Sir Rudolf Skacel retiring

Captain America

Ron Swanson
39 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Three goals that stick out.

You knew he would score but no other player probably would 

1. The second in a 2-0 win at Tyney against Celtic. The ball drops from a failed clearance and drills a volley into the bottom right.

2. Final minutes of new year derby at ER.

3. Semi final against Celtic.

The last one, any player would play safe and roll it in, but the defender would have covered it. He smashes high. 

My favourite player of all time.

Possibly the purest strike of a ball I have ever seen

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• martoon

• JohnB

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You really have no idea what happen's at Hearts do you. The more you post the more obvious it becomes.

I like Levein and I love Rudi, but I’ve heard the story quite a few times that Rudi doesn’t like him and didn’t want the coaching job because it was Levein that was in charge. 

Just as recently as last week Rudi liked a tweet about Stewart saying Hearts are a dictatorship under Levein, so there must be some truth to him not getting along with Levein.

2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I like Levein and I love Rudi, but I’ve heard the story quite a few times that Rudi doesn’t like him and didn’t want the coaching job because it was Levein that was in charge. 

Just as recently as last week Rudi liked a tweet about Stewart saying Hearts are a dictatorship under Levein, so there must be some truth to him not getting along with Levein.

He didn't want the coaching job because he wanted to continue playing.

43 minutes ago, martoon said:

I wonder how many family pets, even children, go by the name of Rudi in Edinburgh. Always a sign of legendary status. 

Our cat is called Maulary. 

So is our sloth. He doesn't do a lot. He's sort of "on gardening leave". Appropriate somehow apart from the fact that money means nothing to him.

Image result for photo of sloth

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, JohnB said:

So is our sloth. He doesn't do a lot. He's sort of "on gardening leave". Appropriate somehow apart from the fact that money means nothing to him.

?

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

He must have heard that CL had a policy of NOT employing elderly players.

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I don't see why the two factors couldn't both come into play. I'm not denying Rudi wanted to keep playing but you seem to be denying that the fact he doesn't like Levein had anything to do with it.

I'd imagine it was a combination of the two and it's nothing to get precious about.

Edited by Squirt

The Gorgie
52 minutes ago, martoon said:

I wonder how many family pets, even children, go by the name of Rudi in Edinburgh. Always a sign of legendary status. 

My boy Rudi

20190226_182232.jpg

2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I don't see why the two factors couldn't both come into play. I'm not denying Rudi wanted to keep playing but you seem to be denying that the fact he doesn't like Levein had anything to do with it.

I'd imagine it was a combination of the two and it's nothing to get precious about.

Who is getting precious about anything? Not me that's for certain.

innerjambo

One of the most exciting players to have ever donned the Famous Maroon Jersey. A once in a lifetime player, of which we will never see the likes again..................Rudi Skacel, take a bow!!

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Who is getting precious about anything? Not me that's for certain.

Didn't mean to insinuate that you were mate, just a turn of phrase.

16 minutes ago, JohnB said:

:lol:

4 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Same Levein that offered him a coaching role but he knocked it back because he wanted to continue playing?

Here's the EEN coverage from that time. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-offer-coaching-role-to-idol-rudi-skacel-1-3440078  

Nomatter what you hear or choose to believe, we could without doubt have had 3 or 4 years out of him as a player. However, it was CL who decided he was suitable ONLY as a coach and as we found out later with our youngest players. Now, whilst I don't want to denigrate in any way the importance of the role of coach to that age group, I can't help but interpret the situation at Tynnie at that time as being a case of "only room for one big fish in this particular pond". It certainly wasn't going to be Rudi.

12 minutes ago, TheStig said:

My boy Rudi

20190226_182232.jpg

Just showed my daughter the pic and she's in love. 

Finlay James
26 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Here's the EEN coverage from that time. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-offer-coaching-role-to-idol-rudi-skacel-1-3440078  

Nomatter what you hear or choose to believe, we could without doubt have had 3 or 4 years out of him as a player. However, it was CL who decided he was suitable ONLY as a coach and as we found out later with our youngest players. Now, whilst I don't want to denigrate in any way the importance of the role of coach to that age group, I can't help but interpret the situation at Tynnie at that time as being a case of "only room for one big fish in this particular pond". It certainly wasn't going to be Rudi.

Aye, because that's what happened ?‍♂️

Out of interest, how do you actually know that Rudi would make a good coach?  Great players don't necessarily become effective coaches.

8 hours ago, Captain America said:

From what Rudi has just retweeted on Twitter from his current club it appears he is retiring after their game tomorrow.

Legend is a word thrown about bit too often these days but this guy falls well within that category for our club.

