Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor

Calling the ref over to review a possible penalty always seems to end up a penalty being awarded.

It's like they are saying to the ref we think it's a penalty and putting the decision in her mind

That should never have been given. Norway robbed

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Norske is the polite and proper way.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Notts is right, Morg'. The Noggies I'm refering to are indeed those pickled-fish-eating weirdos who live half of the year in perpetual darkness and are a boorish pain in the arse with anything more than half a pint of shandy in them.

In common with Australian men, they really don't deserve their women.

Royksopp were quite good, though.

No bother, chaps.

I concede.  

Bazzas right boot

I thought it was a pk. 

Missed the ball and skelped the lass at knee height. ?

Can't see why it's not one. 

Decent game, horror oh by virgil tho. 

The passing and decision making is a level above whats in Scotland sometimes , one twos, reverse pass's, rarely seen in our game. ?

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I thought it was a pk. 

Missed the ball and skelped the lass at knee height. ?

Can't see why it's not one. 

Looked like she topped the ball to me and all the folk I watched it with.

Good game though. I'm enjoying the practical absence of simulation and rolling about on the ground that ruins the mens game these days. Everybody trying their damndest to stay on their feet is refreshing.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Looked like she topped the ball to me and all the folk I watched it with.

Good game though. I'm enjoying the practical absence of simulation and rolling about on the ground that ruins the mens game these days. Everybody trying their damndest to stay on their feet is refreshing.

aye maybe, she should have kicked it properly then! Cannae skim the ball then chop the lass at knee height, No? PK all day long for me. Actually a sore one, totally accidental, card was a bit harsh but a pk for me.

Been the best part, or one of for me. The guys that roll about like they've been shot would do well to watch this, although VAR will start to show up these eejits as well. Make them look right silly when VAR shows a finger on the shoulder and they rolled about holding their head! Another positive of VAR imo, will see diving/ feigning injury slowly phased out.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

aye maybe, she should have kicked it properly then! Cannae skim the ball then chop the lass at knee height, No? PK all day long for me. Actually a sore one, totally accidental, card was a bit harsh but a pk for me.

Been the best part, or one of for me. The guys that roll about like they've been shot would do well to watch this, although VAR will start to show up these eejits as well. Make them look right silly when VAR shows a finger on the shoulder and they rolled about holding their head! Another positive of VAR imo, will see diving/ feigning injury slowly phased out.

Nope, the Noggie lassie was looking directly at ball and got enough of a touch on it to play it away despite mis-judging its bounce. Meanwhile the onion seller is jumping in with both feet, which is probably dangerous play in itself. Get up, rub yourself down, and get on with it. No pen.

I don't think VAR will change much at all in terms of gamesmanship actually.

Being a greeting faced diving chancer is accepted as legitimate form of gaining a competative advantage.

You only have to listen to the commentators/pundits in the studio with their "he felt contact and had the right to go down", or "he anticipated the challenge and was being clever", type chat.

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Notts is right, Morg'. The Noggies I'm refering to are indeed those pickled-fish-eating weirdos who live half of the year in perpetual darkness and are a boorish pain in the arse with anything more than half a pint of shandy in them.

In common with Australian men, they really don't deserve their women.

Royksopp were quite good, though.

?

Btw I really like Eilidh Barbour but seriously what was she wearing this evening? Has she just come off the operating table?

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Replay

Saw this live and was astonished when the ref went to VAR as I had no idea why. One of the worst penalty decisions I have seen, compounded by the fact it was given by VAR. In real time it might have been an excusable error but not with the benefit of replays.

Just proves VAR is not the panacea often claimed. In fact a preview of what VAR might mean in OF games in Scotland!

Edited by Francis Albert

shaun.lawson
17 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It was the choreographed dancing on the touchline as the goals rained inm.

Hopefully a stronger opposition will kick a few into Row Z next game.

Correct. Your second point is exactly why this sort of thing (especially the celebrations) is a lot rarer in the men's game. Goal difference counts in the groups, so we can't criticise the US for scoring as many as they could... but we can sure as heck criticise them for their ridiculous excitement at the footballing equivalent of kicking a blind man's walking stick away. 

Imagine Djokovic or Nadal playing in the first round at Wimbledon, and winning 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 (or anything up to two, two and two really). Would they punch the air and shout 'come on!' at every winning shot? No - because unlike the US women, they have a bit of dignity about them. Ditto Guardiola cringing with embarrassment at City's sixth against Watford. Ditto Casillas pleading with the officials to end the Euro 2012 final without stoppage time. Ditto Loew at half time of Brazil-Germany, when he told his players, 5-0 up, to take their foot off the gas. Ditto Paulo Sergio himself: much to the chagrin of most Hearts fans, admittedly.

