and composure goes right oot the windae.

Maroon Sailor

It's taken 78 minutes for Scotland to apply a bit of pressure. Typical - too little, too late scenario again

Malinga the Swinga

Thought we should have had penalty there but ref, who has been utterly useless throughout game, decides not to bother giving it. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thought we should have had penalty there but ref, who has been utterly useless throughout game, decides not to bother giving it. 

It would have been unbelievably soft, a bit like the pen that they got.

rambothejambo

Emslie had a decent game against England, not sure why she was dropped. She has shown more fight in five mins than the rest if the team in the previous seventy mins.  Little and Weir are decent footballers, the two centrehalfs are a pair of huddies, just like the men's team! As an aside did I see England's No.1 Steve  Banks as part of the Scotland coaching team?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Does VAR only apply to other teams. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Does VAR only apply to other teams. 

It would appear so.

How the **** is that not a penalty. Every other handball in this world cup has been given.

Malinga the Swinga

Yet another penalty not given. Clear handball, or what counts as handball, but ref again gives nothing.

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Lovecraft said:

It would appear so.

That was as much a pen as those given. Big teams get the decisions it seems. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

How did VAR not get involved. That handball was a stick on penalty. 

I'd have been screaming for that even before VAR and the new rule. It was handball.

Stephen Muddie

Clear handball. No var nah? 

Shelley Kerr has got her tactics badly wrong in both games imo. This team is lost playing possession football. Far better on the front foot. Think her team selection has been suspect in this one too. No good waiting til 75mins at two down to do this. 

What a goal... Mon! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Great goal but typical Scotland probably too late. 

Maroon Sailor

That's a cracking goal by the way

2-1

Scotland continue to frustrate the life out of you though