Enjoy retirement Rudi.

Screenshot_20190601-072329_Twitter.jpg

You can sense the sigh of relief coming from Fester Road.

Enjoy your retirement Rudi. We will never forget you. You legend.

Thought Police

Hearts should be making a bigger deal of this. One of our greatest ever players and my first footballing hero.

Thank you Rudi for a tremendous career and thank you for impacting my life in such a positive way during your time at Hearts.

21 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Hearts should be making a bigger deal of this. One of our greatest ever players and my first footballing hero.

Hearts should, maybe name one of the hospitality suites after him.

17 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Aye, because that's what happened ?‍♂️

Out of interest, how do you actually know that Rudi would make a good coach?  Great players don't necessarily become effective coaches.

I never said that he would make a good coach FJ - that was CL's judgement. Although there are many who think otherwise, I've always based my approach on past performance being the best indicator of future performance and that's why, had I been able, I would have offered him employment as a player. An opportunity missed by the club but hopefully we will try to gain some mutual benefit from a "late in the day" relationship this time.

Brighton Jambo
10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

This Sir business has become cringy.

I agree, surely he should be upgraded to Lord Rudi by now? 

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I agree, surely he should be upgraded to Lord Rudi by now? 

Or perhaps he could emulate Idi Amin? A wee tweak here & there and we have:- "His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Rudi, Doctor Rudolf , VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of all the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the Vermin in Fester Road in General and Tynie and Hampden in Particular." ???

Oh ... and he's probs also 'The Last King Of Tynie'. He scored numerous goals with his legendary 'left-peg', but also his right and his head. Seriously, though, I'd love to see him back working with Naisey in the background plotting next season's adventures. I'm allowed to dream ... ?

Preston Jambo

Just looked up Pribram  and it's a 3 hour drive for me and I have a 100 (whatever the Czech currency is) to get rid of before I leave Germany, so it's tempting. I'm sure it will seem more and more like a good idea as the Hellas ? goes down tonight but probably not in the morning.

heartsfc1874

Oh Rudi Skacel you are love of my life

oh Rudi Skacel id let you shag my wife

oh Rudi Skacel I just want to be you

5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

You really have no idea what happen's at Hearts do you. The more you post the more obvious it becomes.

Having watched Hearts since the 1950’s I think I have a good idea of how Hearts operate. Presumably you are one of the happy clappers.

CL is one of the type who it’s his way or no other way hence you might understand why he doesn’t want great players like Rudi advising or being involved. As for the offer by Levein for Rudi to coach  youngsters- that was a calculated insult. 

Levein’s  type of player isn’t skilful guys like Rudi. His type is cart horses like Uche and Vanacek. It’s doubtful if Robbo would have been part of Levein’s plans.

56 minutes ago, Preston Jambo said:

Just looked up Pribram  and it's a 3 hour drive for me and I have a 100 (whatever the Czech currency is) to get rid of before I leave Germany, so it's tempting. I'm sure it will seem more and more like a good idea as the Hellas ? goes down tonight but probably not in the morning.

100 Czech Koruna is approximately 3.86 Euros, so good luck to you! ???

Preston Jambo
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

100 Czech Koruna is approximately 3.86 Euros, so good luck to you! ???

Could probably still get pished on that ??

Just now, Preston Jambo said:

Could probably still get pished on that ??

Last time I was there (2014) it was litres of Budweiser Budvar for the equivalent of 60 pence!!!

Brighton Jambo
4 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Not many genuine legends out there, but Rudi qualifies.

Couldn’t agree more, in the history of our club he is a genuine 100% legend up there with anyone other player we could name.  Not least because his contribution actually won us big trophies. 

i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

We really are shit at coming up with songs :facepalm:

A good song in 2012 about Rudi being the love of my life. :greggy:

19 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Couldn’t agree more, in the history of our club he is a genuine 100% legend up there with anyone other player we could name.  Not least because his contribution actually won us big trophies. 

A total star for us. He even pulled pints in a Tollcross bar whilst celebrating!

Shanks said no

I asked my wife for a reasonably neutral viewpoint, here points were

- he was utterly gorgeous

- he was the only player you would leave the pub early to watch warm up

andfultons baggio

Legend! Bring him home. Goal machine. Best striker of a ball I have seen in a Hearts jersey. Mutual love affair with fans. A player who just got Hearts. 

Dagger Is Back
15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

This Sir business has become cringy.

