Injustices this season

kimosavi

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

This is the only one I care about tbh

Is this the right photo?

7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

B02ADE19-9D99-4A19-BBEE-2F452E7EB44A.jpeg

What a shock.  Celtic awarded a dubious  penalty in a Cup Final just when they needed it.  That ref in the 98 Cup Final should be given a knighthood.  No one told him the script.

gashauskis9

Apart from the cup final decision, the one at Perth with Dallas hurts most.  3 points in that game would have helped us kick on in spite of injuries.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Apart from the cup final decision, the one at Perth with Dallas hurts most.  3 points in that game would have helped us kick on in spite of injuries.

That was an absolute disgrace.

Rangers miles offside goal in the 2–1 game at Tynie is another that springs to mind. 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I’d just about managed to erase that from memory. 

Thanks ??

A more ridiculous decision you’ll struggle to find.

At the time and with a few people doing calculations, and being reasonable, just taking the very clear wrong decisions it was around 12 points lost. 

13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That result knocked some of the stuffing out of us

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

What a shock.  Celtic awarded a dubious  penalty in a Cup Final just when they needed it.  That ref in the 98 Cup Final should be given a knighthood.  No one told him the script.

They did in 2012 :lol: 

Famous 1874

Even in games we won there were some scandalous decisions. Most recently when we beat Aberdeen 2-1, Cosgrove and Ball both should have been sent along with a stonewall penalty denied on Uche, who was booked for simulation before getting it removed via the appeal system.

Need to get these officials all the help they can get, but at the end of the day it will be the same incompetent and corrupt officials making the decisions 

Offside given against McLean at home v Killie when ball was played by their defender.

Djoums 2 yellows at Livi in 5-0 game.

Disparity between Brandon's red for elbow and Cosgrove and Morelos both doing similar to Berra this season.

There's a huge list and but for decisions we'd have at least 12 more points.

What we don't know is whether other teams have similar lists!

54 minutes ago, kila said:

What an absolute  ****ing disgrace.

Pretty much sums up how awful the officials are in this country.

Dallas is only in the top league because of daddy who was also corrupt. Carrying on the family tradition.

tokyowalnut
2 minutes ago, Chaps said:

What an absolute  ****ing disgrace.

Pretty much sums up how awful the officials are in this country.

Dallas is only in the top league because of daddy who was also corrupt. Carrying on the family tradition.

That has to be the worst one. I was absolutely raging about that. I can almost see why the penalty was given last week, but this was a joke. Dallas shouldnt be near Sunday league games let alone the top league. 

The run of outrageous refereeing decisions coincided with the injuries and followed Levein's health issues. The team never refound their mojo. 

Whether the slump indicated a lack of resilience, poor management or an understandable response to adversity can be debated. Hopefully, the triple whammy is unlikely to happen again. The gods were not kind to us last season.

Christies dive in the semi.

Dikamonas goal in October derby being chalked off.

Hibs offside goal at tynie.

This stuff evens itself out in the season for every club, except for Celtic/ Rangers who seem to get the big refereeing **** ups in their favour. 

Edited by EH11 2NL

Holyrood_Hearts

In terms of fairness we’ve benefited from some calls as well. Got a very soft pen v Livingston which we then missed, Naismith v Aberdeen in the 2-1 was never a pen while Djoum should’ve been sent off for an awful challenge v St Mirren he only got booked for.

I’m sure there’s been other stuff this season, fans sometimes have a selective memory.

I don't give a flying **** about benefiting sometimes from ineptitude. I want to lose because we've been the worse team. Why in Scotland is that such a ****ing difficult place to get to?

Get them all sacked and bring in refs from abroad. Plenty countries big enough to offer refs of a higher standard, with no allegiance to ether arse cheek. Probably be cheaper too. 

Way too many garbage penalties awarded. Sevco's 4 in one game (3 that were garbage) springs to mind.  

RobbofordGHC
1 hour ago, been here before said:

A thread worthy of Kerrydale Street.

Can you imagine the reaction had a treble treble been stopped with the award of a Hearts penalty like the one Celtic got last week?

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't give a flying **** about benefiting sometimes from ineptitude. I want to lose because we've been the worse team. Why in Scotland is that such a ****ing difficult place to get to?

Get them all sacked and bring in refs from abroad. Plenty countries big enough to offer refs of a higher standard, with no allegiance to ether arse cheek. Probably be cheaper too. 

Totally, The Polish refs that came in were way better than the bent dross we have here. The Cheeks just had to take what they gave out and STFU. 

