• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

• gorgie rd eh11

• graygo

Just now, bazman said:

Hibs played 3 games at home after the split compared to our 2

That would mean their average would surely be lower then. 

Stephen Muddie

If there's only been about 3000 empty seats on average at Hubz home games then their ground must hold about 14000. Or my eyes need tested.

Stephen Muddie
9 minutes ago, bazman said:

Hibs total divided by 19 is 17774.9. HMFC's total of 333,724 divided by 18 is 18540.2

CBA checking if you're accurate but, if you are, somebody has divided our total by 19.

EDIT: I somehow forgot the league splits after 33. I don't remember anyone saying we had an unfair home/away balance this season. So assuming both clubs played 19/19

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Fire_At_The_Disco
4 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

If there's only been about 3000 empty seats on average at Hubz home games then their ground must hold about 14000. Or my eyes need tested.

You count some twice as they have mutated heads.

Stephen Muddie

13 minutes ago, bazman said:

Ignore my previous reply. I see what you mean - They had bigger matches that tipped the balance.

4 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

You count some twice as they have mutated heads.

:jjyay:

Selkirkhmfc1874

Considering the way we've played most of the season those average home attendances for us are pretty good 

12 minutes ago, Jodami said:

That would mean their average would surely be lower then. 

Average doesn’t change if you add one game at average level but it does mean that Hibs had a top 6 game added in which would probably be above average, bringing the average up. 

Clerry Jambo

I would seriously love to see figures for bums on seats for each club, rather than briefs sold

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I would seriously love to see figures for bums on seats for each club, rather than briefs sold

Given the difference in mankyness between the two fan groups I’m betting we have more briefs on bums than they do, but they have more bums

Restonbabe

Doesn't add up correctly. There is zero way hibs have attendances that match tynecastle. 

They regularly hand out up to 2500 free tickets which I can only assume that they count towards their attendance regardless of weither they attend or not

Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

It’s tickets sold not bums on seats. This is covered almost every week on JKB.

Rick James

Had a debate with our fans on Facebook as they were seething that our crowds were down from last year and that it was a sign of the times.

People couldn't fathom that last year wasn't necessarily a fair reflection of our attendances. The Aberdeen and Rangers games alone equated to an extra match if you will.

16 minutes ago, Sid said:

Average doesn’t change if you add one game at average level but it does mean that Hibs had a top 6 game added in which would probably be above average, bringing the average up. 

The average does change because to get to the Hibs figure they have divided the total by 19 instead of 20.

The respective averages should be

HMFC 17564

Them 16886

This is amazing when you consider we have been playing sh*te (according to the pant wetters) and they have been playing pure free-flowing football that Brazil copied.

21 minutes ago, Sid said:

Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen all visited Tynecastle twice during the season. Those are the only games that are consistently above average in a normal season.

Need someone to make a freedom of information request to the Police to ask what they actual attendances were for all the games.

My guess is Hearts will move to 3rd. 

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Murrayfield saved us last season.Can see us down to 5th once The sheep move.

:lol:

15 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

:rofl:

doctor jambo
15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol:

Indeed, because moving out of town, away from most of the fans, away from all the bars and restaurants and the train station will lead to a 20% increase in attendance.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
18 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

JamboGraham

I think posters are confusing the fact that Aberdeen had to visit Easter Road 3 times with Hibs getting an extra home match in the season. Both Edinburgh sides played 19 home matches.

Unless Aberdeen are moving to a parallel universe, they ain’t going above us on attendances any time soon.

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I think posters are confusing the fact that Aberdeen had to visit Easter Road 3 times with Hibs getting an extra home match in the season. Both Edinburgh sides played 19 home matches.

luckily our record breaking new revenue streams mean soon we wont need fans at all.

there is only one fan that counts - Queen Budge ( awaits certain poster who cannot be named to go apoplectic)

42 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The average does change because to get to the Hibs figure they have divided the total by 19 instead of 20.

The respective averages should be

HMFC 17564

Them 16886

This is amazing when you consider we have been playing sh*te (according to the pant wetters) and they have been playing pure free-flowing football that Brazil copied.

You are correct that they have divide the total by 19 to get the average attendance however if you look at the fixtures on the attached it shows they did in fact have 19 home games. Not sure if this is correct though.

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hibernian/2018-19/fixtures-and-results.html

Just out of curiosity Al do you think we have been playing attractive free flowing football?

Attendances are pretty irrelevant it's the income generated from them that's the most important barometer. 

Italian Lambretta
12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Attendances are pretty irrelevant it's the income generated from them that's the most important barometer. 

Empty seats all over the stadium will not be a good barometer next season

JamboGraham
18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

luckily our record breaking new revenue streams mean soon we wont need fans at all.

there is only one fan that counts - Queen Budge ( awaits certain poster who cannot be named to go apoplectic)

Afraid not, gate receipts account for almost 44% of our turnover. In order to achieve a position where we could standstill (never mind grow) we would need to increase our commercial income by almost 200%.

Only having one supporter turning up to each home match would put us in rather a tricky spot. I don't think that would be lucky at all.

AlimOzturk

Hibs still riding on the Scottish cup win I reckon both team attendance will drip next season after poor seasons. Hibs MIGHT maintain true to decent performances under the new manager.   

32 minutes ago, ramrod said:

They are quite obviously interrelated. People are more likely to use corporate facilities in a full stadium with a decent atmosphere. I sit just above the corporate seats in the main stand and they were empty at many games, including more high profile fixtures. 

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hibs still riding on the Scottish cup win I reckon both team attendance will drip next season after poor seasons. Hibs MIGHT maintain true to decent performances under the new manager.   

Mental they have higher attendances.  The Scottish cup was 4 years ago was it no

Edinburgh football is one team high crowds one team low crowds.The 18000 at Easter rd should put Hearts at 6-7000 season tickets and crowds between 8-11000 I hope I am wrong but time will tell.Reported low season ticket sales are worrying.

1 minute ago, Julie1957 said:

Edinburgh football is one team high crowds one team low crowds.The 18000 at Easter rd should put Hearts at 6-7000 season tickets and crowds between 8-11000 I hope I am wrong but time will tell.Reported low season ticket sales are worrying.

Where have low season ticket sales been reported?

37 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Mate - I take it you never watched any highlights of games at ER. They announce a crowd of 18000 odd when everyone knows there is 5000 empty seats. 

7 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

7 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Can you provide a link to the story on low season ticket sales please? 

The Old Tolbooth
10 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Can we keep this one mods? :rofl:

NaturalOrder74

Fester Road was half empty every single game I seen the highlights of last season what a load of pish 

132goals1958
6 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Wouldn't worry your little head. What I can confidently predict is we will generate much more revenue, as it is unrealistic to charge buttons and bolts together with a preponderance of freebies solely as a means of getting bums on seats. 

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

35 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

You appear to be living evidence that the Scottish education has failed. WTF are you talking about

adambraejambo

Not that I believe those figures but even if we took those averages as fact over the season it about 2000 fans more. Now let's say they all pay 35  pounds a ticket (lol I know nowhere near that) it comes to 70000 pounds only. Our cup run. Our Fof Payments their half million payment to Farmer we still at least 2.5m a year up in them in hard cash.