Embarrassing - below HIbs in crowds

Clerry Jambo

John Findlay
46 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They have more season book holders. Is that propaganda also?

We use smart cards.  

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

• gorgie rd eh11

• graygo

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

You got a link to Hearts final announcement for ST’s sold?

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Probably. :turned:

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

First time I’ve heard Hibs and Hearts having similar attendances?

Obviously there can be significant factors which dramatically raise crowds or make them dip but if you scrutinise when both sides have their average seasons the Hearts support steps up much better.  

2003 to 2018

Hearts.          Hibs. 

12,036.        9937

11,961.        9150

12,272.     13, 539

16, 762.    13,818

16,889.     14,488

15,933.     13,754

14,392.     12,684

14,497.     12;164

14,185.     11, 673

13,381.        9909

13,163.     10, 489

14,123.     11,028

15,986.     10, 170

16,422.         9291

16,325.     15, 394

18, 354.    18,150

So out of 17 seasons they've had bigger attendances once! Seems about right because more often than not they dressed as green seats 

Hearts as well as Hibs count tickets sold rather than bums on seats. The figures published in annual accounts about matchday revenue would probably be a better barometer if you feel the need to measure such things. 

As a Hearts fan I'm very happy that we've got a bigger stadium than we had before, more corporate facilities, a pub and also able to make money on non-matchdays.

Good things are happening at Hearts. On the pitch I've not been shy in saying I want a change of manager but that's for another thread. We've got a very solid base to progress further from now though.

Absolutely pointless thread.  Every team reports attendances based on ticket sales and season tickets, meaning that the actual attendances are nowhere near the reported figure.

Hibs struggle to fill their stadium, and you can see that on every televised game.  Hundreds and thousands of empty seats, and yet they have the cheek to claim they average nearly 18000 per game? :lol:

We're nowhere near as bad as the "Fans dressed as seats" Arena down in Leith! 

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Bums on seats would make much more interesting reading. Tickets sold is pointless. 

I tend to agree that bums seats should be the arbiter.

Tickets sold is, at best, disingenuous.  At worst, dishonest,

Everyone knows when all things are equal Hearts have a bigger fan base than Hibs.

A few blips over the course of history changes nothing. Natural order if you like.

It seems to have escaped folks attention that our figure of 17500 is still very impressive and is more 

than we would even have been allowed to attend matches at Tynecastle before the new stand was built.  Its not that we have done badly attendance wise its more that they appear to have done well.

I use the word appear because I was reading an article which was bumming Dempster up for having increased the ST sales at both Motherwell and Hibs. I suspect there is a bit of bullshit going on with regards to Hibs supposed crowd increases.  Motherwell's increases didnt last long.

Ronald Villiers

I'm a season ticket holder but have been to a few games at ER hospitality through work, obviously when we've been playing away.  Unless my eyes are deceiving me, we fill Tynie with quite a bit more fans than they do ER.  My eye sight is pretty decent may I add!  Who makes these shite stats up?

2 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I'm a season ticket holder but have been to a few games at ER hospitality through work, obviously when we've been playing away.  Unless my eyes are deceiving me, we fill Tynie with quite a bit more fans than they do ER.  My eye sight is pretty decent may I add!  Who makes these shite stats up?

Hibs obviously have their core fans no different to us, but they've always seemed to have a lot more "lifestyle" fans. Folk who don't really like football enough to go often but if forced to choose go with the team they read has "flair" and who George Best played for. Same with Aberdeen, coz Fergie. I think Hibs have a quite a big "soft" support of this type. Some may have been persuaded to go more after the cup win. Everyone I know who's a Hearts fan goes whenever they can and always has done.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hibs obviously have their core fans no different to us, but they've always seemed to have a lot more "lifestyle" fans. Folk who don't really like football enough to go often but if forced to choose go with the team they read has "flair" and who George Best played for. Same with Aberdeen, coz Fergie. I think Hibs have a quite a big "soft" support of this type. Some may have been persuaded to go more after the cup win. Everyone I know who's a Hearts fan goes whenever they can and always has done.