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Whatever said:

Can you imagine the enormous whole can of **** that would’ve been opened had a hearts player won a penalty in the same circumstances and that had ended their treble treble? Add it to the fact the referee had awarded penalties to us in every previous cup game and this was the fifth in a row? Could you imagine if the referee had been for instance Bobby Madden? Could you even imagine the shit storm those filthy ****ing scumbags would’ve created in such a scenario. I think we all can tbh the Hearts player would’ve already cited and banned for the start of next season and the ref in question would no doubt punish us every time he reffed us for years. 

Im not nearly over this yet and it’ll take me a while. 

This country and this league gives me the boak. 

been here before
13 minutes ago, RobbofordGHC said:

Can you imagine the reaction had a treble treble been stopped with the award of a Hearts penalty like the one Celtic got last week?

Aye. Threads like this.

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

That ref was never seen again 

Euan Norris?

He reffed is v ICT at Easter Rd in the semi and gave us absolutely nothing.

As bad a display as I’ve ever witnessed, and like many I’ve witnessed some shite.

peter_hmfc

League Cup semi, Christie goes down, penalty, scored.

That.

Was.

A.

Dive.

ginger jambo98

Soapy's penalty claim in the 2nd home Derby. They got on in the last Derby for exact same incident. 

Edited by ginger jambo98

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, been here before said:

A thread worthy of Kerrydale Street.

I'm sure you know!

upgotheheads
7 hours ago, Whatever said:

7 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Is this the right photo?

4 hours ago, Whatever said:

Yeah

It was Edouard who won the 'penalty' No 22. I think this was from either the previous week at Parkhead or maybe the Murrayfield game.

12 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It was Edouard who won the 'penalty' No 22. I think this was from either the previous week at Parkhead or maybe the Murrayfield game.

They all had 5 on their shorts in memory of Billy McNeill.

The cup final pen was unlucky but kind of understandable and predictable.

The offside Rangers goal and St J non-penalty though were two of the worst reffing decisions I've ever seen. The linesman was right in line for the Rangers one looking at it. Even the BBC called it offside! https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46333044

The penalty was just incredible. Those two cost us 3 points minimum just when we needed some luck, or at least not more bad luck.

Edited by Guest

jambopilms

The shit the club got for Neil Lennon acting like a **** and then taking a dive because of a coin to the coat, pretending to be knocked out and then claiming victim status was the the biggest scam of the season. Nobody called him out for his behaviour and the media lapped it up.

I ****ing hate Neil Lennon. Anyone else would have been hounded for that type of behaviour. He ends up with the highest paid job in the country. Only in Scotland.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Disallowed last minute goal against the hobos at tynecastle

Was offside

2 hours ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Soapy's penalty claim in the 2nd home Derby. They got on in the last Derby for exact same incident. 

Correct

6 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Even in games we won there were some scandalous decisions. Most recently when we beat Aberdeen 2-1, Cosgrove and Ball both should have been sent along with a stonewall penalty denied on Uche, who was booked for simulation before getting it removed via the appeal system.

Need to get these officials all the help they can get, but at the end of the day it will be the same incompetent and corrupt officials making the decisions 

I live in hope ... but thank you for reminding me of that! I'd forgotten. Why? Too many poor decisions to remember them all.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not enough time to go through them all. Plus the injuries. Little wonder form and confidence shattered 

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Whatever said:

They all had 5 on their shorts in memory of Billy McNeill.

Hadn't noticed that.

What surprises me is how many neutral observers are happy to say that bobby ‘asked for it’ by going to ground. Nobody seems to care that Edouard stuck his foot in to Bobby’s midrift and his trailing leg had nothing to do with it. It was never a penalty and the only reason nobody cares is because it’s Celtic. If it was the other way around it would be carnage but as we see year on year these decisions simply don’t go for the smaller clubs against Celtic.

Next season I'm going to start a "Game Changers" thread. Dodgy game changing decisions and keep stats on which officials are making the errors and points lost etc.

4 hours ago, jambopilms said:

The shit the club got for Neil Lennon acting like a **** and then taking a dive because of a coin to the coat, pretending to be knocked out and then claiming victim status was the the biggest scam of the season. Nobody called him out for his behaviour and the media lapped it up.

I ****ing hate Neil Lennon. Anyone else would have been hounded for that type of behaviour. He ends up with the highest paid job in the country. Only in Scotland.

I’ve said it before - Lennon has a free pass to behave exactly how he pleases in matches against Hearts, thanks to the utter cretin who attacked him. He can play the victim card for ever and there is nothing we can do about it.

I hope said cretin is pleased with himself.