There are only two players in my 57 years who have really created that ‘special’ feeling. That anticipation that something good could happen but also that feeling of loss when they were no longer there 

We’ve been blessed with some wonderful players through the years but Robbo and Sir Rudi are the Stand outs for me,

Sorry Kiwi but Sir is very very appropriate in my humble opinion 

The Gorgie
10 hours ago, martoon said:

Just showed my daughter the pic and she's in love. 

Personally didn't want him, i wanted a lab as thats what i grew up with. Wouldn't change him for the world now. She always banged on about getting a french bulldog so got her way but obviously i got to name him.

Scorer in two winning Scottish Cup finals for us.

That is untouchable legendary status.

Handsome mother f*cker anaw.

You could start celebrating before the ball even got to him.  Eg...

Love Rudi, top man.

Edited by naeclue

Borders Jambo
18 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Handed the sisterfisting nyaffs their Jimmy Carter's on a plate more times than yer average East Stand rent boy gams his uncle. 

They hated him and no wonder. He torpedoed the trash on many occasions.

:fth:

Poetry, sheer poetry.

Re Rudi, happy retirement to a player who was sheer class on and off the pitch.  

portobellojambo1

I think Rudi Skacel is maybe the epitome of the fact that some players just fit in perfectly at certain clubs, as he certainly did that at HMFC. I hope he has a long and happy retirement and if he still wants to be involved in football he is the sort of guy whose technical ability would be a huge boost at our club, if he fancies returning to Tynecastle in a coaching capacity now that the playing has finished.

Edited by portobellojambo1

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 08:49, chester copperpot said:

Robbo

Rudi

Hartley

Levein/Jardine/Adam/Cameron

In that order. I honestly would let him have bum fun with me just so I could say I spent a night with Rudi Skacel.

Oh Andy you tease

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:20, TheStig said:

Shocking that the only song we could come up with for him was the goal machine song. He deserved so much more. Best player I've seen in a Hearts shirt, the fear he struck into hibs was great to see.

I tried one to the tune of the red nosed reindeer . I thought it was good

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:18, Locky said:

Many greats I've witnessed at Hearts. See Cameron, Pressley, Hartley, Takis etc. The list goes on.

But Rudi is my ultimate hero. Played for Hearts at a time when I was at my most impressionable. During the 2005/06 season, I got the full strip with Skacel 8 on the back, got his boots, wore the sweatbands and wristbands like Rudi, done his celebration when I scored. Literally the first person I ever wanted to be.

Enjoy retirement you handsome *******, and I hope we see more of you back in Edinburgh in the future.

nice one

23 hours ago, martoon said:

Maulary Martoon

21 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Handed the sisterfisting nyaffs their Jimmy Carter's on a plate more times than yer average East Stand rent boy gams his uncle. 

They hated him and no wonder. He torpedoed the trash on many occasions.

:fth:

simply wonderful

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He should pay us a visit at the next derby and stroll on at half time then as he walks off he should do the famous GTF salute to the rimjobs in the away end.

I would love to witness that.

yaaaaaasssssss

17 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

There are only two players in my 57 years who have really created that ‘special’ feeling. That anticipation that something good could happen but also that feeling of loss when they were no longer there 

We’ve been blessed with some wonderful players through the years but Robbo and Sir Rudi are the Stand outs for me,

Sorry Kiwi but Sir is very very appropriate in my humble opinion 

No problem.  Make no mistake  I idolise the man.  I will never forget going to bed on the night of the 2012 semi final thinking we had no chance until I remembered that the guy called Skacel was playing for us.

Not at all surprised to see him score the magnificent goal that set the tone.

And Hibs.  Rudi made their lives a nightmare for years.  Something they will remember for decades.

1874_and_proud

Their game finished 0-0, was 3-3 in first leg, not sure if it's pk's but Sir Rudi did not get on. Rudi was just so special, great left foot and passer of the ball. His hat trick v st mirren at Tyne was a standout. Would always do something special in a game, he was just made for Hearts. ?? Good Luck Rudi, thank you for the memories.??????????????

We will NEVER forget you, LEGEND.

1 hour ago, 1874_and_proud said:

Their game finished 0-0, was 3-3 in first leg, not sure if it's pk's but Sir Rudi did not get on. Rudi was just so special, great left foot and passer of the ball. His hat trick v st mirren at Tyne was a standout. Would always do something special in a game, he was just made for Hearts. ?? Good Luck Rudi, thank you for the memories.??????????????

We will NEVER forget you, LEGEND.

It was a relegation play off against the 3rd placed team from the division below, Pribram stayed up courtesy of their 3 away goals.

This was in the match report -

After the match, home midfielder Rudolf Skácel finished his professional career. However, the European Champion until 21 years of age did not intervene in the game and remained on the bench.