Embarrassing - below HIbs in crowds

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Empty seats all over the stadium will not be a good barometer next season

But you have no idea if this will indeed be the case . 

The point i was making is that it's only when the figures are published will we be able to draw true comparisons with other clubs attendances , specifically with the Vermin. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

• gorgie rd eh11

• JamboAl

51 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Edinburgh football is one team high crowds one team low crowds.The 18000 at Easter rd should put Hearts at 6-7000 season tickets and crowds between 8-11000 I hope I am wrong but time will tell.Reported low season ticket sales are worrying.

Wtf are you slavering about , lol 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

You are correct that they have divide the total by 19 to get the average attendance however if you look at the fixtures on the attached it shows they did in fact have 19 home games. Not sure if this is correct though.

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hibernian/2018-19/fixtures-and-results.html

Just out of curiosity Al do you think we have been playing attractive free flowing football?

I see wee Al has not replied to your question, although he likes to ask questions himself

The Real Maroonblood
58 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Edinburgh football is one team high crowds one team low crowds.The 18000 at Easter rd should put Hearts at 6-7000 season tickets and crowds between 8-11000 I hope I am wrong but time will tell.Reported low season ticket sales are worrying.

:cornette_dog:

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Never mind us & Hibs.

For Aberdeen & their recent "successful" period...that's ****ing terrible as an average attendance.

:lol:

See below

2 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Murrayfield saved us last season.Can see us down to 5th once The sheep move.

That is the funniest thing iv ever read they can’t be assed going to Pittodrie , so after the novelty of a new ground in the middle of nowhere and waiting an hour for buses home you think they’ll out sell us? Be lucky if they outsell Killie.

Aberdeen couldn’t get 20k for games against Celtic when they were the games that decides the title 2/3years ago. 

Must try harder ???

1 hour ago, Julie1957 said:

I want the drugs you are on! Holy bejesus thats even beyond a cornette

5 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

I see wee Al has not replied to your question, although he likes to ask questions himself

His Mummy must have called him to get his tea.:lol:

Seriously though I am sure he will come back with something.

?

Bad Religion
10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

His Mummy must have called him to get his tea.:lol:

Seriously though I am sure he will come back with something.

Not a single person on this site claims we have been playing free flowing attractive football. Why on earth would he feel obliged to answer that?

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Can we keep this one mods? :rofl:

That's a tame post compared to some of the belters she's had.

I think the best one was the renewal dates for season tickets clashed with her major car service so Ann Budge got both barrels.

27 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Not a single person on this site claims we have been playing free flowing attractive football. Why on earth would he feel obliged to answer that?

Disagree. Plenty have said the football we have been playing this season is average. It’s far from average

Edited by HMFC 86

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Disagree. Plenty have said the football we have been playing this season is average

We have been playing average football; hence why we finished mid table. 

You asked him if we were playing attractive free flowing football. Where did average appear from?

gorgie rd eh11

It's all part of Leanne's propaganda/lies.

17775. :lol: Anybody that's seen the highlights of their games knows that's b******t.

Bazzas right boot

Hope all the fair weather fans are happy. 

The blame lies solely at thier feet for this disaster and embarrassment. 

You've let hibs get above us despite them having a far worse season than the one before. 

Have a word with yourselves, get behind the team.

Jambojay84

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Wouldn't worry your little head. What I can confidently predict is we will generate much more revenue, as it is unrealistic to charge buttons and bolts together with a preponderance of freebies solely as a means of getting bums on seats. 

What 132 has so eloquently written here, basically means in hibs tongue, ”we’re  gonna have mare munny  n stuff n that geein oot free tickuts disnae mean mare munny fir youz” ? 

Bazzas right boot

Your posts are worrying. 

siegementality
11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Your posts are worrying. 

As are yours! Do you honesty think Hibs have had bigger average crowds than us? ?????

3 minutes ago, siegementality said:

As are yours! Do you honesty think Hibs have had bigger average crowds than us? ?????

