Sir Rudolf Skacel retiring

Captain America

Captain America

From what Rudi has just retweeted on Twitter from his current club it appears he is retiring after their game tomorrow.

Legend is a word thrown about bit too often these days but this guy falls well within that category for our club.

Enjoy retirement Rudi.

Screenshot_20190601-072329_Twitter.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• martoon

• JohnB

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rudi in green 

:cornette:

Happy retirement sweet prince and haste ye back for a visit 

"... Bale and Baird at the back, but the best of the pack ..." ?

Edited by Wee Mikey

Jambos_1874

The dream of seeing him back playing for us is finally over then!!

Definitely one of my favourite Hearts players. Quite incredible what he achieved in such a short time playing for the club.

Twins to look after now and a rather fine Mrs! 

I’d be greeting every morning if I had to leave that Eva at home!!

Legend

Leveins Battalion
17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This Sir business has become cringy.

I know I agree,I call him Mr Sexy.

29 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Hope to see him back at the club in some capacity one day.

:wub:

So would many but won’t happen while CL remains in charge.

7 minutes ago, Prof said:

I agree, sadly it's unlikely to happen but frankly I'd be surprised if Ann can't see a golden PR and commercial opportunity in this - it should be grabbed with both hands.

Edited by JohnB

13 minutes ago, Prof said:

Good grief! Only 11 posts and there we have it ... "Levein Oot'!!!  Can ye no just celebrate Rudi's contribution to Hearts?

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Good grief! Only 11 posts and there we have it ... "Levein Oot'!!!  Can ye no just celebrate Rudi's contribution to Hearts?

Rankles with me tbh. We should be trying to see if coaching is for him and if so finding some role at the club for him without a shadow of a doubt. 

Rudi is a player of a kind we haven’t had too many of in the last 10-20 years. 

This club isn’t all about Craig ****ing Levein. 

Edited by jack D and coke

loveofthegame
42 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This Sir business has become cringy.

Get yourself so far to ****.

Happy retirement to my footballing idol/hero, an absolute Hearts legend, 2 Scottish cup wins (make no mistake, we would not have won the cup in 2012 without him with goals in both QF ties, v Celtic in the semi and his double in the final), 3 Scottish cup final goals, so many other huge goals and glorious moments in maroon - I love you Sir Rudi of Gorgie.

Will be remembered by Hearts fans in similar vein to many of the biggest legends in our history and deservedly so. Will always be welcome back at Hearts, whether in an official capacity or just as a fan.

35 minutes ago, Prof said:

And yet he was offered a coaching position with the kids at the club when Levein became DOF.  :levein_interesting:

chester copperpot

Robbo

Rudi

Hartley

Levein/Jardine/Adam/Cameron

In that order. I honestly would let him have bum fun with me just so I could say I spent a night with Rudi Skacel.

Jambo, Goodbye

I once sat right next to Rudi whilst JJ gave a pre-match team talk in a hotel. Most surreal moment of my life! 

Sir Rudolph deserves the key to Gorgie. Future Hearts coach/manager ❤

letsalldothebeattie

Deserves to have a happy retirement after everything he done with us. 

Happy Retirement you Legend

That left peg of his is the 8th wonder of the world.

A true Hearts legend, to think some of us questioned bringing him back for a second spell! :lol:

From Rudi and me to Rudi S

Thanks for the memories, one of the finest players to grace the Heart of Midlothian jersey,and a true legend of the Club.

IMG_1099.JPG

The Gorgie

Shocking that the only song we could come up with for him was the goal machine song. He deserved so much more. Best player I've seen in a Hearts shirt, the fear he struck into hibs was great to see.

jack D and coke
Just now, TheStig said:

Shocking that the only song we could come up with for him was the goal machine song. He deserved so much more. Best player I've seen in a Hearts shirt, the fear he struck into hibs was great to see.

We really are shit at coming up with songs :facepalm:

The Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

We really are shit at coming up with songs :facepalm:

Yip, well unless you are a shit player we'll belt out catchy tunes for them, olly Lee song for example. Can't come up with anything for our proper good players like rudi, hartley or Naismith.