That was my experience growing up.  The Hearts supporters lived and breathed Hearts.  The Hibs supporters I knew were all talk but rarely attended a game.  Would have been different in the east of the city though.

jamboscott

Ffs just look at cup attendances where the gate reciept is split between teams that will give a good indication if Hibs are being fanciful with the numbers.  

Our income v their income is the best barometer.  Well be ahead now and we'll be leaving them fir dead in a year or two.

Our new stand is an investment.  Their main stand is a building and a pretty crappy one at that.

They are poor relations and when they look at our main stand, they know it.

9 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I tend to agree that bums seats should be the arbiter.

Tickets sold is, at best, disingenuous.  At worst, dishonest,

I know every club does it but you only have to walk into tynie and you can see we are nowhere near the figures shown. You turn on the telly and see Easter road and it’s half empty and the worst culprits are Celtic. 60k there every second week even with a half empty top tier and no away fans. 

Bums on seats is something to shout about, anything else is just pandering. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I know every club does it but you only have to walk into tynie and you can see we are nowhere near the figures shown. You turn on the telly and see Easter road and it’s half empty and the worst culprits are Celtic. 60k there every second week even with a half empty top tier and no away fans. 

Bums on seats is something to shout about, anything else is just pandering. 

All the clubs do it.

Just that some are worse than others and count free tickets not used in the total.

Even in the EPL you see empty seats, at Emirates in particular, yet capacity crowds still announced.

I suppose clubs take the view that if a seat is sold they have no control over whether someone actually uses it.

It would be interesting to see the actual attendances though.

1 minute ago, Julie1957 said:

Floating football fans.Wait till season ticket numbers come out.

Floating football fans make it a nightmare to count bums on seats. :(

17 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Yes but a much higher percentage of their ST books are 'concessions', their ticket office carry out zero checks on student/'disabled/OAP tickets, i know of at least a dozen hibs 'fans' that rip off their own club with what 4 of them pay to go to easter road being more or less the same as I pay for my one season ticket.

Our ticket revenue will be much much higher than hibs.

Bridge of Djoum

Walked past a guy this morning on my way to buy a 24 page pull out on the women’s World Cup, dressed in my usual Monday morning garb of pink cycling hat, a floral pattern dress and clogs. The geezer gave me a funny look and just laughed at me. I just knew he was thinking Hibs had sold more tickets than us. 

My shame is complete. 

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Yes but a much higher percentage of their ST books are 'concessions', their ticket office carry out zero checks on student/'disabled/OAP tickets, i know of at least a dozen hibs 'fans' that rip off their own club with what 4 of them pay to go to easter road being more or less the same as I pay for my one season ticket.

Our ticket revenue will be much much higher than hibs.

I know plenty “OAP” hearts fans who are in their 30’s. Student hearts fans who aren’t in education. It’s not a problem only faced at hibs. 

25 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I know plenty “OAP” hearts fans who are in their 30’s. Student hearts fans who aren’t in education. It’s not a problem only faced at hibs. 

It is however much more of a problem at hibs than anywhere else

On 31/05/2019 at 14:31, Barack said:

Never mind us & Hibs.

For Aberdeen & their recent "successful" period...that's ****ing terrible as an average attendance.

:lol:

There was a time when the 3rd largest supported team was between us and the Sheep. That's where Scotlands 3rd team really started.

On 31/05/2019 at 16:59, Julie1957 said:

Edinburgh football is one team high crowds one team low crowds.The 18000 at Easter rd should put Hearts at 6-7000 season tickets and crowds between 8-11000 I hope I am wrong but time will tell.Reported low season ticket sales are worrying.

Stop smoking the crack pipe It's not good for you. :wink:

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Stop smoking the crack pipe It's not good for you. :wink:

F9DE8693-3F78-43C5-8A04-8CBC93932C32.png

John Findlay
34 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Care to name them or are you talking shite as I suspect.