? , Its the ones dressed as seats not the actual seats you see so yeah its actually reflective of their attendance and Julie is right we can only get 6000 crowds from now on cause Hibs ???

2 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Do you have a link to where our ST sales were reported?

I am going to make 2 guesses here

1. you are not a Hearts supporter

2. You are not a female.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, siegementality said:

No. 

5 hours ago, Barack said:

Never mind us & Hibs.

For Aberdeen & their recent "successful" period...that's ****ing terrible as an average attendance.

:lol:

Finished above us though.

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

You are correct that they have divide the total by 19 to get the average attendance however if you look at the fixtures on the attached it shows they did in fact have 19 home games. Not sure if this is correct though.

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hibernian/2018-19/fixtures-and-results.html

Just out of curiosity Al do you think we have been playing attractive free flowing football?

Sorry, Davy, I overlooked your question.  I didn't say WE played free-flowing football and with the serious longish term injuries we suffered, I didn't expect we would.  Only an idiot or someone with an excessive sense of entitlement would expect that, not a realist like me.  You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

Edited by JamboAl

3 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Try worrying about the fact that Hibs supposed attendances are not borne out by their turnover - which is being soundly eclipsed by Hearts year on year increasing turnover (despite them having far more established corporate facilities and function suites).

Only 2 explanations I can think of:

1) They embellish attendances with tacit approval of the reported widespread misuse of the concessionary season tickets - along with regularly giving tickets away. 
2) No-one in their right mind wants to go near Easter Road for corporate shindigs or booking parties. 

Either way, added to the FOH funding, there's one club which will see continued growth and another poxy outfit that will get a Proclaimer in to do a teary begging video. Cap in Hand, as they say. 

Edited by Gizmo

2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

We have been playing average football; hence why we finished mid table. 

You asked him if we were playing attractive free flowing football. Where did average appear from?

Its one of the descriptions that has been used to avoid saying how rotten the football we have played for the majority of the season has been. 

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Its one of the descriptions that has been used to avoid saying how rotten the football we have played for the majority of the season has been. 

Free flowing attractive football?

No it hasn’t. You’ve made that up. 

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Free flowing attractive football?

No it hasn’t. You’ve made that up. 

Rubbish.

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, Sid said:

Average doesn’t change if you add one game at average level but it does mean that Hibs had a top 6 game added in which would probably be above average, bringing the average up. 

I'd say that accounts for the difference. 

5 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Murrayfield saved us last season.Can see us down to 5th once The sheep move.

4 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

:rofl: hope you don't get punted too quickly, some belters. 

Isn’t the fact that we have approximately 2.5x the crowd that Killie has a wee bit more concerning than any teeth gnashing about the vermin, given that Killie have finished above us two years on the trot?

51 minutes ago, Haken said:

Isn’t the fact that we have approximately 2.5x the crowd that Killie has a wee bit more concerning than any teeth gnashing about the vermin, given that Killie have finished above us two years on the trot?

I think almost everyone agrees that was down to the class manager they had, the one they don't have anymore.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I think almost everyone agrees that was down to the class manager they had, the one they don't have anymore.

Granted, but the point stands.  We’re closer to St Johnstone than we are to Aberdeen.  

14 minutes ago, Haken said:

Granted, but the point stands.  We’re closer to St Johnstone than we are to Aberdeen.  

There was 2 points in it at the split, hardly a gulf.

8 behind Aberdeen

6 in front of St Johnstone

Not great mind you.

Edit: You're talking about after the final league games aren't you?

The ones where they played the bottom teams and we played the top ones.    :facepalm: 

Edited by graygo

gorgie rd eh11

Hibs attendances are lies. They work them out by watching what Hearts attendances are and then handing out enough tickets to make it a little bit more. 