Had Thailand started trying to maim a few opponents, they'd probably have come off a heavy second best in that too. Not sure if that's the case with a few other sides though. But hey ho: every tournament needs a bunch of villains, and only the whole world will be desperate for the US to get some well overdue karma later on.

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Saw this live and was astonished when the ref went to VAR as I had no idea why. One of the worst penalty decisions I have seen, compounded by the fact it was given by VAR. In real time it might have been an excusable error but not with the benefit of replays.

Just proves VAR is not the panacea often claimed. In fact a preview of what VAR might mean in OF games in Scotland!

Fully agree. A disgraceful decision from either an idiot, or someone who felt the pressure of the home fans plus the potential of a France-US quarter-final.

FIFA will be banning defending in the penalty box at this rate. It's the worst decision I've seen with VAR in any competition.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

A disgraceful decision from either an idiot, or someone who felt the pressure of the home fans plus the potential of a France-US quarter-final.

Ha Ha didn't take you long to be suspicious !

Have you worked out the permutations of who England will get ? ....... Silly question, course you have !

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Nope, the Noggie lassie was looking directly at ball and got enough of a touch on it to play it away despite mis-judging its bounce. Meanwhile the onion seller is jumping in with both feet, which is probably dangerous play in itself. Get up, rub yourself down, and get on with it. No pen.

I don't think VAR will change much at all in terms of gamesmanship actually.

Being a greeting faced diving chancer is accepted as legitimate form of gaining a competative advantage.

You only have to listen to the commentators/pundits in the studio with their "he felt contact and had the right to go down", or "he anticipated the challenge and was being clever", type chat.

He he. 

Nah, the lovely French lass was kicked in the thigh. ( that poor bruised thigh ?

The Norwegian lass followed through as she miss hit the ball so badly and wasn't aware enough of the striker on her blind side and the follow through was clumsy. 

She hit it that badly her clearance turned into the cancan. Not intentional, but a mistake through poor technique / lack of concentration. 

Penalty all day, you can't miss hit the ball and then kick someone in the thigh therfore impeding them. 

I agree with the ref and VAR! 

Penalty to rangers... 

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ha Ha didn't take you long to be suspicious !

Have you worked out the permutations of who England will get ? ....... Silly question, course you have !

Of course! This England side is both there for the taking... and possible semi-finalists, purely because of the draw. We're really really not very good though. 

Maroon Sailor
40 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Of course! This England side is both there for the taking... and possible semi-finalists, purely because of the draw. We're really really not very good though. 

If Scotland get through they will play either France, Germany, Canada or Holland so that will be that unless a miracle happens and they top the group !

Schevchenko
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The initial foul was the two footed tackle by France what came next was secondary so no pen.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Schevchenko said:

The initial foul was the two footed tackle by France what came next was secondary so no pen.

Nah, VAR triumphs again. 

The French lass gets booted as she comes in on the blindside. 

Bazzas right boot

How long folk been following/ watching these teams? 

6/7 days for most ..... Experts everywhere now on here tho. 

?

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

How long folk been following/ watching these teams? 

6/7 days for most ..... Experts everywhere now on here tho. 

?

Don't need to be an expert to glance through a form guide, Tosh.

joondalupjambo

Older guy sitting, half way line at the Aussie Brazil game wearing an old style Scotland strip.  See we can get to a World Cup.

Maroon Sailor

Handball in the lead up to the possible penalty = no pen

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Very enjoyable game. Impressed by the individual skill, passing and movement of Brazil.

The "Matildas" (loving that nickname) are a bit more direct but it got them the goal. Credit to the Aussie who chased the loose ball, kept it in, then swung in another cross. 

Good stuff. 

joondalupjambo

Bit of trivia.  Sam Kerr Aussie player is the sister of Daniel Kerr who was a Premiership Champion with the West Coast Eagles.  

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Australia 3-2 Brazil

Some comeback but another goal by VAR

The argument was there to say the Brazilian wouldn't have gone for the header if the Australian wasn't there.

Tough call.

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

The argument was there to say the Brazilian wouldn't have gone for the header if the Australian wasn't there.

Tough call.

Her team mate could have gave her a shout.

The Aussie was offside when the ball was kicked and that should have been the end of it. You should be either offside or you are not. The fact it came off a Brazilian player's head and ended up in the net should be irrelevant.

The rules are strange 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

15 minutes gone still Japan 0-0 Scotland

Japanese look the more likely to score

5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

**** me, Scotland are boring to watch.

It sounds like a lot of the Scottish players play for some of the better women's teams, you'd think they'd be a bit better than they are showing.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Rediculous off side decision leads to Japanese scoring just after. Seething!