Mister Dee

What a left foot! 

Inspirational player with a gift for exciting the crowd. 

22 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

That left peg of his is the 8th wonder of the world.

This ?

Some of those goals he scored. Ooft.

The way he liked to dismantle Hibs and St Mirren. ❤

Grew up watching Robbo etc, don't care, Rudi is my favourite.

Happy retirement Rudi!

FarmerTweedy
50 minutes ago, graygo said:

And yet he was offered a coaching position with the kids at the club when Levein became DOF.  :levein_interesting:

Damn you, defending Craig Levein with evil stuff like facts!!!

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Same Levein that offered him a coaching role but he knocked it back because he wanted to continue playing?

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Wonder if he knows of any gems out there in the czech league? Our ratio from there is pretty good. Think all have done reasonably well except Vanecek.

Many greats I've witnessed at Hearts. See Cameron, Pressley, Hartley, Takis etc. The list goes on.

But Rudi is my ultimate hero. Played for Hearts at a time when I was at my most impressionable. During the 2005/06 season, I got the full strip with Skacel 8 on the back, got his boots, wore the sweatbands and wristbands like Rudi, done his celebration when I scored. Literally the first person I ever wanted to be.

Enjoy retirement you handsome *******, and I hope we see more of you back in Edinburgh in the future.

Robbo-Jambo

A genius with that left foot

Never seen anyone hit a ball so cleanly. 

One goal against St Mirren think when he scored a hatrick just about ripped the net off. 

Think it was first and we went down to ten men and won 5- 2? 

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Lighten up Doug have a beer.

Glass of wine.  Watching the cricket.  Best memories of Rudi.  Bed soon.

Rocky jamboa

The best ever for me in my 40 years watching Hearts. Amazing player but got the club as well. Loved how he wound up the hobos!! 

Third favourite Hearts player for me.

Busby

Robbo

Rudi

I’m pretty sure though, he would have been number one if I was a wee bit younger.

spirt of 98
5 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Get yourself so far to ****.

Happy retirement to my footballing idol/hero, an absolute Hearts legend, 2 Scottish cup wins (make no mistake, we would not have won the cup in 2012 without him with goals in both QF ties, v Celtic in the semi and his double in the final), 3 Scottish cup final goals, so many other huge goals and glorious moments in maroon - I love you Sir Rudi of Gorgie.

Will be remembered by Hearts fans in similar vein to many of the biggest legends in our history and deservedly so. Will always be welcome back at Hearts, whether in an official capacity or just as a fan.

I go as far to say Rudi is the greatest legend of all Hearts legends. Even bigger than the King or the Ace. 

I wonder how many family pets, even children, go by the name of Rudi in Edinburgh. Always a sign of legendary status. 

Our cat is called Maulary. 

Tommy Brown

Three goals that stick out.

You knew he would score but no other player probably would 

1. The second in a 2-0 win at Tyney against Celtic. The ball drops from a failed clearance and drills a volley into the bottom right.

2. Final minutes of new year derby at ER.

3. Semi final against Celtic.

The last one, any player would play safe and roll it in, but the defender would have covered it. He smashes high. 

My favourite player of all time.

Completely agree. 

The league goal against Celtic was probably the sweetest strike of a ball I've seen. 

The nonchalant way he calmly gets the ball under control v. Hibs, looks up, then smashes it home is remarkable. Rudi knows he's scoring as the ball drifts over to him. 

The superb light touch to evade Forster then have the intelligence to just lift the ball high into the net was genius. 

Life feels right when Robbo is on the payroll and I reckon Rudi's presence would feel the same. 

SuperstarSteve

I’ll never forget the day he returned. Off the bench. What a welcome. What a god awful performance. 

Next game was his first start. Didn’t even get my arse on the seat before he scored against rangers. 

6 hours ago, Prof said:

You really have no idea what happen's at Hearts do you. The more you post the more obvious it becomes.