17775.  :lol:

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Sorry, Davy, I overlooked your question.  I didn't say WE played free-flowing football and with the serious longish term injuries we suffered, I didn't expect we would.  Only an idiot or someone with an excessive sense of entitlement would expect that, not a realist like me.  You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

You can make a pigs ear out of football tactics though no matter the strength of squad available.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You can make a pigs ear out of football tactics though no matter the strength of squad available.

And you've made a pig's ear out of this thread.  Just gone round in circles.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And you've made a pig's ear out of this thread.  Just gone round in circles.

All on my own, I think there have been a few others that have helped along the way not least your good self Al.

I think you are the one that makes threads go round in circles  by some of the questions or points you ask which twist the point of what is being said.

Wonder what what the lowest league crowd is that they've ever had at the Giro.

1,742 would be my guess.

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

All on my own, I think there have been a few others that have helped along the way not least your good self Al.

I think you are the one that makes threads go round in circles  by some of the questions or points you ask which twist the point of what is being said.

Only to challenge the hard of thinking and those who let their bias cloud their judgment.

Vlad Magic

Hibs season ticket sales and therefor attendance are massively misreading down to the widespread abuse of their concessions system. This is confirmed in their failure to increase turnover in line with increased sales.

Whether or not the club is prepared to do something about that abuse is up to them.

If they do then their ST sales will drop dramatically as will attendances.

If they don’t then they are stuck with no possibility of increasing turnover.

What they should have done is nipped it in the bud years ago but they didn’t. More than happy to shout out loudly how full the ground is. Problem is a huge portion of those are paying pennies for their ST’s

Its all very very “Hibs” like. Rip off their own club.

9 hours ago, graygo said:

There was 2 points in it at the split, hardly a gulf.

8 behind Aberdeen

6 in front of St Johnstone

Not great mind you.

Edit: You're talking about after the final league games aren't you?

The ones where they played the bottom teams and we played the top ones.    :facepalm: 

Re your edit, no I’m not talking about that.  I’m talking about where we are in relation to teams taking into account the difference in resources. :facepalm:

Calebs Grandad
14 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

You appear to be living evidence that the Scottish education has failed. WTF are you talking about

???

27 minutes ago, Haken said:

Re your edit, no I’m not talking about that.  I’m talking about where we are in relation to teams taking into account the difference in resources. :facepalm:

Ok, got you. I disagree but I get you.

pettigrewsstylist
18 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Considering the way we've played most of the season those average home attendances for us are pretty good 

This 100%. Next season is going to be interesting figures unless some rabiits start appearing out of hats. Midfield dearth of creativity and responsibility and 2 injury prone strikers. Hard to see how we get much better..changing formation is not enough

The Old Tolbooth
On 31/05/2019 at 18:30, graygo said:

That's a tame post compared to some of the belters she's had.

I think the best one was the renewal dates for season tickets clashed with her major car service so Ann Budge got both barrels.

:rofl:

Jingle Bells
On 01/06/2019 at 08:09, Vlad Magic said:

Hibs season ticket sales and therefor attendance are massively misreading down to the widespread abuse of their concessions system. This is confirmed in their failure to increase turnover in line with increased sales.

Whether or not the club is prepared to do something about that abuse is up to them.

If they do then their ST sales will drop dramatically as will attendances.

If they don’t then they are stuck with no possibility of increasing turnover.

What they should have done is nipped it in the bud years ago but they didn’t. More than happy to shout out loudly how full the ground is. Problem is a huge portion of those are paying pennies for their ST’s

Its all very very “Hibs” like. Rip off their own club.

Those schoolkids though that take up the freebie offer to the piggery are likely to feel an affiliation to the Vermin as a result and therefore less likely in the future to choose Hearts as their team.

For that reason I wouldn't mind Hearts doing a similar, but more modest, scheme through Schools/Youth clubs etc, as long as the football on show is entertaining.

Think in general demographically the gap in size of supports between the two clubs may become smaller due to the amount of house building that's been conducted in North Edinburgh over the last couple of decades.