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Floating football fans.Wait till season ticket numbers come out.

Stop wetting your knickers hen. Hearts will be just fine ST sales wise.

WeeToonJambo
38 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Not in the new stand.  Lights flash to indicate to the stewards what type of card has been scanned and they always have a steward watching for people who are at it.  Are other stands different?

23 minutes ago, WeeToonJambo said:

Not in the new stand.  Lights flash to indicate to the stewards what type of card has been scanned and they always have a steward watching for people who are at it.  Are other stands different?

Well the people I know sit in the wheatfield, as do I. I’ve had player tickets for the new stand that are concession as well and no one checked my ticket. 

On 02/06/2019 at 18:09, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Anybody with eyes and half a brain could see there crowds were fabricated.

It's propaganda, something they are way better at than us. Leanne has definitely got that right from meeting and controlling the hibs net guys to cosying up to the media. 

17775.  :lol:

When the year end accounts are published we will be miles ahead of H1b5 when it comes to season ticket & match day income.

This will prove once again that Hibernimyth are up to their usual lies.

On 03/06/2019 at 18:35, Yoda said:

When the year end accounts are published we will be miles ahead of H1b5 when it comes to season ticket & match day income.

This will prove once again that Hibernimyth are up to their usual lies.

Correct. The annoying thing is the EEHobo reported the news with relish.

It should have been ten
On 02/06/2019 at 22:48, tian447 said:

Absolutely pointless thread.  Every team reports attendances based on ticket sales and season tickets, meaning that the actual attendances are nowhere near the reported figure.

Hibs struggle to fill their stadium, and you can see that on every televised game.  Hundreds and thousands of empty seats, and yet they have the cheek to claim they average nearly 18000 per game? :lol:

We're nowhere near as bad as the "Fans dressed as seats" Arena down in Leith! 

:spoton:

loveofthegame

First time they've averaged above us in 15 years and it is by about 200 folk a match. Hard to be too upset by this. 

Over to the club to sort things out on the pitch and restore the Natural Order.

japanjambo

For scottish cup games, where you couldn't use your season ticket, we had 4,000 more against a junior team than they had against Raith Rovers...practically a derby for them!.

On 03/06/2019 at 16:20, Ribble said:

It is however much more of a problem at hibs than anywhere else

Got any stats to back that up out of interest?

We_are_the_Hearts

Who gives a shit. The only stat we should be worried about is that we finished 6th again and behind them again. 

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Got any stats to back that up out of interest?

Nope, just know someone close to the club that said hibs are aware of widespread misuse of concessions but Petrie is of the opinion that it's better to have folk turning up and paying half price than it is having them not turn up at all. Same philosophy for the free school tickets they give away, better to sell more pies and juice than have empty seats.

On 02/06/2019 at 22:18, Kiwidoug said:

I'm so embarrassed I'm scared to go out of the hoose.

Scared the Maori hobo supporters club catch a glimpse of your red face?

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Nope, just know someone close to the club that said hibs are aware of widespread misuse of concessions but Petrie is of the opinion that it's better to have folk turning up and paying half price than it is having them not turn up at all. Same philosophy for the free school tickets they give away, better to sell more pies and juice than have empty seats.

If I was paying full price for an adult ticket and other people are paying a for a concession who are not eligible it would make me angry 

Hectormasson
On 02/06/2019 at 18:50, jonnothejambo said:

I was thinking the same. 

The smell of vermin shite is palpable.

Different ball game next time around ,,,hearts bigger gates ,better all round,on and off the pitch!   FTH, and no danger they got 17 and half average last season??? Some c....ts at it big time,,,

Hectormasson
On 03/06/2019 at 16:21, Marvin said:

There was a time when the 3rd largest supported team was between us and the Sheep. That's where Scotlands 3rd team really started.

Like it m8,,tells the lochend tramps a few home truths about themselves that !!!???????????